Author Topic: Does buying Amex gift cards count towards meeting spend threshold on Amex delta skymiles card?  (Read 1479 times)

Offline Moshe29

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
I have a 1,000 spend to meet the threshold for my welcome offer on a new delta skymiles card.  Does anybody have any experience on whether buying Amex gift cards from americanexpress.com/gift-cards   Would count towards meeting the spend threshold ?  Just wanted to make sure as I messed up once before not knowing that Serve loads no longer count toward spend thresholds

Offline hvaces42

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
Does opening a new thread without searching for something that was answered 100 times and can be found on google qualify you for banning. I know my question has been answered already. Just thought I'd ask anyway.

Oh forgot to open a new thread. Sorry.
Fair warning - Any PMs sent in response to forum posts are fair game for ridicule in public.

Offline Moshe29

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
I actually did search for the answer first.  And answering the question would have taken less time on your part. 

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
I actually did search for the answer first.  And answering the question would have taken less time on your part.
The sense of entitlement isn't going to get you very far around here.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline noturbizniss

• View Profile
Don't do it. They will connect it and shut your cards. Not just amex. All your cc. Best bet is to load serve with them and then get cash from atm and then use that to get a cashiers check and mail it in to amex to buy the amex gc.
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Don't do it. They will connect it and shut your cards. Not just amex. All your cc. Best bet is to load serve with them and then get cash from atm and then use that to get a cashiers check and mail it in to amex to buy the amex gc.
LOL

Offline Oceanblue

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile

+1. this is my experience as well

Offline SoloExperiment

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile

It may seem like a lot of run-around but in this game you can never be to careful