Topic Wiki

UPDATE:
@JoeyShmoe did a great job creating a Chrome Extension and a Firefox Extension to save us all the hassle of setting up a bookmarklet. The extension will place a button on any Amazon product page. When you click the button it will copy a link to your clipboard, which you can paste into any DDF post. The post will then contain the product title, image, and a working link to the product.

Thanks @JoeyShmoe!

NEW OPTION!
Works on mobile or desktop
Telegram Bot | Website

---

For anyone who doesn't want to install a browser extension, read below how to set up the bookmarklet:

Here is a bookmarklet that will make a DD link from any amazon item page, and format it with the title and an image so you can paste it into a DDF post.

Example:

Little Tikes Rocking Horse Magenta ($34.07)

(Not sure what a bookmarklet is? Read more about them in this thread: http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=61269.5.)

Here's how to install the bookmarklet:

1. If you don't currently see a row of bookmarks on the top of your browser, you will need to show the bookmarks bar.
- In Chrome, click the 3 vertical dots at the top right of your screen, click Settings, and click Always Show the Bookmarks Bar.
- In Firefox, click the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of your screen, and click Customize. Then click Show/Hide Toolbars (bottom left of your screen) and check off the Bookmarks Toolbar.

2. Copy the following code. (To do so, click the SELECT button and then press control-c on your keyboard.)
Code: [Select]
javascript: (function() {
    var pattern = new RegExp("(https:\/\/www.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*|(https:\/\/smile.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*", "i"),
        match = location.href.match(pattern),
        image = document.getElementById('landingImage').src;
    var price = "";
    if (document.getElementById('priceblock_dealprice') !== null) {
        price = " (" + document.getElementById('priceblock_dealprice').innerHTML + ")";
    } else if (document.getElementById('priceblock_ourprice') !== null) {
        price = " (" + document.getElementById('priceblock_ourprice').innerHTML + ")";
    }
    var URL = (match[1] !== undefined) ? match[1] + "dp/" + match[3] + "/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER" : match[4] + "dp/" + match[6] + "/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER";
    var result = "[url=" + URL + "]" + document.title + price + "[/url][br][br][url=" + URL + "][img]" + image + "[/img][/url]";
    if (document.execCommand('copy') !== false) {
        var ddLink = document.createElement('span'),
            range = document.createRange();
        ddLink.id = "ddLink";
        ddLink.innerText = result;
        document.body.appendChild(ddLink);
        range.selectNode(document.getElementById('ddLink'));
        window.getSelection().addRange(range);
        document.execCommand('copy');
        document.getElementById('ddLink').remove();
        setTimeout(function() {
            alert('DD link copied to clipboard...')
        }, 1000);
    } else {
        window.prompt("Press control-c", result);
    }
    void(0);
})()

3. To create the bookmarklet, right click on your bookmarks bar and click "Add page" (if you're in Chrome) or "New bookmark" (Firefox).

For the Name, enter whatever you want (eg: Dan Amazon link), and for the URL/Location enter the code above, which you already copied.

4. Click Save (Chrome) or Add (Firefox)

To use the bookmarklet, simply click on the bookmark you created (in step 3) when you are on any amazon product page. Follow the prompts (you may need to press control-c to copy what pops up), and then paste it into any DDF post.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: The code might need a little tweaking, so let me know if you have a link that it doesn't work on. If there are any changes I will update the wiki.
« Last edited by Yo ssi on February 23, 2021, 07:57:42 PM »

Author Topic: Amazon DD Bookmarklet: Have Chrome Make A DDF Friendly Link On Amazon  (Read 351456 times)

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
Re: Amazon DD Bookmarklet: Have Chrome Make A DDF Friendly Link On Amazon
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2018, 08:08:54 AM »
Oh my god, I still don't know how to get the link, am I a fool? Who help me?
Welcome to DDF! Are you using the bookmarklet, or the chrome extension?
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline Longfite

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 26, 2018, 04:44:36 AM »
There is no prompts showing up when doing step 4
and I click Select for the code, could't copy anything

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 26, 2018, 09:41:45 AM »
There is no prompts showing up when doing step 4
and I click Select for the code, could't copy anything
After you click Select, press control-c on your keyboard. Then open up Microsoft Word, or notepad, or a blank email, and press control-v. See if anything gets pasted.

Step 4 will not work if you don't complete Steps 1-3.

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2018, 06:51:38 AM »
Just wanted to give another shout out to @JoeyShmoe and @etech0 for creating this. It makes posting amz deals so much easier then before.

Thanks!
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline yakov116

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2018, 09:02:26 PM »
Just wanted to give another shout out to @JoeyShmoe and @etech0 for creating this. It makes posting amz deals so much easier then before.

Thanks!
Don't forget about @yesitsme he started it all!

http://forums.perpetualtalk.com/lab/amazon.html
Just paste in the link.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:12:52 PM by yakov116 »
Money talks...mine says goodbye!

Offline paige

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Hello Dan
Can you help us to post Amazon deal here? We are seller on Amazon and please reply us if you can to post deals on here, more details we can be chat on personal message or our email address: pevono@163.com
Thanks.
And looking forward to hear from you back.

Paige

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
@JoeyShmoe @etech0
  Any way for me to use this on a laptop/computer, meaning using it on someone else's computer by logging into my Chrome account will it have all my info saved?
 and would I be able to log out which would erase all my information and all my tabs which were loaded because I logged into my account?
  Or this question is more like a Google Chrome question how do you have your tabs applied when browsing on someone else's computer?
Thanks
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• View Profile
You have a few options:
1 (this one is good if you're going to be using their computer on a long term basis): Add a Chrome Profile to their computer, log in to your chrome profile, and it should sync all your extensions and bookmarks and passwords
2: If they don't mind you installing a browser extension, just install the extension, you'll be able to use it and you'll just have to log in to your DDF account to post
3: If they don't want you to install an extension, you can add the bookmarklet instead, use it (you'll still have to log in to your DDF account) and you can easily delete that bookmarklet when you're done if they don't want you to leave it there.

