Author Topic: Problem With Sears GC  (Read 916 times)

Offline Iz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Problem With Sears GC
« on: June 04, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »
I hope someone here can advise me on this matter.
I bought a $100 Sears GC from PPDG on Ebay, and proceeded to Kmart to buy an Amazon GC (which has worked for me in the past). The sale did not go through (I'm not sure why), and the manager voided it. I then tried to buy a different GC with it, but the balance was 0. I went from the cashier to the manager, to the super manager, to the super duper manager, and they couldn't (wouldn't?) help me. They called PPDG who said that it could take 3-5 business days for it to be credited back. I also called Sears GCs who told me that they can't do anything about this ("Go back to the store...").
Any suggestions? Thanks.

Offline ben89

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 142
    • View Profile
Re: Problem With Sears GC
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »
That's very annoying. Wish I could help. Does it tell you what the last transactions were? Hope you get it figured out before those stores shut down...

Offline Iz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:49:20 PM »
That's very annoying. Wish I could help. Does it tell you what the last transactions were? Hope you get it figured out before those stores shut down...
Thanks. Yes, but that doesn't really help me.

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 01:08:34 AM »
I hope someone here can advise me on this matter.
I bought a $100 Sears GC from PPDG on Ebay, and proceeded to Kmart to buy an Amazon GC (which has worked for me in the past). The sale did not go through (I'm not sure why), and the manager voided it. I then tried to buy a different GC with it, but the balance was 0. I went from the cashier to the manager, to the super manager, to the super duper manager, and they couldn't (wouldn't?) help me. They called PPDG who said that it could take 3-5 business days for it to be credited back. I also called Sears GCs who told me that they can't do anything about this ("Go back to the store...").
Any suggestions? Thanks.
A real pain.  No suggestions, just a question.  Why would you buy from PPDG instead of a using a 5x card at S&S with the addition of 5x in gas points for the same Sears card?

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 02:23:23 AM »
A real pain.  No suggestions, just a question.  Why would you buy from PPDG instead of a using a 5x card at S&S with the addition of 5x in gas points for the same Sears card?
They were on sale from PPDG and you still get 5x.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy