Poll

Title

Nightmare On Iberia Airlines: Kids Forced Off Plane In Spain
36 (60%)
The Kids In Spain Are Left Off The Plane: A Nightmare With Iberia Airlines
24 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Has This Ever Happened To You With IBeria Airlines-Minors Bumped?  (Read 12659 times)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Has This Ever Happened To You With IBeria Airlines-Minors Bumped?
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
Is it illegal to bump minors?  I really want to publicize this so that this situation does not happen to other mothers.
The law that matters at this point is the court of public opinion. Any settlement from the airline should put mandatory compensation x3 to shame.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline LeeAddi

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »
I doubt there's a law, but it take a brain-dead agent to bump minors.
Did they tell the agent in MAD that they were all under 18?
I called my daughter and asked her to hand the phone to the  agent.  Once she got on the phone I asked her how she can bump my children who are ages 11,15 and 17.  She said it is because they are one of the last ones to check in and according to the law it can be done.  I said let's put the law aside how about your conscience?  She then handed the phone back to my daughter and said " I cannot speak to your mother". 

My children were then sent to another area in the airport to get some sort of compensation but then the Iberia lady said to them that since they are all minors it is against the law to give them a check.  I asked my daughter to hand the phone to this agent hoping for some compassion, but as soon as I said I don't understand if they are too young to be compensated then they are too young to be bumped, I was once again told that they cannot speak to me.

I felt so helpless and frustrated. 

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2017, 05:07:01 PM »
The law that matters at this point is the court of public opinion. Any settlement from the airline should put mandatory compensation x3 to shame.
I called my daughter and asked her to hand the phone to the  agent.  Once she got on the phone I asked her how she can bump my children who are ages 11,15 and 17.  She said it is because they are one of the last ones to check in and according to the law it can be done.  I said let's put the law aside how about your conscience?  She then handed the phone back to my daughter and said " I cannot speak to your mother". 

My children were then sent to another area in the airport to get some sort of compensation but then the Iberia lady said to them that since they are all minors it is against the law to give them a check.  I asked my daughter to hand the phone to this agent hoping for some compassion, but as soon as I said I don't understand if they are too young to be compensated then they are too young to be bumped, I was once again told that they cannot speak to me.

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2017, 01:12:40 AM »

Terrible. This should make for a nice story. And I am sure once Dan posts it other blogs will follow. Crazy how airlines think they can get away with such things.... 
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline a mirrer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2017, 02:42:29 AM »
I doubt there's a law, but it take a brain-dead agent to bump minor.
iberia agents are generally brain-dead, my brother once connected in Madrid in business class and the first flight arrived late so he ran to the gate and they were still in middle of boarding so he tries to board but they had already offloaded him so he asked if he can be put back on and the agent said sure the plane is pretty empty but then the supervisor noticed that his ksml was moved to the second flight and she tells my brother I'm sorry but we can't let a J class passenger travel without food and he's like I'll manage without food but she stood her ground and bumped him to the next flight

Offline LoLo

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
iberia agents are generally brain-dead, my brother once connected in Madrid in business class and the first flight arrived late so he ran to the gate and they were still in middle of boarding so he tries to board but they had already offloaded him so he asked if he can be put back on and the agent said sure the plane is pretty empty but then the supervisor noticed that his ksml was moved to the second flight and she tells my brother I'm sorry but we can't let a J class passenger travel without food and he's like I'll manage without food but she stood her ground and bumped him to the next flight
??? :o
Don't attribute to intelligence what can also be attributed to incompetence.  -Dan

Offline ilherman

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2017, 12:14:13 PM »
Can we expect a DD post today?
You can say what you think when you think what you say.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2017, 12:20:54 PM »
@Dan should get a statement from iberia

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2017, 12:24:39 PM »
@Dan should get a statement from iberia
That's probably what he's waiting for.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2017, 11:51:19 AM »
That's probably what he's waiting for.
Indeed.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2017, 12:01:42 PM »
Indeed.
Seems like they're keeping you waiting..

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2017, 12:20:47 PM »
Indeed.
Of course eventually that changes to "Iberia declined to respond to our request for comment"
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used to start a religious discussion.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2017, 12:23:54 PM »
Of course eventually that changes to "Iberia declined to respond to our request for comment"
Twitter team said to follow up again tomorrow with them if the PR team doesn't respond by then.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2017, 12:46:31 PM »
Hi Daniel,

Sorry, we havenít seen your email before. Please, let us ask find out what happen and we will be back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Margarita
Iberia Press Office

Offline Yammer

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »
Hi Daniel,

Sorry, we havenít seen your email before. Please, let us ask find out what happen and we will be back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Margarita
Iberia Press Office
Here we go!