Author Topic: Motorhome Adventures in the Pacific Northwest, by PBaruch (2017)  (Read 8948 times)

Offline PBaruch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
After my little one ended up in the ER during last summer's RV trip through Utah and Arizona as a result of the desert heat (http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=64756.0), we decided to take an RV trip through cooler locales this summer (2017).  DW selected Washington State and we settled on a 12 day itinerary with stops in Olympic National Park, Mt. St. Helens "National Volcanic Monument" (it is not administered by the National Park Service), and Mt. Rainier National Park.  We also had a day in the Seattle area at the end of our trip.  For the first night of our trip we stayed at the Westin in Seattle (12k SPG) and for Shabbos we stayed at the DoubleTree Hilton in Olympia for 40k HH per night paid (received from one Hilton credit card signup bonus).  We were told that there were no hotels near a shul in the Olympia area and we did not feel comfortable with several offered home stays for multiple reasons.  We chose not to stay in the RV over Shabbos for practical and halachic reasons.  Here was our itinerary:

1.             Westin, Seattle

2 - 5.       Olympic NP, Sol Duc Hotsprings Campground and Kalaloch Campground (national park)

6 - 7.       Hilton Doubletree, Olympia for Shabbos.

8.             Mt. St. Helens,  Longview North/Mt. St. Helens KOA Campground (private)

9-10.       Mt. Rainier NP, Gateway Inn Campground (private) and Ohanapecosh Campground (national park)

11.           Dash Point State Park Campground, Tacoma (state)

A couple weeks before we left, I received an e-mail informing me that if the Washington state legislature did not pass a budget, the state would shut down beginning July 1.  State parks would be closed which, luckily for us, only affected our last night.  We were given the opportunity to rebook elsewhere without penalty, but figured we could camp out in a WalMart parking lot if necessary, so we kept our reservation.  (Remember when the federal government shut down in 2013, and kicked everyone out of the National Parks?)

JFK-SEA by P Bryan, on Flickr

We arrived in Seattle on a Sunday and rented a car from Enterprise.  After some research, I discovered that Enterprise had a location 1.5 miles away from where we needed to pick up our RV from Apollo Motorhomes in Fife (http://www.apollorv.com/).  As a result, I was able to reserve a one way rental from the airport to their Fife location outside of Seattle.  We stayed Sunday night at the Seattle Westin as Apollo was not open on Sunday.  DW didn't want to stay at a nicer hotel because she didn't want us all to get too comfortable and linger in the hotel.  The Westin was acceptable for the night but, as usual, they nickel and dime you for everything.  A refrigerator was $10.00 extra per day (but ice was free so we purchased a cheap cooler) and parking was $45.00 per day.  There were cheaper parking options, including an open parking lot across the street but there were quite a few unsavory characters hanging around and I did not feel secure leaving the car in an open lot overnight.  Also, I heard a story from another guest who said his car had been broken into when parked at an outside lot.

That evening we drove over to Pabla Indian Cuisine (http://pablacuisine.com/mainsite/index.html) in Renton, for dinner.  A family friend had recently married a girl from India, and she made some recommendations, so we weren't totally clueless.  We ordered four dishes to share:  Mixed Vegetable Pakoras, Aloo Tiki, Channa Batura, and Paneer Tikka Masala.  (Click on images for descriptions.)  When we ordered, they asked "mild, medium, or spicy," and we went with mild, but some of it (especially the Aloo Tiki), was still quite spicy.  We had some Mango Lassi to help cool off the spiciness.  All of us very much enjoyed our meal except for my little guy who wouldn't touch anything.

Paneer Tikka Masala @ Pabla Indian Cuisine, Renton, Washington State, USA by P Bryan, on Flickr

Vegetable Pakoras with mint and tamarind chutneys @ Pabla Indian Cuisine, Renton, Washington State, USA by P Bryan, on Flickr

Aloo Tiki @ Pabla Indian Cuisine, Renton, Washington State, USA. by P Bryan, on Flickr

Channa Batura @ Pabla Indian Cuisine, Renton, Washington State, USA. by P Bryan, on Flickr

On Monday morning we walked over to Pike Place Market to the very first Starbucks location.  We were originally intending on going inside to order something but the line spilled out into the street (as is usual) so we headed back to the Westin to check out before heading over to Apollo.  This, of course, is when we realized that we had left our 4th Grade National Parks pass at home, so we quickly printed out a new voucher at the FedEx in the Westin lobby.  Cost: ~$4.  Savings: ~$60.

