Author Topic: Amex waiting 6-10 weeks to issue 50% rebate on Business Platinum bookings!  (Read 114029 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Unfortunately you're probably right. I'm just thinking that if these abuses would be publicized early on, Amex etc. could respond in perhaps a more moderate way that would preempt the fraudsters while retaining the benefits as intended. The hush hush policy just allows it to go on behind the scenes, and then once flagged it triggers a knee-jerk reaction that severely harms everyone, as is the case here.
Yea right.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Moishebatchy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
Unfortunately you're probably right. I'm just thinking that if these abuses would be publicized early on, Amex etc. could respond in perhaps a more moderate way that would preempt the fraudsters while retaining the benefits as intended. The hush hush policy just allows it to go on behind the scenes, and then once flagged it triggers a knee-jerk reaction that severely harms everyone, as is the case here.

Hah. Not even close.

Online PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
The whole program is probably costing them a lot more than they anticipated
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Was just told by rep who actually read this thread that the standard turnaround is still within 3 business days, however they can't guarantee that.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Was just told by rep who actually read this thread that the standard turnaround is still within 3 business days, however they can't guarantee that.

The rep read this thread on DDF?? What did s/he say?

Aside from that, rep doesn't know what he or she is talking about; it's clear it's not posting in anywhere close to 3 days.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online yelped

• View Profile
The rep read this thread on DDF?? What did s/he say?

Aside from that, rep doesn't know what he or she is talking about; it's clear it's not posting in anywhere close to 3 days.
I told him that reports were saying that since April 11, the 50% rebate weren't posting as fast. So he asked me where I saw that. I sent him here, among other places.  He was like, "oh, I know DansDeals". He said he spoke to his supervisor and he said average turnaround is still 3 business days. But, then again, he doesn't work in that department.

Online mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
I told him that reports were saying that since April 11, the 50% rebate weren't posting as fast. So he asked me where I saw that. I sent him here, among other places.  He was like, "oh, I know DansDeals". He said he spoke to his supervisor and he said average turnaround is still 3 business days. But, then again, he doesn't work in that department.
that is a really smart thing to do! You really should be banned

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Was thinking the same thing...smh
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Online yelped

• View Profile
I know. It sounded like he was familiar with these forums though. Not like just saying, oh I know that. And he was a rep who was mentioned by name here in the forums. A very helpful one (who unfortunately, wasn't able to help me)

Online Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
If you don't like the game... just.. don't play

Offline YMW

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
I was just told by a rep: that I could book travel with $$, and once I have the sufficient points in the account I can call & they will refund the $$, charge the points & do the 50% bonus at the same time.

Online yelped

• View Profile
I was just told by a rep: that I could book travel with $$, and once I have the sufficient points in the account I can call & they will refund the $$, charge the points & do the 50% bonus at the same time.
I was told the same thing about a month ago. I didn't want to rely on the rep..

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Generally need an "exception" do that.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Online yelped

• View Profile
Generally need an "exception" do that.
But, they could do that? Because, I was told by a rep that I could, so I could just say that she told me that they could do it.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
But, they could do that? Because, I was told by a rep that I could, so I could just say that she told me that they could do it.
They note the account IME.

Online yelped

• View Profile
They note the account IME.
Thank you.

Offline PillanSmye

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
I know. It sounded like he was familiar with these forums though. Not like just saying, oh I know that.

Wow.  I can't believe I'm reading this.  You gave an AMEX employee this specific thread and are then attempting to justify it.

Offline noturbizniss

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
WTF is wrong with you? I'm afraid to even joke because you might run and tell a rep! Sure, this is a public forum, but still this has to win the DUMB ASS MOVE OF DDF HISTORY award!
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline Emkay

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Wrong thread.
Please post here, http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=33898.0.

Online yelped

• View Profile
WTF is wrong with you? I'm afraid to even joke because you might run and tell a rep! Sure, this is a public forum, but still this has to win the DUMB ASS MOVE OF DDF HISTORY award!
Wow.  I can't believe I'm reading this.  You gave an AMEX employee this specific thread and are then attempting to justify it.
OK OK. Will be more careful.