Author Topic: Holiday Inn Ashkelon leaving IHG on August 1  (Read 1261 times)

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Holiday Inn Ashkelon leaving IHG on August 1
« on: May 21, 2017, 02:02:21 PM »
Bad news from IHG in Israel: Holiday Inn Ashkelon is leaving IHG and going independent.  A shame, as it was a bargain at only 10000 points for a reward night and right on the beach.  Paid stays were also reasonable, sometimes as low as $85.

No word yet if they'll be honoring existing reservations.  The email sent out earlier:
http://cp.responder.co.il/upload/4d59f8366da74e0c0ad9a716ef2006fd/images/DGT_73982_Divur_Preda_HolidayIn_biz_2.jpg

Offline shimino1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Inn Ashkelon leaving IHG on August 1
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 02:31:33 PM »
Bad news from IHG in Israel: Holiday Inn Ashkelon is leaving IHG and going independent.  A shame, as it was a bargain at only 10000 points for a reward night and right on the beach.  Paid stays were also reasonable, sometimes as low as $85.

No word yet if they'll be honoring existing reservations.  The email sent out earlier:
http://cp.responder.co.il/upload/4d59f8366da74e0c0ad9a716ef2006fd/images/DGT_73982_Divur_Preda_HolidayIn_biz_2.jpg
Darn! Darn! Darn!
This was my go to gift to all my Israeli friends getting married. "A weekend vacation on me at the luxurious Holiday Inn Ashkelon". I never stayed there myself due to the less than stellar reviews but now I may have to just to see it for myself. They are also in the process of renovations to their super outdated hotel and I was really hoping it would be an available option going forwards. You can't really beat a price of 10k IHG per night with amazing availability even in the middle of August.

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 03:27:35 PM »
Darn! Darn! Darn!
This was my go to gift to all my Israeli friends getting married. "A weekend vacation on me at the luxurious Holiday Inn Ashkelon". I never stayed there myself due to the less than stellar reviews but now I may have to just to see it for myself. They are also in the process of renovations to their super outdated hotel and I was really hoping it would be an available option going forwards. You can't really beat a price of 10k IHG per night with amazing availability even in the middle of August.

I've stayed there countless times and even received fantastic upgrades to the top-floor duplex suite on points!  This is a major, major loss for my family because I live in Ashkelon and the hotel was always such a great (and cheap) base for family visiting from the U.S.

Anyway, be in touch if you end up staying at the hotel!

Offline bendor

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 03:42:47 AM »
Just saw this as I was coming to book an award stay for September :-(
A great loss...