Seattle to Fife by P Bryan, on Flickr

After checking in with Apollo, I drove 1.5 miles to return the rental car to Enterprise.  An Enterprise employee then shuttled me back to Apollo.  For this trip we settled on the smallest motorhome offered by Apollo.  While we enjoyed the 31 foot motorhome we rented last year for our Utah and Arizona trip, it is very difficult to maneuver in city driving, parking lots, and on switchback mountain roads.  We were given a 2018 Class C Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R, which is 23'10'' long.  The RV had less than 10k miles on it and was virtually new.  It was equipped with a large bed over the front cab, a U shaped dinette which converts to a bed (although we did not use it as a bed), and a double bed in the rear.  It was also equipped with a refrigerator and freezer that were larger, surprisingly, than the one in the 31 foot motorhome we rented last year.  Our two girls shared the bed over the front cab while DW, my little one, and I slept in the double bed in the rear.  I found the quality of the Winnebago to be far superior to that of the Coachman that we rented last year, although it still had its share of problems.  For example, the door latch had a problem locking and once, while driving, the door swung wide open.  We also felt it was missing one important safety feature:  a safety net for the cabover bunk that the Coachman was equipped with.

22R Floorplan by P Bryan, on Flickr

Photographs of the RV:

DSC_1829 by P Bryan, on Flickr

IMG_20170706_110524 by P Bryan, on Flickr

IMG_20170706_110530 by P Bryan, on Flickr

IMG_20170706_110537 by P Bryan, on Flickr

After picking up the RV, we headed to Sol Duc Hot Springs, where we had reserved a space in the campground for two nights.

Fife to Sol Duc by P Bryan, on Flickr

As you can see in the map, we crossed the Tacoma Narrows Bridge.  Two things worth noting about this bridge:  (i) You only pay the (cashless) toll eastbound and since we crossed it westbound, and returned from a different direction, we did not pay the toll;  (ii) What happened to the first bridge at that location:

Information about Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort can be found here:

http://www.olympicnationalparks.com/lodging/sol-duc-hot-springs-resort/

Information about the Sol Duc RV Campground where we stayed can be found here:

http://www.olympicnationalparks.com/rv-camping/sol-duc-hot-springs-rv-campground/

The campground offers electrical and water hookups but no sewer hookup.  Other than the location, there really wasn't anything special about this particular campground.  The RV spots were right next to each other and we had a wooded area behind the RV containing a fire pit and table with benches.  At the campground, we saw a Tesla Model X towing an Airstream Trailer.  The owner of the Tesla plugged it into the electrical outlet at the campground:

IMG-20170626-WA0009 by P Bryan, on Flickr

From their website: Sol Duc Hot Springs Resort offers three Mineral Hot Spring soaking pools and one Freshwater Pool. The spring water comes from rain and melting snow, which seeps through cracks in the sedimentary rocks where it mingles with gasses coming from cooling volcanic rocks. The mineralized spring waters then rise to the surface along a larger crack or fissure.  The mineral pools vary in temperature from 99 to 104 degrees.  Information about the pools can be found here:

http://www.olympicnationalparks.com/things-to-do/mineral-hot-springs-pool-at-sol-duc-hot-springs-resort/

Since we arrived somewhat late in the day (it took hours of waiting at Apollo for our turn and then to get all the paperwork done and be off), we grilled hot dogs, relaxed, and went to bed.

The following day we all hiked to Sol Duc Falls.

DSC_1875 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC 1878 Sol Duc by P Bryan, on Flickr

Panoramic Photograph of Sol Duc Falls:

PANO_20170627_121437.Sol Duc by P Bryan, on Flickr

Tiny hands holding tiny cones:

DSC_1934 holding tiny cones by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_1941 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then hiked the nearby Ancient Groves Nature Trail:

DSC_1967 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_1953 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Afterwards, we soaked at the hot springs.

