Author Topic: Chase CSR UR hotel booking that wasn't booked  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Traveller

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Chase CSR UR hotel booking that wasn't booked
« on: January 29, 2017, 02:14:04 PM »
I booked a 4 night hotel stay at the Marriott in Surfside with CSR UR points for travel. Got a confirmation email and the points were deducted from my account.

When  we arrived there for check-in the hotel couldn't find such a reservation. I called chase and it turned out that they had made some sort of mistake and now that room category wasn't even avaliable anymore, so they put us in a bit of a nicer room.

It was stressful arriving in a uber straight to our hotel and then them not being able to find our reservation and only after being in the phone for half an hour or so they rebooked us, plus because of this it wasn't possible for us to get early check-in.

Is there a number of chase to call and tell them of this bad experience?
And would they offer compensation and how much would be reasonable?

Offline shulem92

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Chase CSR UR hotel booking that wasn't booked
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 03:44:59 PM »
I booked a 4 night hotel stay at the Marriott in Surfside with CSR UR points for travel. Got a confirmation email and the points were deducted from my account.

When  we arrived there for check-in the hotel couldn't find such a reservation. I called chase and it turned out that they had made some sort of mistake and now that room category wasn't even avaliable anymore, so they put us in a bit of a nicer room.

It was stressful arriving in a uber straight to our hotel and then them not being able to find our reservation and only after being in the phone for half an hour or so they rebooked us, plus because of this it wasn't possible for us to get early check-in.

Is there a number of chase to call and tell them of this bad experience?
And would they offer compensation and how much would be reasonable?
Try the hotel compensation thread. People may be more willing to help you out in the proper thread...

Offline dpk4588

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 09:04:33 PM »
Try the hotel compensation thread. People may be more willing to help you out in the proper thread...
It sounds to me like they should be looking to Chase for compensation not the hotel, in which case I'm not sure the hotel compensation thread is the place to go.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
-Albert Einstein

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:15:44 PM »
Call Chase UR, speak with supervisor. In the future- it's best practice to try and pull up a ressy on the hotel website or by calling the hotel when booked with 3rd party.
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 09:19:16 PM »
Do you have a sapphire reserve? If you do, I would call them- reserve CST are extremely helpful
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.