Author Topic: Google Checkout  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Eli

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
Google Checkout
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:38:59 PM »
Does anyone have a rock solid way of having a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of GCO accounts and keep using them whenever necessary? I was thinking of creating 50 gmail accounts - eli1, eli2 eli3 etc. - have them all forwarded to my main e-mail (so I get all the order confirmations), and then use CitiBanks Virtual Account Number program to make me a new credit card number whenever I need.

Does that sound right, or does anyone else have any other way of doing it?
-Eli

Offline coralsnake

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Google Checkout
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:42:57 PM »
Would you ever need to use any account more than once (except maybe your main one)?
"Here at DansDeals we don’t do buses." -Dan

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Platinum, Priority Club Platinum, Fairmont Premier, Avis First, Star Alliance Gold, bmi Gold and A"A Lifetime Gold
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:47:39 PM »
Nope, I would need it only for GCO to get the $10 off.
-Eli

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 07:55:16 PM »
I own a domain (CharlesLight.com) I have one email that i really use (info@ etc..) and have it set up as a 'catch-all' email; meaning that all emails from that domain are forwarded there.

For instance, if you email Eli@CharlesLight.com (which doesnt exist) I will get it.

Therefore, when signing up a new GCO account, I just make up an email at that domain (JoeSchmo@...), and use another credit card number.

So far, works like a charm  ;D

Offline Avid Reader

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 09:05:19 PM »
I remember reading something to the affect that you must make the new google checkout account while you are checking out.
So far I always do it that way and never had a problem. I make a new gmail address (e.g. smith, smith1, smith2...) whenever I want to buy something and have it forward to my main address. As of late i started deleting the financial information in my old accounts.

Why would you want to make 50 gmail accounts at once?

Offline Scrable

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 09:16:21 PM »
There are allot of free temp e-mail accounts out there, where you can have 50 emails at there domain dot com, and have it forwarded all to ONE e-mail account of gmail like this you dont have the full hassle of making new g-Mail accounts, cause it wont b to nice to do that to google, there a company that works hard for us and we dont pay them.
Zalman.

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 09:21:45 PM »
True, I do feel bad every time I make a new gmail account that I wont end up using. But I recently learned a solution to that: gmail alows you to completely close out an account you wont be using anymore. Perhaps I'll start doing that.

Offline Other Guy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 09:35:08 PM »
There are allot of free temp e-mail accounts out there, where you can have 50 emails at there domain dot com, and have it forwarded all to ONE e-mail account of gmail like this you dont have the full hassle of making new g-Mail accounts, cause it wont b to nice to do that to google, there a company that works hard for us and we dont pay them.
True, I do feel bad every time I make a new gmail account that I wont end up using. But I recently learned a solution to that: gmail alows you to completely close out an account you wont be using anymore. Perhaps I'll start doing that.
I got some news for you guys, that Google checkout thing that your all scamming? Well it happens to be owned by... guess who...? Thats right! GOOGLE!!!
So in other words your so caring and considerate about bothering Google with new email addresses but you have no prob taking their hard cash?!?!
Sounds like messed up priorities to me...

Offline ash

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 09:37:51 PM »
nope no problem

Offline Yitzter

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 09:40:44 PM »
I used Citi banks virtual account numbers. and I kid you not, I got about 300$ easy worth of stuff. Whenever I saw something for 10.00 I would make a new account number and new email addy and I got it every single time. One time I ordered 15 things in one day. Neat.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline Eli

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »
I used Citi banks virtual account numbers. and I kid you not, I got about 300$ easy worth of stuff. Whenever I saw something for 10.00 I would make a new account number and new email addy and I got it every single time. One time I ordered 15 things in one day. Neat.
You need to use different addresses, no?
-Eli

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 09:46:16 PM »
You need to use different addresses, no?
email address.
"There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 10:01:38 PM »
I got some news for you guys, that Google checkout thing that your all scamming? Well it happens to be owned by... guess who...? Thats right! GOOGLE!!!

So in other words your so caring and considerate about bothering Google with new email addresses but you have no prob taking their hard cash?!?!
Sounds like messed up priorities to me...

No, I'm not trying to be considerate for google. I think they have plenty of power and money to be considerate to themselves whenever they want to be. v'dal.

I'm talking about being considerate to someone who maybe could have used the username I took when I singed up and ended up not using it. if everyone does the same thing then in ten years there will be considerably less availability for users trying to get a username.

Offline avremi

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 10:18:01 PM »
what do you nead to change every time besides for e-mail address

Offline Avid Reader

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »
what do you nead to change every time besides for e-mail address

Try not to use the same credit card within two or three months. If you have a Citi card (or another credit card that has the same option) generate a temporary card number for that specific transaction.

Offline Yitzter

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
Try not to use the same credit card within two or three months. If you have a Citi card (or another credit card that has the same option) generate a temporary card number for that specific transaction.
I think they caught onto that, for some reason they started canceling all my orders in which I used Virtual numbers. Bad luck? maybe.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 10:16:37 AM »
Cancelling your orders is not so bad. I abused their system pretty bad and have been permanently banned from GCO :(
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Joel L.

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 02:43:02 PM »
"and then use CitiBanks Virtual Account Number"

can you feel me in on the details what is a "CitiBanks Virtual Account Number" and how do i do that?

Offline coralsnake

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 02:49:52 PM »
"and then use CitiBanks Virtual Account Number"

can you feel me in on the details what is a "CitiBanks Virtual Account Number" and how do i do that?
If you have a Citibank credit card, you can go on to their website and get a temporary  (virtual) account number that can only be used for an amount of time or a certain transaction. They have this to limit identity theft.

If your virtual account number is only good for one day for one transaction, it is no good if someone steals that number.

Offline avremi

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 09:48:52 PM »
i switched cc and email address
went thru then canceled