On the morning of our second day at Sol Duc, we headed over to the Hoh Rain Forest.

Sol Duc to Hoh Rain Forest by P Bryan, on Flickr

We walked through the Hoh Rain Forest Hall of Mosses, which is draped with magnificent moss.  Photographs:

DSC_2051 Hoh Rain Forest by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2235 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2077 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2090 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2109 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2198 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2144 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2243 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Afterwards, we continued on to where we would spend the next two nights - Kalaloch Campground on the pacific coast of Olympic National Park. 

Hoh to Kalaloch by P Bryan, on Flickr

Although we had selected a campsite right near the beach, our view of the ocean was completely obstructed by shrubs, while other sites adjacent to the beach had magnificent ocean views.  Unfortunately, we didn't realize that what we wanted was a site labeled "Oceanfront," and just chose one that seemed to be along the beach.

DSC_2428 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Also, Kalaloch had no hookups.  They did, however, have a spot to refill the RV water tank (free) and to dump your waste ($10 fee).  When I went to dump the waste tanks I hadn't realized that the numbskull at Apollo, who was demonstrating how to do it, left the black tank handle in a slightly open position.  As a result, when I went to dump the waste, I was graced with a splash of raw sewage on my wrist and shirt - feh!

Further, when we turned on the generator to power the microwave and electrical outlets (the only other way to power the outlets and the microwave without connecting to an electrical hookup), I discovered that they were not working.  We read the RV manual which mentioned a circuit breaker but we didn't know where it was located and we didn't have any cell phone reception to call Apollo to figure out the problem.  When we were finally able to call Apollo the following day, we were instructed to take off the front cover from the generator (located on the side of the RV behind a flip up compartment door) and flip the circuit breaker switch to the "on" position.  Since the circuit breaker switch was already in the "on" position, I toggled it off and on and then finally everything worked.  For my troubles, Apollo agreed to refund $25 of the $50 fee we paid for unlimited use of the generator during our trip.

After checking in at the campground, we drove over to Ruby Beach in the hopes of viewing sunset over the pacific ocean with the sea stacks in the background.  However, since it was quite foggy, we were not able to view the sunset.  Nevertheless, we all still had a lot of fun exploring the beach.

Photographs at Ruby Beach:

DSC_2253 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2256 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2265 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2289 by P Bryan, on Flickr

If you think the kids look cold in those photos, our big one (then small) was wearing a winter coat last time we were at Ruby Beach, almost 11 years earlier.  Here are a couple of photographs taken then, when we were able to view the setting sun:

DSC_0122 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_0123 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then returned to the campground, made a BBQ over a wood fire, and called it a night.  On the following day we drove to the nearby town of Forks to do laundry.  Apparently there were no laundry facilities in the Kalaloch area.  While in Forks, DW and the kids visited the Forks Timber Museum.  Since I wasn't interested in viewing a vintage collection of chain saws or suspenders, I decided to sit this one out and wait by the RV.  It cost $3 per adult, and the kiddos got to do a scavenger hunt for things like roller skates and chickens.  They were rewarded with sticker booklets.  The four of them were the only visitors at the time, and probably the only visitors that day.

Photographs taken at the Forks Timber Museum:

DSC_2311 by P Bryan, on Flickr

IMG_9034 by P Bryan, on Flickr

IMG_9010 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then drove back to the coast and visited the aptly named "Beach 1."

DSC_2394 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2393 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Photographs taken at Beach 1:

DSC_2314 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2335 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2351 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2362 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Flower growing near Beach 1:

DSC_2372 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We hiked the Spruce Burl Nature Trail:

DSC_2378 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2386 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then visited Beach 3:

DSC_2396 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2401 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2403 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2425 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Afterwards, we returned to Kalaloch Campground and made a BBQ:  sausage, eggs, baked beans, and fresh grilled corn.

DSC_2431 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We wanted to return to Ruby Beach for sunset after our BBQ but the cloudy weather again obscured the setting sun.  The next morning we visited the beach adjacent to the campground:

DSC_2452 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then made our way to the DoubleTree Hilton in Olympia.  We chose Olympia for Shabbos because it was the closest city en route to our next destination that had a Chabad.

