Topic Wiki

Click Here to get more details on this card and compare to other cards!

Application Status:

American Express:
http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Bank of America:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US
Note, status page shows your appIDs, which you can reference when calling recon.

Barclay's:
Business
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/cas/applications/search?PARTNERID=BUSINESS
Personal
http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/barclays
Business lending: 866-408-4064

Chase:
Chase: 800-432-3117 (Application status)  Dial:  # > 4 > 1 > SSN
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application reconsideration)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Business card reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst reconsideration)
Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Office)
Chase: 888-298-5623 (Credit Reallocation - Consumer)
Chase: 800-453-9719 (Credit Reallocation - Business)

Citi:
https://www.accountonline.com/cards/acq/CardApplicationStatus.do

888-201-4523
You will need your appID, can be found in the source code of the page you arrive at after you submit your application, get the source code asap because those confirmation pages tend to timeout/redirect.

BoA:
https://secure.bankofamerica.com/apply-credit-cards/public/application-status/
Credit Department:1-866-695-6598
Reconsideration Department:1-888-503-6091

Discover:
https://www.discovercard.com/checkstatus/

US Bank:
800-947-1444 option 1
Then: 1 for consumer, 2 for business.
Automated app status only works if you have one application, if you have a 2/3bm with US bank, the system will say they can't find your app and transfer you to a CSR.
« Last edited by jose34 on February 20, 2024, 09:02:23 PM »

Author Topic: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's: Your Support Keeps This Site Running!  (Read 3525515 times)

Offline leeboy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Credit Card Links And FAQ's.
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 01:17:22 PM »
I had signed up for the 50k bonus and then made them meshugah till I got the extra 50K, cancelled card and did it again!!

Offline easy48

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 02:32:57 PM »
I need some help in the game.  I have been playing for a lil while and here is where Im at and what I need.

I signed up for:
- AA 100k offer in December 2010- spent the money and got the mileage.
- BA 100k offer- spent the money and got the mileage
- Amex Plat 100k- spent the money and got the mileage and so much more with lounges and resort credits on stays of vacation.  Woohoo! (Opened for my wife and same result as well.)
- Amex Gold 50k- spent the money and got the mileage.  (opened for wife and same result)
All these cards still remain open.

Then, most recently i applied for the Hyatt, 2 chase cards and my credit score went down with the applications and I was denied all three cards.  I called 2x and they told me both times that I had too many pulls in the last 6 months.  I tried to negotiate to cancel other cards or to switch balances...no avail on either.

Am I supposed to wait now for 3 months or should I keep trying?  When do I cancel the ones open?
Some advice for me on any of these issues?  I need more points :)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
I need some help in the game.  I have been playing for a lil while and here is where Im at and what I need.

I signed up for:
- AA 100k offer in December 2010- spent the money and got the mileage.
- BA 100k offer- spent the money and got the mileage
- Amex Plat 100k- spent the money and got the mileage and so much more with lounges and resort credits on stays of vacation.  Woohoo! (Opened for my wife and same result as well.)
- Amex Gold 50k- spent the money and got the mileage.  (opened for wife and same result)
All these cards still remain open.

Then, most recently i applied for the Hyatt, 2 chase cards and my credit score went down with the applications and I was denied all three cards.  I called 2x and they told me both times that I had too many pulls in the last 6 months.  I tried to negotiate to cancel other cards or to switch balances...no avail on either.

Am I supposed to wait now for 3 months or should I keep trying?  When do I cancel the ones open?
Some advice for me on any of these issues?  I need more points :)

What bureaus are your pulls with (breakdown please)? Perhaps you should consider a credit freeze (do a search in the CC forum and read about it).
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 02:39:15 PM »
I read about that.  I dont know which one they pull from.   I monitor on MYFico so I dont know all the bureaus used bec it only gives me one bureau.  How do I check that?  Also, how long should I freeze it for?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 02:42:18 PM »
I read about that.  I dont know which one they pull from.   I monitor on MYFico so I dont know all the bureaus used bec it only gives me one bureau.  How do I check that?  Also, how long should I freeze it for?

Use identity monitor (again, a search in the CC forum will give you all the details), just don't forget to cancel within 30 days. Freeze for as little or as long as you want.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2011, 02:45:14 PM »
and what about cancelling the ones open?  should I cancel them all and not worry about the credit score consequences?  what do you do generally?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
and what about cancelling the ones open?  should I cancel them all and not worry about the credit score consequences?  what do you do generally?

