Author Topic: Get $200+ of Skylanders Toys for less than $10 at Toys R’ Us!  (Read 72202 times)

Online yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Get $200+ of Skylanders Toys for less than $10 at Toys R’ Us!
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2017, 04:26:56 PM »
Very simple. Glitch in the system and I get free stuff, can I place such an order? Answer was that since the glitch is on their end it's permissible.
Can you please pm me the name? Did he say you can place the order, no problem? Or did he say, technically, you can, except for Hayoshor V'hatov etc.

Offline stooges44

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2017, 04:37:41 PM »
I'm still wondering how tru can take such a hit, there's no way the vendors (bugaboo, microsoft [xbox], etc..) are going to eat the costs so how can tru survive this epic screw up?

If deliveries are truly happening anywhere near the number of orders that were placed I wont be surprised if this makes headlines in the coming days or at least when it comes time for their financial meetings
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Offline lubaby

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2017, 04:46:29 PM »

Offline mendy from lakewood

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, National EE, Hertz Presidential.
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2017, 04:46:40 PM »
I'm still wondering how tru can take such a hit, there's no way the vendors (bugaboo, microsoft [xbox], etc..) are going to eat the costs so how can tru survive this epic screw up?

If deliveries are truly happening anywhere near the number of orders that were placed I wont be surprised if this makes headlines in the coming days or at least when it comes time for their financial meetings
yup a few thousand stroller at $1000 a price can be a few million dollar loss
"Respect is earned, Honesty is appreciated, Trust is gained, Loyalty is returned"

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2017, 04:48:07 PM »
Did anyone get cancellation email after actually receiving the item/s?

Offline beeweegee

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2017, 04:55:27 PM »
Did anyone get cancellation email after actually receiving the item/s?
Yes, someone above IIRC.

Online TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile

Online TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
East coast express
They still do deliveries at midnight ?

Offline Davidthebest

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2017, 05:13:33 PM »
So am i the only one that my cancellation emails were actually  final ?

Offline ericchavez91

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2017, 05:17:02 PM »
Me too  :(

Online TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2017, 05:20:59 PM »
Hey, it could arrive tomorrow

Offline sm8542

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2017, 05:43:57 PM »
Seems like only people who ordered things they don't actually need got their stuff...

Offline Ygold

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2017, 05:58:29 PM »
Can you please pm me the name? Did he say you can place the order, no problem? Or did he say, technically, you can, except for Hayoshor V'hatov etc.

If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath for the PM. I'ts highly doubtful he called any Rov.

1. Earlier when the point was made that it was wrong Mr Joe. didn't mention that he called a rov and the rov said it was fine. Rather he chose to say that the only reason issues were raised was because people didn't get in on the deal. (yet he himself supposedly had issues and that's why he called a rov! hmmmm.....)
(He only mentioned he called a rov once i pointed out the massive outright theft and chillul hashem involved.)
2. Do you really think it's plausible that within the short period of time that this was live after the "deal" was posted, Mr. Joe called his rov right away on speed dial and got through automatically and asked if it was okay, before placing his order, or do you think it's more plausible that when he saw this deal he just went zooming to place orders?
3. Someone who takes advantage of these deals, where it's 100% pure theft, no 2 ways about it, is suspect for lying about calling his rov as well.
4. Lying on a public forum saying that he has rabbinic approval, to steal, no less, (because it's a glitch) only makes the chilllul hashem much bigger, when this will undoubtedly be picked up by the media.
5. One can argue that there is a big difference to taking advantage of a glitch such as Amazon pricing a product very cheaply versus our case of manipulating the Toys R Us website where you if you purchase a 99 cent item you can get a few thousand dollars of regular priced products for free. Big difference.

Cheers :)
Shout out to Meshugener!

Offline stooges44

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 269
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2017, 06:46:10 PM »
If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath for the PM. I'ts highly doubtful he called any Rov.

1. Earlier when the point was made that it was wrong Mr Joe. didn't mention that he called a rov and the rov said it was fine. Rather he chose to say that the only reason issues were raised was because people didn't get in on the deal. (yet he himself supposedly had issues and that's why he called a rov! hmmmm.....)
(He only mentioned he called a rov once i pointed out the massive outright theft and chillul hashem involved.)
2. Do you really think it's plausible that within the short period of time that this was live after the "deal" was posted, Mr. Joe called his rov right away on speed dial and got through automatically and asked if it was okay, before placing his order, or do you think it's more plausible that when he saw this deal he just went zooming to place orders?
3. Someone who takes advantage of these deals, where it's 100% pure theft, no 2 ways about it, is suspect for lying about calling his rov as well.
4. Lying on a public forum saying that he has rabbinic approval, to steal, no less, (because it's a glitch) only makes the chilllul hashem much bigger, when this will undoubtedly be picked up by the media.
5. One can argue that there is a big difference to taking advantage of a glitch such as Amazon pricing a product very cheaply versus our case of manipulating the Toys R Us website where you if you purchase a 99 cent item you can get a few thousand dollars of regular priced products for free. Big difference.

This earned you a second like  ;D
If it's not free shipping it's not worth it.

Online whYME

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »
It is possible that he ordered and then called the rov after the fact.

I haven't asked a rov, but I find it hard to believe a respectable rov said it's 100% ok. maybe:
Or did he say, technically, you can, except for Hayoshor V'hatov etc.

Offline whacked1

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile

Offline yitrap

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2017, 06:56:24 PM »

Assuming you're right, although I doubt someone would lie over something so silly.

נוח לו לאדם שיפיל עצמו לכבשן האש ואל ילבין פני חבירו ברבים

the yom hadin is around the corner

Doesn't just apply to the people who placed the order.

Offline Abebee

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 735
    • View Profile
  • Programs: National EE
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2017, 07:51:20 PM »
My theory, I might be wrong is that the items that arrived were shipped straight from the manufacturers (bugaboo etc)
Toys R us cancelled them but it was too late as all this places have automated labeling....

As mentioned above the FedEx driver called he couldn't find the house, very possible he tracked it again and got a notification that the item should be returned.

My question is can toys R us go ahead and change a customer full price now after they received it?

Offline doovid d

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2017, 08:07:05 PM »
Did anyone get any compensation  for the cancelled orders?