Author Topic: Best Value for British and United Award Miles  (Read 701 times)

Offline jose34

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Best Value for British and United Award Miles
« on: May 26, 2017, 02:23:57 AM »
Hi,
I have been sitting on some United Mileageplus miles and British Avios for a while and I'm trying to plan a trip from Israel to Italy. Any advice on how I can make use of these  miles in the best possible way either by transferring to partner airlines that fly to Italy or by using them somehow for hotels. Availability out of TLV is always hard with award miles.

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
Re: Best Value for British and United Award Miles
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 03:49:09 AM »
Hi,
I have been sitting on some United Mileageplus miles and British Avios for a while and I'm trying to plan a trip from Israel to Italy. Any advice on how I can make use of these  miles in the best possible way either by transferring to partner airlines that fly to Italy or by using them somehow for hotels. Availability out of TLV is always hard with award miles.

United miles you can't transfer them to a different program, you can book hotels with united miles. Honestly don't think it's a good redemption from your points.
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Offline moe8555

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Re: Best Value for British and United Award Miles
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 04:56:06 AM »
I know BA Avios TLV-Berlin is 10,000 per direction with reasonable surcharges via Air Berlin.  You can fly to Amman, Jordan on Royal Jordanian for only 4500, or 9000 total to connect to Aqaba per direction (if you want a change from Eilat).