Author Topic: Earny  (Read 16558 times)

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Earny
« on: July 18, 2017, 05:58:16 PM »
Apparently they monitor your inbox and Amazon accounts to claim refunds on price drops, and keep 25% commission.

earny.co

I'm just afraid when it comes to a substantial price drop, the claim would be more likely denied due to "abuse" in the past, in addition to being worth your while and not pay 25% for it.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline Z56

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
Re: Earny
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 06:22:04 PM »
Apparently they monitor your inbox and Amazon accounts to claim refunds on price drops, and keep 25% commission.

earny.co

I'm just afraid when it comes to a substantial price drop, the claim would be more likely denied due to "abuse" in the past, in addition to being worth your while and not pay 25% for it.

I use Sift. I think they don't take any commissions
“I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
Amazon doesn't refund on price drops anymore
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline mileagejunkie

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 607
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 11:39:03 AM »
I used to have Paribus but I noticed they missed a few big ones that I had to fill manually. I signed up for Earny two weeks ago and already got $100 in multiple checks and I have another $100 coming soon. Their algorithm is pretty good and they detect price drops very quickly! Perhaps @Dan wants to make a referral code and post about it?

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 07:38:10 PM »
I used to have Paribus but I noticed they missed a few big ones that I had to fill manually. I signed up for Earny two weeks ago and already got $100 in multiple checks and I have another $100 coming soon. Their algorithm is pretty good and they detect price drops very quickly! Perhaps @Dan wants to make a referral code and post about it?
Have you tried sift?
And what happened to the new policy of no price matching?

Wouldn't mind signing up but rather signup through a referral link, so waiting a day for dan or jj to create an account. :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 07:47:03 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 07:48:45 PM »
That's only amazon, I guess @mileagejunkie shops elsewhere too!

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 07:57:18 PM »
That's only amazon, I guess @mileagejunkie shops elsewhere too!
Talking about price matching, don't most cc or a couple out there offer money back for a price adjustment? 
 Only benefit here is for all the purchases you make and don't ever plan on tracking it to see if it went down in price. And saves you all the time spending having a rep. Compare the two and agree and reimburse you.
 Very cool site.
Interesting that I'm just stumbling upon it now.
 Surprised dan hasn't had a post on this, as if it's as simple as it says on the website, dan could be making a nice amount of cash from referrals, as I'm sure he does from all of his other referrals, amazon, cc, and lots more.. B"H. 
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
Talking about price matching, don't most cc or a couple out there offer money back for a price adjustment? 
yes but not amex, and we want return protection too. Plus, as you said, this is automated.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 09:25:37 PM »
yes but not amex, and we want return protection too. Plus, as you said, this is automated.
Have you tried sift?

Wouldn't mind signing up but rather signup through a referral link, so waiting a day for dan or jj to create an account. :)
Doesn't Chase have return protection? I only use Chase for online purchases, earny fills in claims for price drops (not automated otherwise) and I have to do is upload my statement to the link they send. 20 claims in 2 weeks, they were wrong for like 2.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:19 PM »
Cool trick: they'll keep on fillng claims even if you don't enter a card for the 25% payout. This might get fixed anytime though.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online etech0

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 09:33:49 PM »
Doesn't Chase have return protection?
Yes but you have to pay to ship the item to Chase (unless something changed recently)

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 11:19:12 PM »
https://earny.app.link/jbwpLvpxoG

Thanks guys!

Any point in actually using this? Officially could have saved $30 or something from Amazon if I used an eligible card, though it's hard to beat Amex return protection and bonus points.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline marduk

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 04:42:43 AM »
This sounds still worth checking.

Offline mileagejunkie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »
Yes but you have to pay to ship the item to Chase (unless something changed recently)
Never needed to use it so I wouldn't know. I don't mind paying a few bucks if I really needed it, although I can't think of a scenario where I would need to return something after 30 days or a final sale, and not being able to sell it on eBay for a profit :D

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 03:10:25 PM »
Cool trick: they'll keep on fillng claims even if you don't enter a card for the 25% payout. This might get fixed anytime though.
@mileagejunkie When it asked you for your bank info you left that blank? Or just unchecked the box where it says pay the 25% fee?

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »
Even though it shows only one payment? 
 And can seem to link my amazon account? Says it's verified but when I check my settings it shows error? (is this only me? Dan you had any problems loading it?)

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 239
    • View Profile
Earny App - Get Money Back from Your Purchases
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 01:09:00 PM »
ok. This one is a little complicated
But if you do it you will get refunds if the price ever drops from your credit card's Purchase Protection Coverage.

