Author Topic: United award ticket  (Read 1325 times)

Offline MRTHNMAN

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
United award ticket
« on: March 01, 2017, 04:23:52 AM »
Hi , I am trying to book a round trip United award ticket from New York to Edmonton , when I search for one way tickets it shows 12.500 miles each way , if I try to search for a round trip ticket it shows 12,500 one way and the return jumps to 25,000 , if I go back to one way searches it goes back to 12,500 each way , I would prefer a round trip ticket  anyone know why this would  happen  ?

Offline Z56

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
Re: United award ticket
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 04:30:54 AM »
Hi , I am trying to book a round trip United award ticket from New York to Edmonton , when I search for one way tickets it shows 12.500 miles each way , if I try to search for a round trip ticket it shows 12,500 one way and the return jumps to 25,000 , if I go back to one way searches it goes back to 12,500 each way , I would prefer a round trip ticket  anyone know why this would  happen  ?

saver award isn't available on your return flight :)
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline nafnaf12

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 07:28:24 AM »
saver award isn't available on your return flight :)
I believe he is saying that when searching one way for the return flight savoer award is available but when trying to book a RT saver award downstairs show up for the same flight.

I don't see a reason not to make separate reservation

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

Offline MRTHNMAN

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 07:40:46 AM »
I believe he is saying that when searching one way for the return flight savoer award is available but when trying to book a RT saver award downstairs show up for the same flight.

I don't see a reason not to make separate reservation

I am saying that when I search one ways it shows as 12,500 saver each way  , when I do the round trip search it shows the outbound as 12,500 and then the return says saver but it costs 25,000 instead of 12,500 and the round trip costs 37,500 , I would prefer a round trip as this is for 6 months out and in case they make any changes to either way I'd be able to cancel the whole trip without penalty

Offline ckmk47

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 09:30:33 AM »
If he calls and makes the reservation with a person, can the rep override the issue?
My favorite cause: cssy.org