Author Topic: Advice please! Capitalone 360 and best no fee atm card  (Read 1176 times)

Offline ninjaleh

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Advice please! Capitalone 360 and best no fee atm card
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:19:36 PM »
I'm traveling in Israel and Europe soon. Which would be the best bank to have a checking account with which would provide no foreign transaction surcharges/fees on atm withdrawals?

I did see some chatter here in these forums regarding Capitalone 360 - they appear to have no transaction fee on withdrawals from foreign atms. That does check out as the case when I call their customer service - But I have seen reports online that they issue a Mastercard atm card which charges a 1% fee on the withdrawal. To people who have one, is this the case? Does Capitalone cover that fee?

Any other suggestions on truly fee free checking accounts which require NO minimum balance?

Probably asking a lot here, but if I can get any info, it's probably goign to come from here :-) Thank you.

Offline Emkay

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 35
    • View Profile
Re: Advice please! Capitalone 360 and best no fee atm card
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 12:43:05 PM »
I'm traveling in Israel and Europe soon. Which would be the best bank to have a checking account with which would provide no foreign transaction surcharges/fees on atm withdrawals?

I did see some chatter here in these forums regarding Capitalone 360 - they appear to have no transaction fee on withdrawals from foreign atms. That does check out as the case when I call their customer service - But I have seen reports online that they issue a Mastercard atm card which charges a 1% fee on the withdrawal. To people who have one, is this the case? Does Capitalone cover that fee?

Any other suggestions on truly fee free checking accounts which require NO minimum balance?

Probably asking a lot here, but if I can get any info, it's probably goign to come from here :-) Thank you.
There already is a thread for this but you can try Charles Schwab.

Offline ninjaleh

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Advice please! Capitalone 360 and best no fee atm card
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 12:54:59 PM »
Thank you! I did read the thread you speak of (I think we are talking about the same one) but it is from a little while back and it does not mention the 1% fee that I see other places online...so maybe that is indeed covered by CapitalOne?

Anyhow, I'll check out Schwab too...thanks again!