Author Topic: Amtrak: New York to Montreal for $90 RT  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
Amtrak: New York to Montreal for $90 RT
« on: February 14, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
Sometimes a small break from the daily grind can make all the difference. And Amtrak® has just the deal you've been looking for. The Amtrak weekend getaway fare is back with $90 roundtrip fares between New York City and Montreal aboard the Adirondack®. Book now through April​ 25​ for travel Thursdays​ through Mondays​, now through April​ 28,​ 2016.

Terms and conditions:
Valid for one (1) regular round-trip adult rail fare on the Adirondack for $90. Valid for sale January​ 2​ -​ April​ 24,​ 2017. Valid for travel January​ 5​ -​ April​ 27,​ 2017. Blackouts dates: February​ 17​ and​ 20,​ 2017,​ April​ 13,​ 14​ and​ 17,​ 2017. Valid for travel Thursdays through Mondays only. Valid for a maximum stay of five (5) days only. Advance reservations are required a minimum of three (3) days prior to travel. Up to two (2) children (ages 2 - 12) may accompany each adult at half fare. Children and infants must travel with an adult who is 18 years or older. Valid for Coach seats on the Adirondack only. Seating is limited; fares may not be available on all days. Fares are subject to a slight increase due to pending "Cross the Border Fees". In addition to the discount restrictions, this offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased. Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary are permitted. Fares, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Not combinable with any other discount offer. Other restrictions may apply.

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
Re: Amtrak: New York to Montreal for $90 RT
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 08:48:29 PM »
Wow! Do you know off hand how long the trip is?

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 08:51:49 PM »
Wow! Do you know off hand how long the trip is?

I took it once a few years back, was about 9.5 hours. The trip can be as short as 8 or as long as 11 hours, depending on the time spent at the border.

Very comfortable way to travel, lots of legroom and smooth ride.

From New York till the Capital region is very scenic along the Hudson River, after that would depend if there is snow or not.

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 01:09:19 PM »
But timing is crazy need to kill a full day.

Offline sillypainter

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 01:12:21 PM »
I traveled it many years ago, it was a great experience.

If it would be similar tot he Swiss trains, it would have been such great experience, but unfortunately, it's turtle slow, stops every 30 minutes, border crossing takes forever.

I was thinking of getting off at Plattsburgh and rent a car there, this is I think the best way to do it and have the experience.

Offline Yaalili

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »
I traveled it many years ago, it was a great experience.

If it would be similar tot he Swiss trains, it would have been such great experience, but unfortunately, it's turtle slow, stops every 30 minutes, border crossing takes forever.

I was thinking of getting off at Plattsburgh and rent a car there, this is I think the best way to do it and have the experience.

True, can easily save a couple hours that way.