Author Topic: Why I flew Spirit and would do so again!  (Read 6836 times)

Offline nucheiner

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Why I flew Spirit and would do so again!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »
Always believed that their good on-time performance is because they are too cheap to deal with the consequences of dealing with refunds,  re-accommodating, or even paying CSRs to deal with customers.
But that's fine.

Offline Divora M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 01:17:08 PM »
I have been flying Spirit for over 13 years now and I have had only one bad experience when they canceled our morning flight erev succos and the only other flight is at night. We learned our lesson never to fly Spirit erev yom tov since they only have one or two flights a day and won't put you on another airline. We love Spirit and Frontier airlines and I have been flying them with my family for many years and it has saved us thousands of dollars in airfare. We live in Chicago so during the winter I take my kids on either day trips or overnight trips to Miami which costs between $25-50 round trip (that's cheaper then taking them to a children's museum)! When we travel on Spirit each kid has a carry-on which is a Spirit approved size that is considered a personal bag with wheels so we don't pay their baggage fees, we bring our own snacks and we bring empty water bottles to the airport and fill it up at the water fountains by our gate (you can ask for a cup with ice for no charge on the airplane). I definitely don't pay for choosing our seats and our family has never been split up. Most of our flights have been on time which is a lot more then I can say for American Airlines. People are always complaining how Spirit seems cheap at first but after all the add ons its comes out the same price as the other airlines but if you know how to pack lightly and know their system you should be saving tons of money flying them. On our last trip to NY my 4 year old came up with a joke, what do Rhino's and Spirit Airlines have in common? They both charge!  ;D

Offline avrumy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2020, 05:16:45 PM »
I just flew spirit with my family. The overall service is better then it was the last time i flew spirit which was 7 years ago.  I actually booked the tickets in the airport and saved $36 a ticket.