Author Topic: Sonata anyone?  (Read 1759 times)

Offline bubkiz

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sonata anyone?
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 10:34:10 AM »
Months later I'm still chewing over this. Anyone qualified to give an opinion on what would be a better long term value, new 17 sonata for about 15k pre tax or used 16 Camry with about 40k miles for 13.5k pre tax? Putting at least 500 miles/wk on the car and driving it till it's worth 1k or less
I'm not familiar with resale values but if you are planning on putting on a lot of miles and driving it to the ground,:
Hyundai has a 10 year-100K warranty. However, if you service it at dealer, there is no mileage limit on the powertrain. My FIL  bought a new '13 Sonata and puts on (at least) 1000 miles a week (I believe he's well over 300K miles) He has gotten a new engine and transmission for free since he uses the dealer for service.

Offline cholent

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 10:39:07 AM »
I'm not familiar with resale values but if you are planning on putting on a lot of miles and driving it to the ground,:
Hyundai has a 10 year-100K warranty. However, if you service it at dealer, there is no mileage limit on the powertrain. My FIL  bought a new '13 Sonata and puts on (at least) 1000 miles a week (I believe he's well over 300K miles) He has gotten a new engine and transmission for free since he uses the dealer for service.
That definitely isn't indicated by any terms anywhere and I would be hesitant to rely on it
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline shmooz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 12:19:40 PM »
Months later I'm still chewing over this. Anyone qualified to give an opinion on what would be a better long term value, new 17 sonata for about 15k pre tax or used 16 Camry with about 40k miles for 13.5k pre tax? Putting at least 500 miles/wk on the car and driving it till it's worth 1k or less

It's a hard call. If you get a good Toyota will outlast the sonata most probably on but how can you know what you are getting?

When I was doing my calculations I added in that a used car will likely need brakes and tires soon. So your costs are closer together.

If you are interested in the sport there aren't that many left.

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 12:20:53 PM »
That definitely isn't indicated by any terms anywhere and I would be hesitant to rely on it

+1 is there a link to such terms available?

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 12:21:05 PM »
It's a hard call. If you get a good Toyota will outlast the sonata most probably on but how can you know what you are getting?

When I was doing my calculations I added in that a used car will likely need brakes and tires soon. So your costs are closer together.

If you are interested in the sport there aren't that many left.
Actually I'm interested in the eco and there a few, not many, left
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Online ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 03:47:21 PM »
+1 is there a link to such terms available?
No such terms. Must be something like a dealer offer.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline shmooz

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 06:51:42 PM »
If someone wanted to buy this should be a good weekend. Black Friday plus end of month plus they really need to move the 2017s already.