Kalaloch to Olympia by P Bryan, on Flickr

While driving along the way, DW called the Chabad Rabbi to inquire if they received the food that we had ordered from Seattle for Shabbos.  Apparently, the way it works is that everyone in Olympia orders food from Seattle and it is delivered once a week - on Wednesday - and left outside the Chabad house for each person to pick up.  Although DW had spoken with the rabbi multiple times and discussed having someone bring our food inside and refrigerating it for two days, there was some sort of "miscommunication," and the food was left outside.  Luckily for us, Trader Joe's in Olympia sold kosher meat and chicken and we were able to buy what we needed for Shabbos and for the following week.  I should have figured that something was up with the dude when he asked me to run Shabbos services at the Chabad House that Shabbos as he was going to be away.

The Hilton was a nice hotel and there was a marina and park with a playground across the street.  Luckily, the parking lot was fairly empty when we arrived and I found the perfect spot to park our RV with space for the rear overhang:

IMG_20170630_192619 RV by P Bryan, on Flickr

DW threw some chicken into the crockpot that we had brought along, and then had four hours to go swimming with the kids (in an otherwise empty pool) while it cooked.  Luckily for us, candle lighting was at 8:52 p.m.  I relaxed for a bit and then made a fried potato kugel in a pot on an electric burner.  The chicken was swapped out for cholent right before Shabbos:

The kugel tastes much better than it looks. IMG_20170630_184206 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Little did we know that while we were eating Shabbos dinner, lawmakers were hard at work mere blocks away, scrambling to pass a budget before the deadline.

On Sunday morning we made our way to Mt. St. Helens National Volcanic Monument:

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Olympia to Mt St Helens Forest Learning   Google Maps by P Bryan, on Flickr

We first stopped by the Mt. St. Helens Forest Learning Center where we viewed videos of the 1980 eruption and resulting devastation and we saw various forest related exhibits:

DSC_2482 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2479 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2477 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then stopped off at various overlooks and the Johnston Ridge Observatory to view the volcano:

DSC_2552 by P Bryan, on Flickr

For the evening, we settled in at the Longview North/Mt. St. Helens KOA Campground.  The campground wasn't anything special but there were full hookups, and a (24-hr) laundry room, which we needed once more.

In the morning, we made our way to Mt. Rainier National Park:

Longview North   Mount St Helens KOA to Mount Rainier Visitor Center   Google Maps by P Bryan, on Flickr

Although visible from Seattle, the true scale of Mt. Rainier's majesty and beauty is obscured by haze and distance until you draw close to the mountain, which towers above all others in the area.  As we arrived at Mt. Rainier, there was much snow all over and the kids immediately jumped out to play in it.   We then hiked the Nisqually Vista Trail, which normally has a paved trail.  However, when we were there the trail was almost completely covered by snow.  We met a bunch of people who couldn't find the trail and had to turn back.  This could have been due to various selfish individuals taking the tape-wrapped bamboo sticks, placed in the snow by park rangers, to mark the trail.  We even saw one of these idiots hiking with a trail marker.  Luckily, even without the trail markers, we were able to find the trail and complete the hike.  It might not have been the smartest thing to do with a 3 year old in tow, as we were slipping and sliding all over (including in areas with steep overhangs), but in the end it was well worth it.  The kids had a lot of fun playing and hiking in the snow and how often does one have a chance to hike in snow in 60-70 degree weather!  The only downside to all this snow was that there weren't any wildflowers in the meadows.  There were, however, many wildflowers in bloom by the sides of the road.  (The photograph I had visualized was of a meadow filled with wildflowers in the foreground and Mt. Rainier bringing up the rear).  We were told that the wildflowers would appear in about 2-3 weeks.

PANO_20170703_175746 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2687 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2676 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We stopped off at the bridge over the Nisqually River to view the Nisqually Glacier and the origin of the Nisqually River:

DSC_2711_HDR by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2737 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then headed to the campground where we would be staying the night - Gateway Inn - located right outside the park entrance.  The campground was eerily empty except for the permanently moored Airstream Trailer (with a refrigerator sitting outside) and a bunch of hillbillies living in a truck camper (that was not mounted on a truck but sitting on the ground). 