Bear in mind that if you set up a Chrome profile on their computer, they'll be able to access all your saved passwords and bookmarks, and that if you are using their profile, if you tell Chrome to save your password, they'll be able to log in to your account even if you log out when you're done.

Offline JoeyShmoe

• View Profile
You have a few options:
1 (this one is good if you're going to be using their computer on a long term basis): Add a Chrome Profile to their computer, log in to your chrome profile, and it should sync all your extensions and bookmarks and passwords
2: If they don't mind you installing a browser extension, just install the extension, you'll be able to use it and you'll just have to log in to your DDF account to post
3: If they don't want you to install an extension, you can add the bookmarklet instead, use it (you'll still have to log in to your DDF account) and you can easily delete that bookmarklet when you're done if they don't want you to leave it there.

Bear in mind that if you set up a Chrome profile on their computer, they'll be able to access all your saved passwords and bookmarks, and that if you are using their profile, if you tell Chrome to save your password, they'll be able to log in to your account even if you log out when you're done.
+3
DDF A-Z Link Extension
Chrome
Firefox
Info

Offline myi

• View Profile
You have a few options:

Thanks for the timely response,  so it seems the best way for me, would be to add a bookmark on his Chrome page that way to avoid saving all my information into his computer.

Bookmarklet;
  I remember you discussing this back when you posted about it I assume I have to manually input all the information to set it up?
   If you remember where it was discussed here in this thread if you can refer me back to it, thanks a lot.
+3
Thanks for responding as well.

Is there any such options as logging into my Chrome account and have my bookmarks use it and then when I'm finished log out just like I would do with my gmail?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:17:55 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• View Profile
Thanks for the timely response,  so it seems the best way for me, would be to add a bookmark on his Chrome page that way to avoid saving all my information into his computer.

Bookmarklet;
  I remember you discussing this back when you posted about it I assume I have to manually input all the information to set it up?
   If you remember where it was discussed here in this thread if you can refer me back to it, thanks a lot.Thanks for responding as well.

Is there any such options as logging into my Chrome account and have my bookmarks use it and then when I'm finished log out just like I would do with my gmail?
Instructions for setting up the bookmarklet are in the wiki, in the section titled "Here's how to install the bookmarklet:"

It's a few steps but once you've done it a couple of times you'll be able to do it in a flash.

You can delete your chrome profile from that computer but it takes a few minutes to download and sync each time, so it may not be worth your while.

Online etech0

• View Profile
I haven't tried it, but this looks pretty cool
How to Lock Your Google Chrome Profile with a Password

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2018, 12:11:02 PM »
I haven't tried it, but this looks pretty cool
How to Lock Your Google Chrome Profile with a Password
Interesting, got to try that when I get a minute.

It said maybe even passwords, didn't sound so positive that all passwords would be hidden,but I can give it a shot.

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
["-"]

Offline gingyguy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 36
    • View Profile
  • Programs: I don't like to brag
chrome bookmarklet not working for me right now
May you slide down the banister of happiness & get many splinters of success up your career.

Offline myi

• View Profile

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2018, 04:31:32 PM »
Funny, it works with the old version which doesn't take the image:
Amazon.com : Sanpellegrino Blood Orange Sparkling Fruit Beverage, 11.15 fl oz. Cans (24 Count) : Sparkling Juice Drinks : Grocery & Gourmet Food

I wonder what the difference is

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 12, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »
Funny, it works with the old version which doesn't take the image:
Amazon.com : Sanpellegrino Blood Orange Sparkling Fruit Beverage, 11.15 fl oz. Cans (24 Count) : Sparkling Juice Drinks : Grocery & Gourmet Food

I wonder what the difference is
How do i get the old version? or just leave it alone?
 it doesn't include the price neither, which is probably fine as most deals posted need to have the price adjusted due to the coupons and ss savings.

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 12, 2018, 10:12:37 PM »
How do i get the old version? or just leave it alone?
 it doesn't include the price neither, which is probably fine as most deals posted need to have the price adjusted due to the coupons and ss savings.
I think most / all of the old versions are posted somewhere upthread, but this is the code of the one I was using:

javascript:(function(){ var pattern = new RegExp("(https:\/\/www.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*", "i"); var match = location.href.match(pattern); var URL = match[1] + "dp/" + match[3] +"/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"; window.prompt("Press control-c","[url="+URL+"]"+document.title+"[/url]");void(0); })()
You can keep both bookmarklets and use this one when the other one doesn't work. Personally I keep this one as my bookmarklet since I mostly use the chrome extension anyways. If that one ever doesn't work then I use the bookmarklet.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 12, 2018, 11:39:53 PM »
I think most / all of the old versions are posted somewhere upthread, but this is the code of the one I was using:

javascript:(function(){ var pattern = new RegExp("(https:\/\/www.amazon.com\/).*([dg]p\/)(?:product\/)?(..........).*", "i"); var match = location.href.match(pattern); var URL = match[1] + "dp/" + match[3] +"/?tag=cl03f-20&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER"; window.prompt("Press control-c","[url="+URL+"]"+document.title+"[/url]");void(0); })()
You can keep both bookmarklets and use this one when the other one doesn't work. Personally I keep this one as my bookmarklet since I mostly use the chrome extension anyways. If that one ever doesn't work then I use the bookmarklet.
Thanks.