Setup time Under 5 Min.
Then it's Automated.

They take 25% of what they get you back.

---------
EARNY FAQ
What is credit card protection?

Most credit card issuers provide price protection policies of up to 120 days on your purchases. You are most likely covered by your credit card in case of price drops on items you’ve purchased. In order to benefit from credit card price protection policies, simply add the card or cards you want protection for in the “Credit Card Protection” tab.

What credit card issuers does Earny support?

Currently, Earny covers all Chase and Citibank credit cards.

This means that customers who use their Chase or Citibank issued credit cards when they shop, will be able to benefit from price protection policies for both banks, automatically after they add the cards through the “Credit Card Protection” tab. 

What are the credit card price protection policies?

Chase's price protection policy allows you to request up to $2,500 of price drops per year. The request must occur within 90 days of the initial purchase.

Citibank's price protection policy allows you to request up to $2,500 of price drops per year. The request must occur within 60 days of the initial purchase.

Why should I sign up for credit card price protection policy?

Banks and credit card companies want you to enjoy their price protection policies. But, you don’t want to go through the whole process after every purchase. Earny is able to do so for you, automatically. Sign up to the credit cards protection program and let Earny automate your credit card protection policies.

It's an extra form of income you never thought about!

How much do you estimate I can earn from credit card price protection policies?

We estimate the average user will get at least $150 back just from purchases made during this shopping season. Everyone knows that prices usually drop after Christmas, and we will be claiming millions of dollars back for our users.

On a bigger scope, we expect the average user to get $300 per year. However, the most you can receive (if you really love shopping) is $2,500!

What does the process currently look like if I seek out refunds on my own?

First, you have to keep a list of every item you buy, and every retail store that sells it. Then, you have to track every single item for price drops in any store that sells it. If a price drop is found, you can submit a price adjustment claim, which typically includes filling out a form and emailing your credit card issuer’s customer service department taking upwards of 35 minutes. This time is excluding the time it took you to search for a better price across multiple retailers during the 90 day period.

The whole process sounds like a nightmare. Earny does this all automatically!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 01:18:32 PM by Dan »
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline myi

• View Profile
Re: Earny App - Get Money Back from Your Purchases
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 02:50:07 PM »
ok. This one is a little complicated
But if you do it you will get refunds if the price ever drops from your credit card's Purchase Protection Coverage.

Setup time Under 5 Min.
Then it's Automated.

They take 25% of what they get you back.

---------
EARNY FAQ
What is credit card protection?

Most credit card issuers provide price protection policies of up to 120 days on your purchases. You are most likely covered by your credit card in case of price drops on items you’ve purchased. In order to benefit from credit card price protection policies, simply add the card or cards you want protection for in the “Credit Card Protection” tab.

What credit card issuers does Earny support?

Currently, Earny covers all Chase and Citibank credit cards.

This means that customers who use their Chase or Citibank issued credit cards when they shop, will be able to benefit from price protection policies for both banks, automatically after they add the cards through the “Credit Card Protection” tab. 

What are the credit card price protection policies?

Chase's price protection policy allows you to request up to $2,500 of price drops per year. The request must occur within 90 days of the initial purchase.

Citibank's price protection policy allows you to request up to $2,500 of price drops per year. The request must occur within 60 days of the initial purchase.

Why should I sign up for credit card price protection policy?

Banks and credit card companies want you to enjoy their price protection policies. But, you don’t want to go through the whole process after every purchase. Earny is able to do so for you, automatically. Sign up to the credit cards protection program and let Earny automate your credit card protection policies.

It's an extra form of income you never thought about!

How much do you estimate I can earn from credit card price protection policies?

We estimate the average user will get at least $150 back just from purchases made during this shopping season. Everyone knows that prices usually drop after Christmas, and we will be claiming millions of dollars back for our users.

On a bigger scope, we expect the average user to get $300 per year. However, the most you can receive (if you really love shopping) is $2,500!

What does the process currently look like if I seek out refunds on my own?

First, you have to keep a list of every item you buy, and every retail store that sells it. Then, you have to track every single item for price drops in any store that sells it. If a price drop is found, you can submit a price adjustment claim, which typically includes filling out a form and emailing your credit card issuer’s customer service department taking upwards of 35 minutes. This time is excluding the time it took you to search for a better price across multiple retailers during the 90 day period.

The whole process sounds like a nightmare. Earny does this all automatically!
Is it safe to allow this company to read through my emails and have my cc info stored their?

I had a problem loading my amazon account, couldn't get it to load, anyone else with a problem like that?

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2017, 01:52:30 PM »
Any updates to this?

Is it worth it?
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.