Author Topic: Credit Freight Question  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Credit Freight Question
« on: February 16, 2017, 07:02:35 PM »
Calling all those experienced in credit reporting/scores and freight shipping.

I started a business recently. It's an LLC. I have an EIN but no D&B.

I had to arrange a shipment from a vendor. It was about two pallets worth, so I went online found uship and got quotes from different companies. YRC freight came out the cheapest at about 600 dollars. Since I had no experience with freight, I called them up about how to arrange the shipping. They said I could buy the shipping and send the BOL to the vendor, or I could just have them ship it to me and I would get a bill. They did not tell me that the latter would be significantly more expensive. I chose the latter.

I got the bill two weeks later for over $2400. Over 4 times the original price I had seen. I called them up, they said since I didn't have an account, I didn't have any pricing. That's why it's that expensive. The rep tried working on it for a month or two, but after everything, said she was unable to lower the price on this bill.

I just got a letter from them threatening, that if it's not paid soon, it will go to an outside collection agency.

My questions are:

Will this affect my personal credit score/report in anyway? I would possibly like to buy a house in the near future, and my credit score is finally at a decent level of 750 or so.

Will this affect my business credit score/report (if I have one). If it does, would that affect my ability to get a personal home mortgage

What happens if I don't pay this bill ever? Are there any other options? I'd pay if was 1500 or so, but 2400 is outrageous for just two pallets.

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline mlomni

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Credit Freight Question
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:07:07 PM »
If you do not pay they will try to get paid by the shipper. In the future try to go through a logistics company. There are many frum people in this business. Or depends how large your business is open your own account with a shipping carrier.

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:12:21 PM »
If you do not pay they will try to get paid by the shipper. In the future try to go through a logistics company. There are many frum people in this business.

Originally, they said, that one of the ways to lower this bill, was to change the bill to the shipper with their permission, and then I would either pay the shipper or YRC freight directly. I contacted the shipper, and they weren't really interested in changing the bill to them. YRC freight tried to get through to them, but was unable officially.

The latest contact from YRC freight, was that it will go to collection next.

Or depends how large your business is open your own account with a shipping carrier.
After this shipment and calling them up for the outrageous price, they put pricing on my account, and it shouldn't be this expensive next time. I am not concerned about next time. I don't want to use YRC freight again, if they can't figure out a way to lower this crazy bill.

Main thing is, I don't want this to hurt my credit. Definitely not my personal credit, and also not my business credit.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 09:21:19 PM by Moish8765 »

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 09:27:46 PM »
My advice is contact a  broker and ask them if you can add this shipment to they're account as a third party and therefore you will get they're pricing, not sure if this will work but worth giving it a shot. I used to use a broker at prompt logistics his name is Avi and number is 7329058686 good luck!

Please post back if this works
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 09:31:55 PM »
Thanks I will give that a try.

Offline mlomni

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »
Don't keep your hopes to high on that suggestion. I don't think that is even do able since there is no third party info on the original BOL. On a side note $600 for 2pallets???  What were you shipping and from where to where?

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »
Don't keep your hopes to high on that suggestion. I don't think that is even do able since there is no third party info on the original BOL. On a side note $600 for 2pallets???  What were you shipping and from where to where?
2 pallets from Cali to PA. The value of the merchandise was about 4K.

Is that expensive or cheap for two pallets? What should it cost?

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 10:08:36 PM »
2 pallets from Cali to PA. The value of the merchandise was about 4K.

Is that expensive or cheap for two pallets? What should it cost?
that sounds normal
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 10:12:21 PM »

Offline mlomni

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 10:27:38 PM »
They charged you 60% of what the product is worth that  is not cool. 600 would have been 15% coast to coast is not terrible.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 10:38:32 PM »
Seems like you are most concerned about your personal credit.

What personal information do they have about you? Where are you located?

I would say, stick to your guns, don't give in. You have nothing to fear. Debt collectors thrive on fear.

Do you have anything to document the $600 quote? If yes, keep it handy if they ever go to court. If not, try to get a new quote (maybe under a different fictitious name) for a similar shipment.

Whenever anyone tries collecting from you, fight back, offer $600 to mark the account paid in full, or they get nothing!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 10:45:19 PM »
Seems like you are most concerned about your personal credit.

