Author Topic: Block Access To Gmail But Allow G-Suite  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Alexsei

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Travel & Kivrei Zadikim
  • Programs: COVID-23
Block Access To Gmail But Allow G-Suite
« on: July 11, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »
Hi,
Trying to somehow block gmail but allow corporate g-suite on employee pc's, something is explained here https://support.google.com/a/answer/1668854?hl=en but it seems to advanced for me
Jews ≠ Zionists
Palestinians ≠ Hamas
Satmar ≠ SatmarHQ

Offline Saulius

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Block Access To Gmail But Allow G-Suite
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »
Hi,
Trying to somehow block gmail but allow corporate g-suite on employee pc's, something is explained here https://support.google.com/a/answer/1668854?hl=en but it seems to advanced for me

You would need to install a web proxy server on your network and configure a network policy, that all outgoing traffic to gmail.com would only be allowed from that proxy. The proxy will intercept the web requests and add a header that will enforce the policy. If you would need further help, PM me, and I can explain/help further. There are open-source solutions like squid or Nginx which would allow you to easily implement this.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 11:28:32 AM »
It seems pretty simple in G-suite admin to create an organization for these users you want to block, and set "Turn on Gmail for selected organizations" to off for the organization you created.

Admin.google.com > Apps > G-suite > scroll down to Gmail (default is "On for everyone") > settings (dots at far right)
"
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Aerial Dag

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 09:28:05 PM »
It seems pretty simple in G-suite admin to create an organization for these users you want to block, and set "Turn on Gmail for selected organizations" to off for the organization you created.

Admin.google.com > Apps > G-suite > scroll down to Gmail (default is "On for everyone") > settings (dots at far right)
"
OP is talking about allowing gmail in gsuite but not allowing users to access their personal gmail accounts. What you're talking about is just turning off gmail for gsuite.