Author Topic: Marriot Newport Coast Villas (Cat 8) & the New Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills!  (Read 2608 times)

Online Torkay

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
And, please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think the (non existent) DDF hoards are making their decision based on your say so.
Of you heard the things I've heard about this hotel you wouldn't be so confident. Just go ahead and book.

Offline thaber

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Of you heard the things I've heard about this hotel you wouldn't be so confident. Just go ahead and book.
PM's accepted

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
Well, I'm waiting to book till you do, so if they write reports I'll accept that.
And, please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think the (non existent) DDF hoards are making their decision based on your say so. The Marriott Newport Beach you have  power, WA  kind of has its own name recognition.
Looking forward!

It's totally not about me...it's the place...totally insane but most importantly it's about the Rolls Royce!!

+1 if any of you have been thinking of going there and are sitting on HHonors points, book it now and for a reservation as close in as possible, it's that great and I just don't see how this kind of service and these kind of perks can last when the blogosphere gets a hold of this place. 

Oh, you can post. It's not likely the Mongol hoard is attacking by Friday. ::)

Ok fine... LOL... now you outed me and I don't have any excuses!  I'll try to write it up this week.  I can't remember if I told you guys but Dr. Sandwhich is a a killer restaurant with tons of salads to choose from to go along with your basar al ha esh (real Israeli style) and within the 3 mile radius.  Yeah it's weird to pull up in the Rolls but that's half the fun!  :P

Offline thaber

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
It's totally not about me...it's the place...totally insane but most importantly it's about the Rolls Royce!!

+1 if any of you have been thinking of going there and are sitting on HHonors points, book it now and for a reservation as close in as possible, it's that great and I just don't see how this kind of service and these kind of perks can last when the blogosphere gets a hold of this place. 

Ok fine... LOL... now you outed me and I don't have any excuses!  I'll try to write it up this week.  I can't remember if I told you guys but Dr. Sandwhich is a a killer restaurant with tons of salads to choose from to go along with your basar al ha esh (real Israeli style) and within the 3 mile radius.  Yeah it's weird to pull up in the Rolls but that's half the fun! 
Also Dr sandwich is on Uber eats, which is nice. Awesome food

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
I don't see any award availability for the Villas for the whole 2018 calendar. Is this par for the course for Marriott?
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline davidmal

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 180
    • View Profile
    • Pintrest
I don't see any award availability for the Villas for the whole 2018 calendar. Is this par for the course for Marriott?
Try calling. Thatís crazy.
-DMC
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it ~Ferris Bueller"

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 22
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
#DDFEFFECT

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
#DDFEFFECT
Meaning that there was award availability at some point? I guess I have to keep an eye out for when they open the 2019 calendar...
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Shmuel4

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Is this regular award availability (using upgraded certificate)?

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
So maybe the award calendar just doesn't work. I manually checked some dates in the summer and those didn't have availability but I do see now that there is availability close in.
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
#DDFEFFECT

LOL but more likely a glitch. :)

Is this regular award availability (using upgraded certificate)?

I didnít book there on a cert but it totally should work as long as you have upgraded it to the correct category.  I did call them about booking points because it looks so unclear online and she said that if you pay those points you donít have to pay any additional upgrade fee.

Offline efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
LOL but more likely a glitch. :)

I didnít book there on a cert but it totally should work as long as you have upgraded it to the correct category.  I did call them about booking points because it looks so unclear online and she said that if you pay those points you donít have to pay any additional upgrade fee.
its no glitch, i spent some time on the phone with them

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
its no glitch, i spent some time on the phone with them
What did they say? I did see close in availability
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline efflpetzel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
What did they say? I did see close in availability
They said there's no availability.

Which dates do you see availability

Offline Geshmak25

• View Profile
They said there's no availability.

Which dates do you see availability
When I checked at the beginning of the mont h there were some dates in Jan that were available.
PUTPAC = PITA