What personal information do they have about you? Where are you located?
Pretty much nothing. All they have is my business name, personal name and business address. (And I guess they don't know that I am the owner of the business. I could just be an employee of the business.)
I would say, stick to your guns, don't give in. You have nothing to fear. Debt collectors thrive on fear.
I am just concerned about if it goes to collection, that will hurt my credit score/report.
Do you have anything to document the $600 quote? If yes, keep it handy if they ever go to court. If not, try to get a new quote (maybe under a different fictitious name) for a similar shipment.
I did not actually get an official documented quote from them. However, whenever I go to their website and put in the info for what this shipment was, the quote is about $600.

Whenever anyone tries collecting from you, fight back, offer $600 to mark the account paid in full, or they get nothing!
That's what I want to do, just worried about my credit. Mainly personal, but also business.

Forgot to mention, in the last letter from YRC freight, where they said, that if they don't get paid soon, it will go to collection, they also said they have revoked the credit I have with them. I don't really care, as I don't plan on using them anymore.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 10:56:47 PM by Moish8765 »

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 10:56:09 PM »
Pretty much nothing. All they have is my business name, personal name and business credit. (And I guess they don't know that I am the owner of the business. I could just be an employee of the business.)I am just concerned about if it goes to collection, that will hurt my credit score/report.I did not actually get an official documented quote from them. However, whenever I go to their website and put in the info for what this shipment was, the quote is about $600.
That's what I want to do, just worried about my credit. Mainly personal, but also business.
I have no experience with Pennsylvania courts (if it ever gets to that) but I really think you have nothing to fear. Be confident, get a screen printout of the quote, and whenever anyone asks you to pay for this, don't agree to pay even 1 cent more than the quote, insisting that you don't owe any more than that (don't acknowledge that you do owe anything, just that you don't owe more than X).

Don't give anyone trying to collect this any personal or business information.

Deny and dispute, and you should be OK (from a personal credit perspective).

I can't tell you what your options will be if you ever need to use them again. I would imagine you could always do it under a different company name.
-- Dan

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 11:00:21 PM »
I have no experience with Pennsylvania courts (if it ever gets to that) but I really think you have nothing to fear. Be confident, get a screen printout of the quote, and whenever anyone asks you to pay for this, don't agree to pay even 1 cent more than the quote, insisting that you don't owe any more than that (don't acknowledge that you do owe anything, just that you don't owe more than X).

Don't give anyone trying to collect this any personal or business information.

Deny and dispute, and you should be OK (from a personal credit perspective).

I can't tell you what your options will be if you ever need to use them again. I would imagine you could always do it under a different company name.
I don't need to use them again. There are plenty freight companies out there. I don't need them. As I already mentioned, they already revoked my credit with them.

I also forgot to mention. When they delivered my two pallets, they left it outside, and didn't even get a signature. They contracted out the last step for liftgate service I wasn't at the location when they came to deliver. The 3rd party contractor company asked if they could leave it. I said yes. Regardless, they don't have any signature for the deliver. I guess technically I could deny the entire delivery, so since I acknowledge it, I should be considered. Pe sheasar hu hape shehitir.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 11:05:43 PM »
I don't need to use them again. There are plenty freight companies out there. I don't need them. As I already mentioned, they already revoked my credit with them.

I also forgot to mention. When they delivered my two pallets, they left it outside, and didn't even get a signature. They contracted out the last step for liftgate service I wasn't at the location when they came to deliver. The 3rd party contractor company asked if they could leave it. I said yes. Regardless, they don't have any signature for the deliver. I guess technically I could deny the entire delivery, so since I acknowledge it, I should be considered. Pe sheasar hu hape shehitir.
You can sleep well, and don't think or dwell about it.

If you get contacted by collection agencies, just say you deny the debt, they really have very little practical recourse. They usually win something by intimidating, but if you stick to your guns and don't get intimidated, you will get away unscathed!
-- Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 08:43:51 PM »
update please?

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 12:12:50 PM »
update please?
Still haven't paid anything. A different lady "tried" getting the price down again, but came back saying she couldn't' do anything.

Offline Moish8765

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 04:46:55 PM »
update please?

Got the bill down from $2400 to $1000!. They were willing to settle with me for $1000.

Thanks to everyone for your input.

Offline lechatchileh ariber

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 04:50:56 PM »
Nice to hear
I don't sin, I give myself opportunities to repent.