Author Topic: Bora Bora Dreaming at the Conrad Bora Bora - Exploring in 4K  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Bora Bora Dreaming at the Conrad Bora Bora - Exploring in 4K
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 07:46:25 PM »
Was booked into the Lagoon view rooms (of which there are three, they use mostly as daytime/ transition rooms). They're nice rooms but obviously it's great to get upgraded. Its not an automatic upgrade though, and it certainly looks like some 'unfortunate' souls ended up in those rooms (which they actually booked into). Talk on FT is true except as I just mentioned- all the horizon view and garden views are currently under construction, looks like it'll still be a few months until they're done at least. That being said some people had confirmed upgraded due to status prior to arrival, but as our status wasn't officially recognized we got no such confirmed upgrade, so technically we expected the Lagoon view, and they would have been well within their appropriate rules to keep us there. There are only 2 actual beach villas, and those actually are also a possibility as well. They were occupied while we were there, but honestly if you got upgraded to those I would have been fine with it. OWB is *slightly* overrated in my opinion, but there's essentially a 5/~50 chance you end up there. And expect those without any status to be there first.

My recs if OWB is a must
1) Get gold/ diamond status and make sure you book through Hilton
2) Pay to upgrade to OWB for the first night if you're only slightly willing to risk it. Very unlikely they would move you after the first night, but hey they still could.

As far as Moorea, people normally stay there for a couple nights because BOB is too expensive so they do 3 nights Moorea 3 nights BOB, something like that. Huge mistake. Do one place and do it right-go to BOB. I'm not one to sneeze at 1K, I understand some people can't really afford that, and that's fine, but if that's the case I would either get Barclay arrival points to pay for it, sell points for the cost, or delay the trip until you can do it right. I really wouldn't say travel to Moorea is worth it say over OGG or the like. Other option would be MLE with Sheraton - although I haven't personally stayed there so I can't vouch for it. Moorea is nice but none of the hotels would compare with the Conrad BOB-that's an experience you're only going to get in BOB/MLE/KSM and maybe a handful of other places.

At least that's my humble opinion.

Thanks, I appreciate your info.  It wasn't just money pushing me toward Moorea but also wasting the overnight in PPT, what appeared to be a lack of privacy in the OWV's at the Conrad, that numerous people mentioned how great the snorkeling was at the Hilton in Moorea and also that the Conrad gives almost nothing for Diamond amenities.  If Moorea really is like Hawaii though, I'd totally rather have the headache of BOB.  Can you comment on how the OWVs at the Conrad are designed and what to ask for to have the units facing the horizon and not all the other villas in a tight semi-circle?  Looking forward to the rest of your TR and pictures!

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 08:03:15 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate your info.  It wasn't just money pushing me toward Moorea but also wasting the overnight in PPT, what appeared to be a lack of privacy in the OWV's at the Conrad, that numerous people mentioned how great the snorkeling was at the Hilton in Moorea and also that the Conrad gives almost nothing for Diamond amenities.  If Moorea really is like Hawaii though, I'd totally rather have the headache of BOB.  Can you comment on how the OWVs at the Conrad are designed and what to ask for to have the units facing the horizon and not all the other villas in a tight semi-circle?  Looking forward to the rest of your TR and pictures!
I have been in contact with them and you can definitely request a particular OWB, but no guarantees- as a gold its only $145/night to get confirmed into a deluxe OWB beforehand and it shows online on the reservation.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 12:01:45 AM »
I have been in contact with them and you can definitely request a particular OWB, but no guarantees- as a gold its only $145/night to get confirmed into a deluxe OWB beforehand and it shows online on the reservation.

Wow, very reasonable.

Offline moisheyb

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2017, 01:58:59 AM »

From a base room to an OWB is only $145?

Offline shmebeble

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2017, 07:46:12 AM »
From a base room to an OWB is only $145?
Correct, if you book directly with hilton though.  Good luck finding points availability

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2017, 11:21:34 AM »
Correct, if you book directly with hilton though.  Good luck finding points availability

I have literally tried to check almost every single day (including as soon as the calendar opens) and I don't think they are opening even three...I think they have totally blocked it.

Offline a good yeshiva bachur

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 06:19:27 AM »
What happened to the rest of the TR

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »
What happened to the rest of the TR

+1 I'd really love to see the rest of this!

Offline mattsimon

• Non-Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »
i love the pics!!