Author Topic: Southwest incident  (Read 800 times)

Offline jonathanf

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Southwest incident
« on: June 12, 2017, 12:11:55 AM »
Changed my  615 pm flight time last week via the call center at 310 pm for a flight departing fll at 525 pm. The agent on the line for some reason was having difficulty getting us checked in and said to do it at the airport. Got to the airport at 3.45 pm  and was told flight was canceled. There was no way to get back on to my original flight because my seats were given away. After long lines and everything that can possibly go wrong, got stuck in Tampa for the night after missing a connecting flight by 10 min to bwi.  Southwest would not pay for  accommodations  they kept on blaming weather which I agree was bad, however I believe  their agent placed me on a flight that was already canceled!! After doing some research I'm told the flight was canceled at 2.24 pm and was offered only $200 in vouchers >:( After calling again I'm told it was 2.24 pm Central time therefore I was not placed on a canceled flight. How can I determine if the time of 2.24 pm was Eastern or Central time?? Any Ideas
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:41:27 AM by jonathanf »

Offline MeirS

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Southwest incident
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 01:51:44 AM »
Changed my  615 pm flight time last week via the call center at 310 pm for a flight departing fll at 525 pm. The agent on the line for some reason was having difficulty getting us checked in and said to do it at the airport. Got to the airport at 3.45 pm  and was told flight was canceled. There was no way to get back on to my original flight because my seats were given away. After long lines and everything that can possibly go wrong, got stuck in Tampa for the night after missing a connecting flight by 10 min to bwi.  Southwest would not pay for  accommodations  they kept on blaming weather which I agree was bad, however I believe  their agent placed me on a flight that was already canceled!! After doing some research I'm told the flight was canceled at 2.24 pm and was offered only $200 in vouchers >:( After calling again I'm told it was 2.24 pm Central time therefore I was not placed on a canceled flight. How can I determine if the time of 2.24 pm was Eastern or Central time?? Any Ideas
No need to start a new thread but what was the date and what was the flight number?

Offline jonathanf

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:52:27 AM »
Sorry about that it was on 6/7 flight 533 from fll to bwi

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
Should have posted sooner, FlightStats only goes back to the 9th for free:
http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByFlight.do?id=904744624&airlineCode=WN&flightNumber=533

It might pay to buy their $24.99/month account to lookup exactly when it was cancelled and file a DoT complaint if you are correct: https://beta.flightstats.com/historical-flight/subscribe
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline joe_miami

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:25:49 PM »
Seems almost impossible to believe that the OP was rebooked onto an already-canceled flight.