Author Topic: Add On Item Question  (Read 492 times)

Offline yaelpen92

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Add On Item Question
« on: February 21, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »
If I add an item that will ship in 1 to 2 months along with an Add On Item, is that a way of circumventing the $25 requirement?
I know about the pre-order way but just wondering if people have done it that way without any consequences
I wonder how many miles I've scrolled with my finger

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
Re: Add On Item Question
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:54:38 AM »
If it ships with Prime you are fine. If it is shipped by other means it wont count towards your $25.

Offline yitzyk

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Add On Item Question
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 01:01:09 PM »
I have ordered add-on items together with other items, and then shipped them to separate addresses (sending stuff to my kids away at school.) So while Amazon intended the add-on program to save them from having to ship small cheap items separately, they end up doing so anyway.

Recently I did this same thing, but then realized that I had shipped the main item to the wrong school address. So I cancelled that part of the order, and reordered it to the correct address.

As a result, I realized that the Add-on item ended up being in an order on it's own. I am not suggesting making and then cancelling orders as a way of circumventing the Add-on requirement. I am just observing that it may be possible.