No need to cancel any. You can use them as leverage when you apply, offering to close a current card in order to get approved for a new one. If you haven't tried that yet with your recent Hyatt app, you should.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »
I tried applying for those already.  Does that preclude me from applying again?  Or do i have to wait til i freeze the credit reports?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2011, 03:11:17 PM »
I tried applying for those already.  Does that preclude me from applying again?  Or do i have to wait til i freeze the credit reports?

Either you didn't read those threads, or you're obtuse, time for some spoon-feeding.

If you didn't try offering to close your previous Chase cards to get one of the recent apps approved, then you should. If that doesn't work, you should considering freezing one/two of your credit reports. Sign up for identity monitor and you'll know which banks pulled which reports. Freeze the report(s) with the most recent inquiries/pulls, and wait 30 days since your recent Chase applications, then you can apply for Chase and you're more likely to be approved.

Offline leeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2011, 03:16:27 PM »
No need to cancel any. You can use them as leverage when you apply, offering to close a current card in order to get approved for a new one. If you haven't tried that yet with your recent Hyatt app, you should.

How come chase made hard pills on both experian and equifax but not transunion?I have 10 pulls on Equifax since Feb last year, 7 on experian since Jan 2010 and only 2 on transunion the first ever on Oct 2010.
Amex only used Experian does freezing work for amex as well?
Any ideas of how I could get more miles/points?

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2011, 03:16:47 PM »
Either you didn't read those threads, or you're obtuse, time for some spoon-feeding.

If you didn't try offering to close your previous Chase cards to get one of the recent apps approved, then you should. If that doesn't work, you should considering freezing one/two of your credit reports. Sign up for identity monitor and you'll know which banks pulled which reports. Freeze the report(s) with the most recent inquiries/pulls, and wait 30 days since your recent Chase applications, then you can apply for Chase and you're more likely to be approved.
also if u tell us where u live we will have a better idea of where ur pulls come from

Offline leeboy

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2011, 03:52:57 PM »
also if u tell us where u live we will have a better idea of where ur pulls come from

Florida

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »

Los Angeles

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2011, 04:00:24 PM »

Sorry, Not trying to be obtuse- I am simply and clearly not as experienced at the game as you are apparently.  But, dont worry, with your help and the forum I will get there slowly.  Either way, thanks for the spoon feed.

I signed up for ID Monitor.  I dont see where to tell which agency they pulled from.  It just says the name of who pulled, date and the loan type.  How do I find out the specific bureau used?

Thanks

Offline myb821

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2011, 04:03:46 PM »
Sorry, Not trying to be obtuse- I am simply and clearly not as experienced at the game as you are apparently.  But, dont worry, with your help and the forum I will get there slowly.  Either way, thanks for the spoon feed.

I signed up for ID Monitor.  I dont see where to tell which agency they pulled from.  It just says the name of who pulled, date and the loan type.  How do I find out the specific bureau used?

Thanks
did u click on the link on the top left that says get 3 bureau report

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2011, 04:03:53 PM »

Thanks
You need to click for the 3 in 1 report (it's free), on the left sidebar after you log in.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
You need to click for the 3 in 1 report (it's free), on the left sidebar after you log in.

Ok now were talking.  So clearly Experian has been hit the most times and Transunion the less times and Equifax the least.  So I guess I should freeze Experian and force the next inquiry to one of the latter 2.  Right?  Is there a wait time from time of freeze to application?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2011, 04:11:37 PM »
Ok now were talking.  So clearly Experian has been hit the most times and Transunion the less times and Equifax the least.  So I guess I should freeze Experian and force the next inquiry to one of the latter 2.  Right?  Is there a wait time from time of freeze to application?

Why not freeze both Experian and TU? Experian told me 15 minutes until the freeze is on my report, YMMV.

Offline easy48

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »
Ok, so I will be freezing those 2 bureaus.  Now in your experience does that result in the applications then going directly to the remaining bureau or will i have to then call and do some explaining?
Also, I remember recently reading on the DDF's about someone who tried to do that and AMEX asked them for the PIN to unfreeze or they would not grant the application.  Thoughts?  Or is it a YMMV type of thing?

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2011, 05:57:44 PM »
Ok, so I will be freezing those 2 bureaus.  Now in your experience does that result in the applications then going directly to the remaining bureau or will i have to then call and do some explaining?
Also, I remember recently reading on the DDF's about someone who tried to do that and AMEX asked them for the PIN to unfreeze or they would not grant the application.  Thoughts?  Or is it a YMMV type of thing?

Won't work with Amex, we were talking about Chase. It might happen automatically, it might not, YMMV.