PANO_20170704_091454 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We had originally wanted to stay at the nearby Mounthaven Resort Campground but they required a two night commitment and we would only be staying one night.  Since we had already prepaid the night, we buckled down and dead bolted the RV door.

On the following day we hiked the Trail of the Shadows at Longmire, the site of the Longmire Springs Hotel from 1888-1920:

DSC_2754 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Location of the Longmire Springs Hotel:

DSC_2772 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2771 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Remaining cabin from the Longmire Springs Hotel:

DSC_2795 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Beavers at work:

DSC_2777 - Beavers at Work by P Bryan, on Flickr

Video of the Hot Springs:

We then went to Reflection Lakes:

DSC_2884 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2881 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_2899 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We hiked the Box Canyon Trail but didn't find it very interesting.  Afterwards, we made our way to our campground for the night - Ohanapecosh Campground - located inside Mt. Rainier National Park.  The campground was very rustic with no hookups for the RV.  Generators were not permitted to be used on our loop and bearproof storage compartments were provided at the tent sites.  Nestled among the trees, it was our favorite campground.  Information about this campground can be found here:

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/ohanapecosh-campground/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70945

Yup!  All this was our campsite.  PANO_20170704_170713 by P Bryan, on Flickr

After checking in at the campground, we hiked the Grove of the Patriarchs Trail.  Other than a suspension bridge towards the end of the hike which the kids had a blast running across, there was nothing remarkable about this trail.

DSC_2950 by P Bryan, on Flickr

The following morning, we got an early start and made our way to the Sunrise Visitor Center.  We asked a park ranger if we could take the jogging stroller onto any of the trails but were told that strollers are not permitted.  Instead, he told us to walk along the maintenance road, where we were treated to more grand vistas, this time of the Emmons Glacier:

DSC_3033 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Back at the visitor center, DW and the kids officially became junior rangers (first time for my little one).  I then asked if there were any nice trails for me to hike and was told to try the "nature trail."  My older kids weren't interested in hiking up a mountain and DW let me go off by myself for a bit, even though there was a sighting of a mother bear with cubs in the area (which I was secretly hoping to see).  I didn't see any bears but I did see some grand mountain vistas:

DSC_3062 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_3055 by P Bryan, on Flickr

We then made our way back to a campground in the Seattle area as we needed to return the RV by 11:00 a.m. the following morning.  We stayed at Dash Point State Park Campground, which was less than ten miles from Apollo.  The budget had been signed Friday night, at 11:14pm, and there were no closures.

Ohanapecosh Campground to Dash Point State Park   Google Maps by P Bryan, on Flickr

Despite being in an urban environment, Dash Point had a very rural feel to it.  Information about Dash Point Campground can be found here:

http://parks.state.wa.us/496/Dash-Point

Photographs at Dash Point State Park Campground:

IMG_20170705_173819 by P Bryan, on Flickr

There were lots of bunnies hopping all over the campground and munching on flowers in the fields.  Bunny at the campground before we arrived:

DSC_3084 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Bunny after we arrived:

DSC_3093 by P Bryan, on Flickr

That evening we made a BBQ and grilled steaks over an open fire.  DW and the girls thought it was OUT. OF. THIS. WORLD.

IMG_20170705_183248 by P Bryan, on Flickr

The following morning we packed out, returned the RV to Apollo, and picked up our rental from Enterprise to return at the airport.  We then visited the Museum of Flight, which we all very much enjoyed.  Information about the museum can be found here:

http://www.museumofflight.org/

Upon our arrival, we realized that admission was free after 5:00 p.m.  Apparently, on the first Thursday of every month the museum has a late night and admits everyone free of charge from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.  However, it would not have worked out for us to return at 5:00 p.m. as we wanted to have dinner again at Pabla Indian Cuisine before heading back to the airport.  It worked out fairly well because when we were leaving the museum we saw droves of people heading in to take advantage of the free admission.  While we were there, the museum was fairly empty.  DW and the kids wanted to tour the crew compartment of the Space Shuttle Trainer but the minimum age was 10 (so my little one couldn't go) and they required pants and close-toed shoes (as you had to climb up a ladder), neither of which DW or the girls were wearing.  They were quite disappointed.

