Topic Wiki

To signup for credit cards you can click here or on the “other credit cards” tab on top of the DansDeals logo banner to view links for card offers. Then just click on the link to “View all card offers by issuing bank” and scroll down to view all card offers from the bank of your choice.

(Consumer) Direct link to 25k miles plus $100 after $1,000 spend:

https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/initialize-workflow.go?requesttype=ICAO&campaignid=2121825

25K Business:

https://business.bankofamerica.com/USBCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=UABPHP&pid=dasb&mktg_track=EOLB&track=000000ECOMM

Recon # 888-503-6091

Business Recon# 800-601-3923

Check status here: https://www.bankofamerica.com/application-status/credit-cards/app-status-form.go?request_locale=en_US

Alaska Air partners: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/partners/partner-overview.aspx?lid=nav:mileagePlan-airlines

Award Chart http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/award-chart/award-chart-domestic-canada.aspx?lid:earn-use-redirect

READ THIS THREAD TO MAKE SURE IT'S FOR YOU! http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=52946.0
« Last edited by Wiki on October 22, 2015, 08:05:26 PM »

Author Topic: BOFA Alaska Airlines Visa Master Thread  (Read 565418 times)

Offline mmgfarb

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: BOFA Alaska Airlines Visa Master Thread
« Reply #4400 on: May 01, 2017, 06:36:55 PM »
Why apply if only to have your awards cancelled and miles stolen by Alaska mileage dept and with all kinda of lies and games as reasons
You didn't sell your miles and still got shut down?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Oceanblue

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: May 01, 2017, 06:38:10 PM »
With 30k?

yes including 30K..see the attached screenshot

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: May 01, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »
yes including 30K..see the attached screenshot
Whoops, glossed over it too quickly.
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline theyankel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: May 01, 2017, 06:56:43 PM »
from said application link: The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide
tax advice.

Offline 12HRS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: May 01, 2017, 06:59:14 PM »
from said application link: The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide
tax advice.

wait so they are going to 1099 the free flight? should be interesting

Offline theyankel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: May 01, 2017, 07:22:57 PM »
wait so they are going to 1099 the free flight? should be interesting
not sure what they specifically mean they are going to 1099. maybe the value of the points? or the value of that flight if they decide to connect it to the ssn on the cc. i was just pointing it out because i dont recall seeing that anywhere else

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: May 01, 2017, 09:09:52 PM »
Because some people value Alaska miles and fly Alaska?

There is a $100 statement credit and free+taxes/fees companion fare offer available. Go through all steps to purchase a ticket and on the final payment screen is a link to the offer.
looks like you didn't quite understand. Alaska mileage dept is not BOA. BOA may approve but Alaska is known for canceling  your award flights and taking away any miles for NO reason simply because you used the miles for flights that are not cheap. They are happy if you use 30k alaska miles for the some worthless magazine for 12 months that you can get for $10 for 12 months. If you use your miles for flights, they get mad  and do take away miles and even cancel the reservation

Offline Oceanblue

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: May 01, 2017, 10:57:59 PM »
looks like you didn't quite understand. Alaska mileage dept is not BOA. BOA may approve but Alaska is known for canceling  your award flights and taking away any miles for NO reason simply because you used the miles for flights that are not cheap. They are happy if you use 30k alaska miles for the some worthless magazine for 12 months that you can get for $10 for 12 months. If you use your miles for flights, they get mad  and do take away miles and even cancel the reservation

Strange, any evidence? I've used miles earned from the CC bonus for a flight and didn't have it canceled with BOA or Alaska.
Are you talking about people churning and applying for several cards at a time?

Offline yitrap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: May 01, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »
Why apply if only to have your awards cancelled and miles stolen by Alaska mileage dept and with all kinda of lies and games as reasons
you've been ranting about this since 2015. I thought you figured it all out

I won't say much. All I 'd say is if your account is shut down  and miles stolen by Alaska and you didn't sell miles or booked awards for others who you are not part of. Ignore and bypass YVETTE, jenny OR WHOEVER THEY ARE THAT SHUT DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT. they are supervisors but who cares since you did nothing wrong in first place.
                                FLIGHT BACK AND WIN!

I WON all my miles back after shut down 18 days ago and miles stolen and flight canceled.

Please don't ask me how & it is  simple and easy you just need to  demand them to prove you where is the so called violation, if not existed,  open your account or prepare to see you in court very soon.

Dear****
At Alaska Airlines, we take a great amount of pride in our award-winning frequent flyer program and greatly value our loyal Mileage Plan members. We have implemented certain guidelines and procedures to ensure the service each customer receives is consistent and fair. It was brought to our attention recently************************ This caused concern that there may be some type of fraud being performed, and we launched an internal review of your account. ***************************  to your Mileage Plan account. Therefore, we have deposited ********* miles back into your account as of ****. I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.
*****, we value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you aboard another Alaska Airlines flight soon.

Sincerely,

I told them i need assurance and confirmation that this won't happen again and my flights won't be canceled.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #4409 on: May 02, 2017, 03:03:34 PM »
I got approved for 1 of my 5 Alaska apps this week :(.. Anyone try getting the free companion pass matched?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Oceanblue

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4410 on: May 02, 2017, 05:13:29 PM »
I got approved for 1 of my 5 Alaska apps this week :(.. Anyone try getting the free companion pass matched?

BOA doesn't match

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: May 02, 2017, 05:14:16 PM »
are people still successful in getting AF waived first year on this car by calling?

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: May 02, 2017, 05:49:00 PM »
are people still successful in getting AF waived first year on this car by calling?

That's what had AS shutting people down. It was not for multiple accounts.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4413 on: May 02, 2017, 05:53:43 PM »
no they were shutting down accounts for closing the card to avoid the AF. If you got it waived you were usually OK

Offline mmgfarb

• View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: May 02, 2017, 05:55:09 PM »
Personal experience?

Offline peace123

• View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: May 02, 2017, 06:27:28 PM »
no they were shutting down accounts for closing the card to avoid the AF. If you got it waived you were usually OK

I survived this after I threatened legal action but it seems they are still scamming people.
A buddy of mine told me his alaska account got frozen  an was told to call. The lady started saying all kinda nonsense like Why you booked this expensive non alaska flight with your miles, asked him how much in thousands he will  be spending and telling  him to redeem miles for alaska flights. They even told him they can steal all the miles from his account for no reasons blah blah. Now he has done nothing wrong except booking an international award flight with his alaska miles.
it seems  as long as you redeem miles for cheap domestic or alaska ticket or for useless magazines, they are okay otherwise they get upset and angry when you redeem miles for international partner awards which costs more then domestic flight.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 06:32:17 PM by peace123 »

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #4416 on: May 02, 2017, 06:47:09 PM »
I know lots of people who booked expensive international partner flights and follow all the rules and nothing happened to them. Usually when Alaska froze accounts it was due to selling miles or canceling the card to get the AF back. (Or some people got who did legitimate SPG transfers also got frozen but they were able to get them unfrozen)

Offline tov hashem

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4417 on: May 02, 2017, 07:32:24 PM »
It used to be that if you upgrade your visa platinum select card to the signature card by moving CL from a diffrent account you got the sign up bonus. Is it still like this or did things changed?

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #4418 on: May 02, 2017, 07:43:41 PM »
It used to be that if you upgrade your visa platinum select card to the signature card by moving CL from a diffrent account you got the sign up bonus. Is it still like this or did things changed?
it should still be like that I have not seen any reports to the contrary

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #4419 on: May 02, 2017, 10:11:38 PM »

Did you say "usually" ? ;)