Author Topic: Questions regarding AMEX AU for person with bad history with AMEX  (Read 1169 times)

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
I have a family member who fell on bad times in the past, and left AMEX holding the bag. Of the 3 accounts he had with AMEX, 2 were left totally unpaid (and past statute of limitations, but still showing owing if he logs on to AMEX) the total of those two is probably around $1,500, and another business card for over 60,000 which after many years of going back and forth, was settled for about 13,000 in installments which are still being paid.

Whenever I ask for an AU for him on a personal account, AMEX asks for SSN and DOB, so I didn't even bother trying. However, on business accounts, I managed to request cards online, which work even though they are not activated, but every time they are used I get an email requesting activation, and saying that I (or employee) will need to provide DOB and SSN.

Additionally, on one of the business cards, they show that a card was issued for the AU, but it was seemingly never shipped. I've tried requesting a replacement, but it never gets sent!

If we call to "activate" the employee card with the correct DOB and SSN, is there any risk of AMEX shutting anything down? (or any other risk?)

If above risk exists, is there any way to get AMEX offers for this card, without "activating"?

At what point might AMEX consider this person good enough to give an AU on my personal account?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline 12HRS

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Questions regarding AMEX AU for person with bad history with AMEX
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:04:06 PM »
I have cards that I never added the SSN+DOB and got amex to set up an online account to take advantage of the offers.

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
Re: Questions regarding AMEX AU for person with bad history with AMEX
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:25:06 PM »
I have cards that I never added the SSN+DOB and got amex to set up an online account to take advantage of the offers.
How? (PM if you think it is more appropriate to be shared that way).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan