Author Topic: Yesod Yosef  (Read 10983 times)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 29367
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
Re: Yesod Yosef
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »
I can sell you a legit BA for $8000. No work needed.

I think you should go back to "lala" land. Hope you stay out of jail.
See my 5 step program to your left <--

(Real signature under my location)

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Location: The value of a forum such as this one is not in that one can post a question and receive an answer, but in that the question has most likely been asked before, and the answer is available to him that will but only use the search function.
  • Programs: 1. Search on google. 2. Search in the right board of DDF with a general word or two. 3. Read the wiki. 4. Read the thread. 5. Ask away.
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2011, 03:23:04 PM »
If I already have 120 credits, but I don't have a BA (bc the rosh said no :( ) is there a way they can take those credits and make it into a BA without me being there for 6 months?

Unfortunately not. Sorry  :'( same dilemma I was in...

Offline Zeeeeks

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
If I already have 120 credits, but I don't have a BA (bc the rosh said no :( ) is there a way they can take those credits and make it into a BA without me being there for 6 months?
Did you try going to Excelsior directly?

Offline Avid Reader

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Starwood Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star Gold, Marriott Silver, National Executive
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2011, 03:33:55 PM »
Unfortunately not. Sorry  :'( same dilemma I was in...

I believe Excelsior takes up to 30 Yeshiva credits. Other places take more.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2011, 03:34:11 PM »
Did you try going to Excelsior directly?

I tried but most Yeshivas are only accredited through the AARTS, and Excelsior does not accept that many transfer credits. As was mentioned before a degree from most Yeshivas are NOT accepted by all colleges and neither are all of their credits.

Offline jack12

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National Emerald Club Executive Elite, Hertz #1 Club Gold Presidents Circle, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
I heard that Touro College won't accept a TTI/Yesod Yosef/Excelsior BA into their MA program because Touro used to have a monopoly on the frum market, so now that there's competition...

Offline Bh101

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2011, 12:18:58 PM »
The ad on the main site today was for a school called Yesod Yosef. I am personally in attendance to Yesod Yosef this year and I can vouch it truely is an AMAZING program. I am getting a BA in just under 6 months for about $10,000 (which is crazy cheap for a proper college BA). I would love to hear people concerns or questions about this program because I feel this can help so many bochurim in yeshiva get a jump start on their career. Does anyone else know a better faster way to get a BA post here anything you want to disscus in regards to the word which can not be mentioned in most frum communities, "college"  ;)
i received my BS in 16 months and do not believe that its possible to to complete a Bachelors any quicker than that. if you do its all garbage and you cant come out of it knowing anything.....now thats not a hit on your specific system but i cant believe that its as wonderful as your trying to make it sound........and the big question is "whats the catch"     are they going to get messed over soon? will the national educational board come out in 8 months and say that its not accredited ?    will the colleges stop accepting it?

Offline Zeeeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
i received my BS in 16 months and do not believe that its possible to to complete a Bachelors any quicker than that. if you do its all garbage and you cant come out of it knowing anything.....now thats not a hit on your specific system but i cant believe that its as wonderful as your trying to make it sound........and the big question is "whats the catch"     are they going to get messed over soon? will the national educational board come out in 8 months and say that its not accredited ?    will the colleges stop accepting it?
I received my BA in under 10 month from a respectable school...

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »

Considering that these accelerated BA programs factor in credits for years of Yeshiva learning, I don't see why you're saying the students receiving those degrees don't know anything. Many people are getting these degrees to enter MA/MS programs where they'll learn everything they need to.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Bh101

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »
Considering that these accelerated BA programs factor in credits for years of Yeshiva learning, I don't see why you're saying the students receiving those degrees don't know anything. Many people are getting these degrees to enter MA/MS programs where they'll learn everything they need to.
im one of those ppl and 6 months u cant possibly do it

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »

AsherO said it perfectly that A. The subjects that you learn in Yesod Yosef you come out knowing very well. That includes gemara, lashon hakodesh (which is a fascinating course I guarantee no bochur learned in yeshiva), and Jewish history just to list a few. B. Someone who is going into a profession that requires a masters degree, the student will acquire all the skills he needs for that respective job in that school. In regards to there being a catch: Excelsior was founded in 1971 so for a masters program to question the legitimacy of their degree would be a very unlikely, if not unlawful. TTI has a contact with Excelsior ensuring that their program will be a continued one, and that deal is the platform of how Excelsior College works, and has been going on for decades. So to say that " the national educational board come out in 8 months and say that its not accredited" would be very strange.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 01:35:08 PM »
im one of those ppl and 6 months u cant possibly do it

1st of all I would just like to point out that I have no obligation to defend Yesod Yosef its just that there are people such as yourself that find it so hard to believe this program is possible and legit. I had previous credits from Yeshiva and I am receiving my BA in 6 months. So we can go running in circles saying it is possible and you saying its not, or you can come back to me in 2 months and ill show you my degree.

Offline Bh101

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 01:48:40 PM »
hey if it works for u enjoy!!! each to their own! i already have my degree and im currently working on grad school......as i said bfr and i want u to understand that it wasnt a hit on your specific program i just find it hard to believe

Offline Zeeeeks

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 01:55:09 PM »
1st of all I would just like to point out that I have no obligation to defend Yesod Yosef its just that there are people such as yourself that find it so hard to believe this program is possible and legit. I had previous credits from Yeshiva and I am receiving my BA in 6 months. So we can go running in circles saying it is possible and you saying its not, or you can come back to me in 2 months and ill show you my degree.
TTI is great, but there are grad schools that won't except it.

hey if it works for u enjoy!!! each to their own! i already have my degree and im currently working on grad school......as i said bfr and i want u to understand that it wasnt a hit on your specific program i just find it hard to believe
If you do a little research you could find legitimate quick programs.

Offline jj1000

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 02:04:34 PM »
TTI is great, but there are grad schools that won't except it.
If you do a little research you could find legitimate quick programs.

Obviously not everyone accepts TTI credits. It is Excelsior that is accepting them and turning your credits into a Bachelors Degree. As a side note Excelsior said said that they spoke to their legal department, and it is against the law not to accept their degree, and they would sue any university that does not accept their degree.

Offline yosigolb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2011, 09:37:26 PM »
"As a side note Excelsior said said that they spoke to their legal department, and it is against the law not to accept their degree, and they would sue any university that does not accept their degree."

That is actually laugh out loud funny. Not Harvard, not Lincoln Tech, not the University of DansDeals...NO university is forced to accept anyone/any degree. JJ you would come across as a much better advocate for your program if you were a drop less defensive. Chill out. Not every single graduate school is going to accept every guy with a Yesod Yosef/Excelsior degree (duh, I know you didn't say that). Not every yeshiva BTL degree is going to get rejected by grad schools either.  People can earn their accelerated degree, most people here are maskim, enough of this "my college can beat up your college" nonsense!

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 09:40:05 PM »
"As a side note Excelsior said said that they spoke to their legal department, and it is against the law not to accept their degree, and they would sue any university that does not accept their degree."

That is actually laugh out loud funny. Not Harvard, not Lincoln Tech, not the University of DansDeals...NO university is forced to accept anyone/any degree. JJ you would come across as a much better advocate for your program if you were a drop less defensive. Chill out. Not every single graduate school is going to accept every guy with a Yesod Yosef/Excelsior degree (duh, I know you didn't say that). Not every yeshiva BTL degree is going to get rejected by grad schools either.  People can earn their accelerated degree, most people here are maskim, enough of this "my college can beat up your college" nonsense!

Welcome to the forums!

Interesting choice for a first post... (or is this a regular posting from a fresh account?)
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline yosigolb

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »
@Asher LOL I've barely peeked inside the forums before, just was following a discussion from the comments on the front page. I'll probably lie dormant for another 6-12 months and then resurface the next time I'm bored and irked enough....until then.....

Offline Yaalili

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »
@Asher LOL I've barely peeked inside the forums before, just was following a discussion from the comments on the front page. I'll probably lie dormant for another 6-12 months and then resurface the next time I'm bored and irked enough....until then.....

No way, the DD forums is the most entertaining page out there. Once u pop u won't stop :)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2011, 10:28:03 PM »

What I think he meant is that a college can't blanketly say that they do not accept Excelsior students.
Of course they can reject individual students, but they can't reject an accredited degree.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.