https://www.bethjacobatlanta.org/ -Toco Hills
https://www.congariel.org/ - Dunwoody
https://www.bethtefillah.org/ - Sandy Springs

Updated Kashrus info:
https://kosheratlanta.org/local-info/

Activities & Attractions:

Dairy Restaurants:

Meat Restaurants:
  • Chai Peking - (Chinese) is located inside the Kroger in the Toco Hills Area and is always good eating. - 2205 Lavista Rd, Atlanta, GA 30329 ~ (404) 327-7810 ~ http://www.chaipeking.com/
  • FuegoMundo Wood-Fire Grill - South American restaurant (it is out of this world). Wings are a must (BBQ Wings with Spicy Sauce- mochada)! - 5590 Roswell Rd, Sandy Springs, GA 30342 ~ (404) 256-4330 ~ http://fuegomundo.com/
  • Kosher Atlanta Shawarma & Sandwiches - 2211 Savoy Dr Suit B, Atlanta, GA 30341 ~ http://www.atlantashawarma.com/
  • Toco Grill - Great shawarma, burgers etc. fast food with inside and outside seating. Delivery within 20 miles (includes ATL) - 1658 Lavista Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329 ~ (404) 781-7482 ~ https://www.tocogrill.com/

Supermarkets & Takeout:
https://www.kroger.com/stores/grocery/ga/atlanta/toco-hills/011/00318
[/list]

Vegan Restaurants:

Sweets & Drinks:
  • Brusters Real Ice Cream - Many locations throughout Atlanta.
  • Cinnaholic - 2 locations in Atlanta.
  • QuikTrip - is a "Pilot-Like" gas station where almost all the drinks are kosher. QT is 7-11 on steroids. Most of the flavored coffees are under AKC (Cholov Stam).
  • Sublime Donuts - Delicious gourmet donuts and ice cream in the Toco Hills neighborhood. Open 24/7! - 2566 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30329 ~ (404) 315-6899
A few Krispy Kreme locations have kosher certification.

Author Topic: Atlanta Master Thread  (Read 98222 times)

Offline Shua

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Atlanta Master Thread
« on: June 07, 2011, 12:33:11 AM »
Hi all,
I am going to Atlanta next month for a few days and I couldnt find an Atlanta master therad on this forum. I was wondering besides for the coke factory and the aquarium (both I heard are amazing) is there anything else worthwhile to do there? What about good kosher food?
Thanx.

Offline twentie4hrs

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Atlanta Master Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 08:53:39 PM »
is caribou coffee kosher?
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline twentie4hrs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 08:54:19 PM »
Went to Broadway Cafe (dairy) tonight and it was excellent and the service was amazing.
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline twentie4hrs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 10:50:14 AM »
is caribou coffee kosher?

answer to this is NO

Spent 3 nights at Sheraton Galleria and Suites for 2800 spg points + $45.00
QT  (Quick Trip) is a "Pilot-Like" gas station where almost all the drinks are kosher, esp the Ice Cappuccino, which we got every morning (and taste like the Israel Ice Coffees)
Went to the Aquarium which is expensive but worth every penny.
Went to the Coke Museum and Children's Museum--all great activites
Went out to eat at a new South American restaurant called Fuego Mundo (it is out of this world)..and they have a kids menu.
Chai Peking (chinese) is located inside the Kroger in the Toco Hills Area and is always good eating.
The JCC in Dunwoody has a meat and dairy side and their restaurants are both great.

Suffice it to say, we did not find one place in Atlanta with bad food or something to complain about.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:55:38 AM by twentie4hrs »
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 02:13:59 PM »
answer to this is NO

Spent 3 nights at Sheraton Galleria and Suites for 2800 spg points + $45.00
QT  (Quick Trip) is a "Pilot-Like" gas station where almost all the drinks are kosher, esp the Ice Cappuccino, which we got every morning (and taste like the Israel Ice Coffees)
Went to the Aquarium which is expensive but worth every penny.
Went to the Coke Museum and Children's Museum--all great activites
Went out to eat at a new South American restaurant called Fuego Mundo (it is out of this world)..and they have a kids menu.
Chai Peking (chinese) is located inside the Kroger in the Toco Hills Area and is always good eating.
The JCC in Dunwoody has a meat and dairy side and their restaurants are both great.

Suffice it to say, we did not find one place in Atlanta with bad food or something to complain about.

Wow...almost making me want to check out the ATL. 
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline A3

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
Thanks for this thread. I would like to check out Atl for a weekend.. are there any spg hotels near shuls? TIA

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:39:52 PM »
just booked tickets to go to ATL Sun morn through Tues night. Get in at 8:30am. plan on coke factory or aquarium then head to St Regis hotel used cash and points. there were cheaper options but why not for the price... figure i can have a full day sun then watch the game.. and a full day mon.. and most of the day Tuesday.. is the coca cola factory, and aquarium full day activity's? What else should i plan on doing. Im renting a car, and there is self parking next to St. Regis for $15 a night. not to bad..

What else should I plan on doing? I dont mind driving an hour or so out to do some exciting stuffs.. FYI I will be with a 9.5 Month old.. :)

TIA, Will let you know how it goes

Offline twentie4hrs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 04:42:09 PM »
just booked tickets to go to ATL Sun morn through Tues night. Get in at 8:30am. plan on coke factory or aquarium then head to St Regis hotel used cash and points. there were cheaper options but why not for the price... figure i can have a full day sun then watch the game.. and a full day mon.. and most of the day Tuesday.. is the coca cola factory, and aquarium full day activity's? What else should i plan on doing. Im renting a car, and there is self parking next to St. Regis for $15 a night. not to bad..

What else should I plan on doing? I dont mind driving an hour or so out to do some exciting stuffs.. FYI I will be with a 9.5 Month old.. :)

TIA, Will let you know how it goes

Awesome...you'll have a great time...
There are some shuls near the jewish neighborhoods...it depends which area you want to stay in (toco hills or dun woody e.g.)
The aquarium and coke museum are across the street from each other (just keep that in mind) and the children's museum is about a 1 minute walk from there (parking is about $10 in the garage)
With a 9.5 month old I don't think you will spend all day in the aquarium and coke museum , but possibly.
There is a cool science museum downtown you could check out. We had booked a hotel that had a nice indoor pool, so we went swimming allot.
A penny saved is 1 cent

Offline A3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
Just came back.. Had an Amazing time. From Avis being really nice.. Reserved a full size.. they had about 5 BMW's on the lot, one x3, one x5, and a few sedans.. but those were reserved for chairmen members :(, but as presidents club member I got a Lincoln MKX as a full size car. The St. Regis there was magnificent. God upgraded to a suite as a gold member. I wish I can write up a report about the hotel. From a tv in the mirror in the bathroom,  to no coffee makers in the room, or ice machines to be found. If you need anything you have to call the butler and they bring it over complimentary.
The restaurants were nice. We really had an amazing short trip. Just really enjoyed the city of Atlanta. Anyone know of any jobs there ;) lol..

Anyways Thanks for this thread, and 9k BA miles round trip we had a really nice time, we got in Sun morn and left Tue night. I think that was just enough time.

Offline smurf

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 03:23:16 PM »
Anybody know about chabad israeli center of atlanta
http://www.cicatlanta.com/

I'm having a bar mitzva there next week and was wondering if anyone had any info on the kashrus there and any info about nearby hotels?

Offline mochada

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 11:29:53 AM »
If anyone wants info on ATL or places to stay for shabbos, let me know.  I know it's not a hot spot but putting it out there!

Offline aarony

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 01:11:59 PM »
Would like to know where to stay for a Shabbos. Was thinking of doing a trip and staying at the st Regis during the week

Offline mercaz1

• View Profile
Atlanta
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »
does anyone have any advice of what there is to do in Atlanta on a Sunday.
also any cheap places to stay at on the way down if you drive there that anyone reccommend?

Offline mochada

• View Profile
Re: Atlanta
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »
does anyone have any advice of what there is to do in Atlanta on a Sunday.
also any cheap places to stay at on the way down if you drive there that anyone reccommend?

CNN Center, Atlanta Aquarium, Coke Museum, Millenium Park, Stone Mountain

Offline Blazer

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 10:18:29 AM »
I will be in Atlanta for 3 days staying at the Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway Hotel, does anyone know of any shuls near the airport.
Thanks

Offline CholentTheTraveler

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, United, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
SPG- Atlanta
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 08:29:05 PM »
I am heading out of country and have a day/night in Atlanta to rest before a long haul flight. What hotel do you guys recommend for 2 adults and a kid (just over 1). Points are not an issue as I have enough. Don't mind close to the airport or closer to the Jewish food (will be renting a car for the day).

TIA

Offline Hudi

• View Profile
Re: SPG- Atlanta
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 09:17:06 PM »
There are a ton of SPG choices in ATL. For Kosher food and free parking try one of the perimeter hotels (Sheraton, Westin) the new Le Meredian perimeter has a parking charge IIRC. Downtown, Midtown and Buckhead all have parking fees.

You gotta check out this new restaurant fuego mundo

Offline CholentTheTraveler

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Delta Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, United, Hertz Gold, SPG Gold
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »
Thanks for the advice. Any specific hotel you would recommend over the others? I did a random search and the 4 hotels I picked were all pretty cheap but don't mind splashing ore if it is worth it.

Good kashrus at that place?

Offline Hudi

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 09:47:02 PM »
It really depends on what you like. If attractions like the coke museum, aquarium are important choose the W downtown or Sheraton Atlanta. For shopping Le Meridian, W or Westin Buckhead. Don't stay at the W Midtown. Personally I like the Sheraton Perimeter for its proximity to Kosher and free parking plus it's a great hotel.

FYI Downtown is the closest area to the airport.

Offline mochada

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 11:03:03 PM »

You gotta check out this new restaurant fuego mundo

+100... Been there many times.