Author Topic: getawayfaq.com  (Read 5224 times)

Online Deal Guy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
getawayfaq.com
« on: June 03, 2011, 03:40:17 PM »
Has anyone gotten a free hotel voucher for 3 days and 2 nights from getawayfaq.com
I received it from some company that was giving out this voucher after spending x amount of $'s on their website.

So my question to you all is, has anyone ever heard of this company?
If yes, what are you experiences with them? Are they reliable? Do you need to do a timeshare of sorts? What type of hotel have you gotten. They only give you a number to call for reservatios after you have given them a $50 deposit. Does anyone have that number ?Thanks

Here are their frequently asked questions:

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: The voucher tells me to call first, what do I do?
A: You have to send in the activation with a $50 refundable deposit. Then you will receive a letter back with your activation date and phone number to call and book. You must call us a minimum of 30 days before you want to travel. You will receive a return call within 1 or 2 business days.

Q: Is this a timeshare?
A: We have availability with and without a timeshare presentation. We will advise you of current availability when you call for reservations.

Q: Can I bring kids?
A: Yes, but the room will accommodate 2 adults and 2 children only.

Q: What do I have to pay?
A: You have to pay the taxes on the hotel room and the refundable deposit.

Q: How much are the taxes?
A: The minimum is 10% of the hotel rate.

Q: What hotel is it?
A: It is anywhere from a Holiday Inn to a Choice Hotel or within that price range.

Q: Is airfare included?
A: No, you have to provide your own transportation to the chosen destination.

Q: Can I stay extra nights?
A: You can and that is approximately $99 a night.

Q: What is the $50 for?
A: It is a deposit for the hotel.

Q: When will I get the deposit back?
A: After your check out or if you do not use it within the year. The only time that you do not get it back is if you book and do not check into the hotel or if the certificate has expired. Refunds need to be requested in writing after the hotel stay or at any time during the 1 year period.

Q: Will I know what hotel I am going to when I book it?
A: When you book the hotel you will be sent a package with the information on the hotel and where to check in.

Q: How long do I have to use it?
A: You have a year to use it from the date on the activation letter you will be receiving from us.

Q: How long do I have to send in the deposit?
A: 30 days from the issue date.

Q: What do I do if I don’t know my dates or destination?
A: Just send in your form with your deposit.  When you are ready to reserve your hotel stay, just give us a minimum of 30 days before you want to travel.

Q: Where are the hotels located in relation to the destinations offered?
A: The hotels are in the city you choose or in the surrounding area.  We cannot guarantee that the hotels are in city centers.

getawayfaq.com
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:48:01 PM by Deal Guy »

Offline Side incomer

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: getawayfaq.com
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 03:53:01 PM »
These are mostly restricted in a way that they make sure you are not taking this.
Actually these certificates of 2 days and 3 nights were sold lately at $2 each, I don't remember where I saw it. But it's definitely not worth a lot.
Side income is the most solid income... בדוק ומנוסה