Author Topic: RV travel and saying kaddish  (Read 1001 times)

Offline crunch

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
RV travel and saying kaddish
« on: June 15, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »
My Mother-in-Law, a"h, passed away just after we purchased a tow-along RV.  For the next year, our travel will be governed by the need for a minyan.  Are there any recommendations for places with RV hookups that are minyan-accessible (3x daily no "maybe" minyans) and also that have doable stopovers on the way where my husband can get a minyan. Any suggestions for destinations?  Thanks in advance.

Offline SSLPhD

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: RV travel and saying kaddish
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:32:16 PM »
My Mother-in-Law, a"h, passed away just after we purchased a tow-along RV.  For the next year, our travel will be governed by the need for a minyan.  Are there any recommendations for places with RV hookups that are minyan-accessible (3x daily no "maybe" minyans) and also that have doable stopovers on the way where my husband can get a minyan. Any suggestions for destinations?  Thanks in advance.
How far are you willing to travel from the campground to the minyan?  Are you full-timing?  You'll have to stay near major cities with large jewish populations in order to be guaranteed minyanim three times daily.  The good news is that these usually have campgrounds not too far away.  EVEN Brooklyn has a campground in Floyd Bennett Field, but no hookups, IIRC.  Showers available during peak season.  Not very far from many minyanim.  There are many other campgrounds on the East Coast.  I wouldn't go out west, because too far between frum communities to guarantee minyan if you don't stay in one spot, like near Denver, Phoenix, or L.A.

There is a motorhomes thread in the On the Road board.  If you have things to share, please do so.  Also, Motorhome/Trailer Life magazines have a lot of great information.
44/50, 46/63