Author Topic: Are waivers what they say they are ....  (Read 1023 times)

Offline beignet

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Are waivers what they say they are ....
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:37:35 PM »
I received a Delta weather waiver alert last Wednesday ...said I could change flights due to bad weather getting back from FL to NYC's LaGuardia. Wait time on the call to Delta initially was two hours (I didn't wait and they have also changed their call-back policy, at least for me). After repeated phone calls.... got through & was told couldn't do it because I had purchased an economy class ticket. If I wanted to proceed, I would have to pay additional costs for a ticket. I decided not to pay the extra fees. I'm a Silver Elite which means basically nothing but Delta should not send out text message alerts to folks who bought economy class tickets or simply change their ticketing practice. 

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Are waivers what they say they are ....
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:15:40 PM »
I received a Delta weather waiver alert last Wednesday ...said I could change flights due to bad weather getting back from FL to NYC's LaGuardia. Wait time on the call to Delta initially was two hours (I didn't wait and they have also changed their call-back policy, at least for me). After repeated phone calls.... got through & was told couldn't do it because I had purchased an economy class ticket. If I wanted to proceed, I would have to pay additional costs for a ticket. I decided not to pay the extra fees. I'm a Silver Elite which means basically nothing but Delta should not send out text message alerts to folks who bought economy class tickets or simply change their ticketing practice.

Do you mean Basic Economy?

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
Likely.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 03:01:29 PM »
Likely.

Would still be interesting if it is true that "E" class doesn't get a weather waiver. That would make it too risky to book.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2017, 03:21:02 PM »
Would still be interesting if it is true that "E" class doesn't get a weather waiver. That would make it too risky to book.
That would be ridiculousness.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 03:28:09 PM »
Makes it sound like a Spirit Air equivalent. Basically something to purchase only at the airport at the last moment when flight is scheduled.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan