Author Topic: Best new card for cheaper Hotel stay in Israel  (Read 4153 times)

Offline Judahhakohain

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Best new card for cheaper Hotel stay in Israel
« on: May 11, 2017, 03:48:28 AM »
Hi.  I wasn't able to jump on the Chase Sapphire 100,000 pt. intro rate so I have not applied for any new card as of yet.  Is there a hotel card that would stand out for a two week trip to Jerusalem?  Hyatt, Hilton, etc?  I'd prefer to not have a ridiculous spending threshold.  Thank you!

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Best new card for cheaper Hotel stay in Israel
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 03:50:13 AM »
You're welcome
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 04:22:11 AM »

Offline Yammer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 05:48:22 AM »
Hi.  I wasn't able to jump on the Chase Sapphire 100,000 pt. intro rate so I have not applied for any new card as of yet.  Is there a hotel card that would stand out for a two week trip to Jerusalem?  Hyatt, Hilton, etc?  I'd prefer to not have a ridiculous spending threshold.  Thank you!
Try here
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=16069.0

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 07:51:38 AM »

You're welcome

Very helpful.
+1

We get it, you're trying to police the forums. Except you're coming across as rude, sarcastic, and insensitive.

Chill out.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline davidmal

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 11:33:08 AM »
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 01:57:41 PM »
+1

We get it, you're trying to police the forums. Except you're coming across as rude, sarcastic, and insensitive.

Chill out.
I don't see you or Emkay offering any advice either....
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 02:00:05 PM »
I don't see you or Emkay offering any advice either....
That's exactly the point. I had nothing nice or constructive to say to OP so I said nothing.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 02:01:24 PM »
That's exactly the point. I had nothing nice or constructive to say to OP so I said nothing.
Really? You know nothing about booking hotel stays with points or signing up for credit cards?

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 02:05:49 PM »
Really? You know nothing about booking hotel stays with points or signing up for credit cards?
Me knowing a little bit about credit cards does not compel me to respond to each and every new thread asking questions about credit cards. And someone opening a new thread  certainly does not compel you to put on your Sheriff Hat and run around sarcastically castigating them for doing so.

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 02:11:37 PM »
Me knowing a little bit about credit cards does not compel me to respond to each and every new thread asking questions about credit cards. And it certainly does not compel you to put on your Sheriff Hat and run around sarcastically castigating people for doing so.
At what point am I allowed to get fed up with the state of the forum that I've put a lot of time and effort into (nowhere near the amount that you and others have put but still)? I actually do respond to a lot of noob questions on here and I usually try to be pretty helpful but when someone opens a thread like this without doing any research and not even giving enough information for someone to give them a good answer then I get a little upset. I do agree that my original response was insensitive and probably not warranted but I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »
At what point am I allowed to get fed up with the state of the forum that I've put a lot of time and effort into (nowhere near the amount that you and others have put but still)? I actually do respond to a lot of noob questions on here and I usually try to be pretty helpful but when someone opens a thread like this without doing any research and not even giving enough information for someone to give them a good answer then I get a little upset. I do agree that my original response was insensitive and probably not warranted but I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.
You've spent a fraction of the amount of time I've spent on here. Eventually you'll realize, like I have, that the threads that aren't unique, are repetitive, or fail to add value will be ignored and get buried under unique, helpful threads.

Just as in capitalism, businesses that offer unique products and add value thrive. The ones that do not are relegated to the dust of history.

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
You've spent a fraction of the amount of time I've spent on here. Eventually you'll realize, like I have, that the threads that aren't unique, are repetitive, or fail to add value will be ignored and get buried under unique, helpful threads.

Just as in capitalism, businesses that offer unique products and add value thrive. The ones that do not are relegated to the dust of history.

lol
thats why I'm a fan of wiki's it stops a lot of the repetition.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2017, 02:34:46 PM »

I know that I'm relatively new here, I mentioned that.
While it may have been the case a while ago that useless threads got ignored and we're buried by useful threads, that isn't true anymore with the number of new threads started either by noobs or for useless amazon deals, you have to scroll through many threads to find the ones that are useful or provide useful information. I'm not blaming any one person but I think many of the "old timers" who had a lot of value to add to this forum have left or don't post much anymore. That's totally their prerogative but don't try to pretend that this forum is the same as it was "back in the day."

Offline Torkay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Best new card for cheaper Hotel stay in Israel
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2017, 02:50:50 PM »
His point was that there's no need to be snarky. One of the most useful threads on these forums is the beginners thread where many ppl spend a lot of time and have a lot of patience for all the noob questions ppl ask. When someone starts an unnecessary thread either simply link them to the appropriate thread or to the beginners thread there's no reason to be nasty we were all noobs once, and I still am one:)

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 02:55:19 PM »
His point was that there's no need to be snarky. One of the most useful threads on these forums is the beginners thread where many ppl spend a lot of time and have a lot of patience for all the noob questions ppl ask. When someone starts an unnecessary thread either simply link them to the appropriate thread or to the beginners thread there's no reason to be nasty we were all noobs once, and I still am one:)
I agree, I already said I shouldn't have posted what I did.

Offline davidmal

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 02:59:34 PM »
too much hate all around ddf today.
I'm taking a vacation
-DMC

Offline Bukboy

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 03:10:45 PM »
@mmgfarb thank you very much for constantly contributing in the Q&A for the beginners thread! Your answers are always to the point and very helpful!

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 03:14:06 PM »
@mmgfarb thank you very much for constantly contributing in the Q&A for the beginners thread! Your answers are always to the point and very helpful!
You're very welcome.

Offline keemster26

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 03:17:42 PM »
too much hate all around ddf today.
I'm taking a vacation
#pay pal my cash cards dead effect