Photographs taken at the museum:

Apollo command module  DSC_3116 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Lunar rover  DSC_3121 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Lunar rover wheel  DSC_3122 by P Bryan, on Flickr

They had a friggin M-21 Blackbird!  (The SOLE surviving M-21 Blackbird).

DSC_3128 by P Bryan, on Flickr

MiG-15 Jet:

DSC_3144 by P Bryan, on Flickr

The Red Barn - Boeing's First Aircraft Production Facility first used in 1916:

DSC_3154 by P Bryan, on Flickr

How airplanes are built, circa 1916  DSC_3150 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Across the street (part of the museum), in the Charles Simonyi Space Gallery was the Space Shuttle Trainer, and some additional space-related exhibits.  My little one loves anything to do with space:  he knows the planets on sight, was an astronaut on Purim, has seen numerous videos of the ISS and space shuttle liftoffs, and has been to the Intrepid to see Enterprise with DW.  But Enterprise is raised high off the ground, and you can't touch it, let alone explore it.  Since the trainer is not an actual space shuttle, it's not off limits.  Other than crew quarter tours, the payload bay doors are open, and you could walk through.  You can peer through a window to the crew quarters, and see where it connects to the ISS.  Little kiddo was in heaven.

Excited to see a tail fin on a space shuttle, as the one on his toy fell off.  DSC_3156 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Walking through the payload bay.  DSC_3166 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Soyuz Descent Module:

DSC_3164 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Space Toilet:

We had watched Suni Williams give the tour of the ISS, restroom included, quite a few times.  Now we get to see it for real.  DSC_3167 by P Bryan, on Flickr

Then we moved on to the adjacent Aviation Pavilion.

B17-F Flying Fortress:

DSC_3171 by P Bryan, on Flickr

B-29 Superfortress:

DSC_3176 by P Bryan, on Flickr

The first Dreamliner:

DSC_3186 by P Bryan, on Flickr

DSC_3191 by P Bryan, on Flickr

F-14 Tomcat:

DSC_3199 by P Bryan, on Flickr 

We also toured a Concorde and an old Air Force One.

We left the museum around 5:00 p.m., just in time to avoid the crowds coming to take advantage of the free after 5:00 p.m. admission.  We headed back to Pabla Indian Cuisine for another tasty dinner and then back to the airport for our flight home.

JFK-SEA by P Bryan, on Flickr

Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoyed this trip report.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:50:17 AM by Something Fishy »
What do you do after your dreams come true?

Offline JACKBLUE

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Motorhome Adventures in the Pacific Northwest, by PBaruch (2017)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 11:59:43 PM »
Wow nice and different!!
Thanks a lot!!

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »
Wow, you make any trip look awesome! Thank you very much for sharing.

Online Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 08:11:06 AM »
Great report enjoyable read!

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »
Great! Thank you

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 10:06:08 AM »
Awesome!

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 12:08:55 AM »
Awesome trip!

Offline tageed-lee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 73
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 12:17:04 AM »
Incredible!!! Always got a great read and amazing pics for us!! Thanks for sharing your latest adventure!

Offline Galitzyaner

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 03:06:50 AM »
Gorgeous pics of Mt Rainer! So crisp and perfect!

What may I ask is the attraction at those ugly beaches?

Offline hachover

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 09:23:36 AM »
Nice trip report. I enjoyed as always.

Seeing Enterprise is nice, but if he is really into space you should also take him Atlantis at KSC in FL too. It hangs suspended at the platform level so its easier to see and the bay doors are open on display. The other exhibits in that room are hands on exploring and I think pretty great.
I'm an optimist; but only because life isn't going to give me any other good choices.

Offline PBaruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 05:22:39 AM »
Nice trip report. I enjoyed as always.

Seeing Enterprise is nice, but if he is really into space you should also take him Atlantis at KSC in FL too. It hangs suspended at the platform level so its easier to see and the bay doors are open on display. The other exhibits in that room are hands on exploring and I think pretty great.

Thanks.  We will have to get to Florida sometime.  I read that SpaceX is planning a launch from Florida and I was thinking to go see it.
What do you do after your dreams come true?

Offline Luvtotravel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 08:06:55 AM »
as usual an inspiring read!
Don't wait for the perfect moment; take the moment and make it perfect.