Author Topic: SPG Marriott Cross Promo!  (Read 911 times)

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
SPG Marriott Cross Promo!
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:36:36 PM »
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2016/12/15/marriott-starwood-promotion-2017/

"2017 Marriott & Starwood double points promotion

Through this new global promotion, members of Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest can earn double base points on their first three stays at participating hotels in each program:

You can register between December 15, 2016, and March 15, 2017
You can stay between January 16 and April 15, 2017
In practice this means you’re earning:

2 bonus Starpoints per dollar spent on your first three SPG stays
10 bonus Rewards points per dollar spent on your first three Marriott/Ritz-Carlton stays, except at Residence Inn and Townplace Suites properties, where you only earn 5 bonus Rewards points per dollar spent
You can technically only be a member of Marriott Rewards or Ritz-Carlton Rewards, so you can take advantage of this promotion through either of those programs, plus also through SPG. Do keep in mind that as of now you still need to requalify for status with an individual program, so there’s still an incentive to stay as loyal to either Starwood or Marriott/Ritz-Carlton. Perhaps they’ll start letting members combine elite nights this coming year… who knows.

There will be additional promotions as well

At first I thought to myself “that’s it?” Offering a promotion for just the first three stays does very little to generate incremental business — quite the opposite, actually.

But in looking at my SPG Dashboard, I see that I’m targeted for another offer as well, and can earn up to 15,000 bonus Starpoints through that:
SPG DOUBLE TAKE BONUS

Starting on your fourth stay, you can earn up to 15,000 bonus Starpoints:

Achieve 20 nights and you’ll earn 10,000 Starpoints.
After 20 nights earn 500 Starpoints for each additional night, up to 5,000 Starpoints."
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"