Topic Wiki

OP decides Dan would be a great candidate for a job travelling to time share spots.

Discussion of illicit relationships and if they are worth dying for ensues.

« Last edited by Yehuda57 on March 30, 2017, 03:17:11 PM »

Author Topic: I Nominate Dan  (Read 11012 times)

Offline ponsey

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline JTZ

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: I Nominate Dan
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »
Dan would be the perfect candidate for this job!!!
If he wants to take a massive pay cut!  :P
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline grodnoking

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:17:25 PM »
If he wants to take a massive pay cut! 
It's not like he can't run this place for the most part in the air.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 12:25:38 PM »
They wouldn't take someone who keeps kosher.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »
Actually that would be a great angle to write from.
"LESS IS MORE" It is the cumulative effect that kills deals!!! How many times do I have to say this?  >:(

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 02:58:44 PM »
Because part of the reviews need to be about the food offered at these places?
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:59:19 PM »
Actually that would be a great angle to write from.
They are trying to show people would great benefits they get from owning these homes, that means they need to show off the food from those resorts (that's a big part of going to a fancy resort), without that it'd be silly to hire the person.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 03:05:42 PM »
They are trying to show people would great benefits they get from owning these homes, that means they need to show off the food from those resorts (that's a big part of going to a fancy resort), without that it'd be silly to hire the person.
I consider Dan tasting non-kosher food to be a life and death situation and as such deserves special dispensation.  :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »
I consider Dan tasting non-kosher food to be a life and death situation and as such deserves special dispensation.  :)
Haha, actually only really 3 laws are still enforced in a life and death situation. Wanna guess them?

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 03:17:44 PM »
Haha, actually only really 3 laws are still enforced in a life and death situation. Wanna guess them?
One of them is a no brainer. When St Pats day falls on a Friday during Lent.  :P

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 03:24:09 PM »
One of them is a no brainer. When St Pats day falls on a Friday during Lent.  :P
You lost me.

Offline blerbz

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »
You lost me.
Translation: when your team in playing world series game 7 (after 30 year drought) on shabbos and you gotta watch the game

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 03:30:24 PM »
Translation: when your team in playing world series game 7 (after 30 year drought) on shabbos and you gotta watch the game
I don't think that makes sense based on my statement. Maybe I lost him.

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 03:30:32 PM »
You lost me.
Was referring to "special dispensation". Catholics can't eat meat on Fridays during Lent. When St Pats day fall on a Friday we receive special dispensation so we can enjoy (not me) corn beef and cabbage. You can file that under useless knowledge.

What are the three laws or should you wait until Friday?  :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 03:32:39 PM »
Was referring to "special dispensation". Catholics can't eat meat on Fridays during Lent. When St Pats day fall on a Friday we receive special dispensation so we can enjoy (not me) corn beef and cabbage. You can file that under useless knowledge.

Gotcha, I wasn't saying anything crazy like that lol. We have 613 laws right? So if someone points a gun to your head and says to break them you are supposed to break 610 of them to stay alive the 3 you can't break are murdering someone else, idolatry, and adultery (and some other similar sins). Obviously there is more commentary but this is a basic thing for us.

Some useless knowledge for you too ;)

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 03:33:34 PM »

Idolatry, murder, adultery.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 03:34:58 PM »
Idolatry, murder, adultery.
Also doing a sin intentionally in front of a minyan. Or homosexual acts (so not 2017 to hear that's one of the 3 worst sins it's better to die for ;) )

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 03:36:16 PM »
Also doing a sin intentionally in front of a minyan. Or homosexual acts (so not 2017 to hear that's one of the 3 worst sins it's better to die for ;) )
an intentionally life and death situation?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline JTZ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 03:36:54 PM »
Gotcha, I wasn't saying anything crazy like that lol. We have 613 laws right? So if someone points a gun to your head and says to break them you are supposed to break 610 of them to stay alive the 3 you can't break are murdering someone else, idolatry, and adultery (and some other similar sins). Obviously there is more commentary but this is a basic thing for us.

Some useless knowledge for you too ;)
So if someone says have sex with my wife or I will kill you I am required to decline? What if she is really hot? You have anything like going to confession afterwards?  :)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »
an intentionally life and death situation?
Yea, doesn't matter what the aveira is if someone says to do it in front of  minyan and the point of doing it is to show you don't follow the torah... I guess it's similar to idolatry doing the sin? But it's its own halacha...