Topic Wiki

Marriott Newport Coast Villas
« Last edited by davidmal on August 16, 2017, 03:43:45 PM »

DansDeals Forum > Trip Reports

Marriot Newport Coast Villas (Cat 8) & the New Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills!

(1/13) > >>

Denverite:

I'm not gonna write too much on this one because you all know where Southern California is and what to do there (Disneyland, all the stuff in San Diego, etc.) BUT some things I want to point out. 

There is an awesome little market and takeout place near SNA airport called OC Kosher (https://www.ockosher.com/ and although their only seating is outside they have an extensive menu and the food (try the homemade sausages) is really good.  We always stop there for lunch on the way home from the airport, get extra takeout to heat up plus whatever else my kids want.  There is also a Trader Joes right down the street from the hotel.

The Marriott Newport Coast Villas in Orange County is possibly one of the best Marriott Cert Redemptions for a family anywhere in the continental US (there are some great villas like these in Hawaii).  It's a Cat 8 and all units are 2Brm villas so a 2brm villa is the smallest unit you can book!  The nightly rate when we stayed last month was $850 a night plus tax.  Seriously, I'm hesitant to write this because I don't want the place to turn into the Westin Lagunamar and get overrun by frum families but I'm sharing anyway.  ;D

Here are some pictures of the unit and the resort:

Living room with a very comfy and large sleeper sofa:

From the living room into the dining room and kitchen (ignore my son acting silly): :)

Second Bedroom with another sleeper sofa:

Master Bedroom (excuse the mess) and the attached soaking tub and bathroom:

Views from the lobby, walking down to the pool and pool area:

Some pictures of the grounds and activities.  Because this is a timeshare, resort property, they have SO many free activities and amenities for kids.  My youngest loved the activities room where she got to do art projects.  My older boys loved the play station.  We got to watch Start Wars in the movie theater and also went to a "Dive in Movie" at the pool one night.  The volley ball, tether ball and mini-golf courses were also fun.

All the beaches in California are public and right below the resort is Crystal Cove State park.  Since you have to pay for parking, you are better off taking the free shuttle from the hotel, that runs hourly.  It's just a great family beach and my kids really enjoyed playing there.  The resort has beach chairs, umbrellas, sand toys, frisbees, footballs, etc. for either loan or rent (all very reasonable) so you don't have to pack a thing for the kids.

Hopefully the pictures are self explanatory but if you have any questions about the place or nearby I'll do my best to answer and coming up next the truly spectacular, brand new Waldorf Astoria in Beverly Hills!

Mountain Man:
Looks great. I'm excited for the writeup on the WA BH  and pics of the rolls royce  :).

@Yehuda:
Thanks for sharing this! Looks like a nice property. "Great use of Marriott cert"... although you'd first need to upgrade it to Cat 8 level. :P  What was the temp of the ocean like?

Z56:
thanks for sharing

davidmal:

--- Quote from: Denverite on August 03, 2017, 06:12:45 PM ---Seriously, I'm hesitant to write this because I don't want the place to turn into the Westin Lagunamar and get overrun by frum families but I'm sharing anyway.  ;D

--- End quote ---
HAHA! +1
Wiki Added.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version