Poll

Title

Nightmare On Iberia Airlines: Kids Forced Off Plane In Spain
36 (59%)
The Kids In Spain Are Left Off The Plane: A Nightmare With Iberia Airlines
25 (41%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Has This Ever Happened To You With IBeria Airlines-Minors Bumped?  (Read 86448 times)

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Has This Ever Happened To You With IBeria Airlines-Minors Bumped?
« Reply #480 on: September 07, 2017, 02:48:02 AM »
imagine if the hotel the airline chose had a policy requiring an adult to check-in
i remember not being to check-in to a hotel that i had booked once, when i was underage
Imagine imagine imagine.....

Offline Geshmak25

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 07, 2017, 09:25:08 AM »
Reposted on @doctorofcredit
PUTPAC = PITA

Offline yitzy93

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 07, 2017, 09:38:42 AM »
Reposted on @doctorofcredit
Making progress. He has good visibility. Hopefully it'll be picked up by others.

More people should be tweeting this at sites they want this story posted on.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:13 AM »
i just dont think this story has much appeal. as wrong as it was ppl are not going to get so worked up about a 17 year old having to watch her 2 siblings for  a few hours. if she was a few months older it wouldn't even be a story...

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 07, 2017, 10:01:20 AM »
i just dont think this story has much appeal. as wrong as it was ppl are not going to get so worked up about a 17 year old having to watch her 2 siblings for  a few hours. if she was a few months older it wouldn't even be a story...
There's no kuntz is getting a legitimately hot story to go viral. The challenge is when it's not so sensational. A pro in social media optimization should be able to get almost anything with some basic benchmarks to hit the news and reach the public. It's all about the packaging.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 07, 2017, 10:12:47 AM »
as wrong as it was ppl are not going to get so worked up about a 17 year old having to watch her 2 siblings for  a few hours. if she was a few months older it wouldn't even be a story...
1. It's not just "a 17 year old having to watch her 2 siblings for  a few hours." It's a 17 year old being dumped out of the airport to spend a night watching her siblings unprepared in a foreign country, rather than just getting off one plane and on another.
Granted, it's not the end of the world but it's still more than just watching her siblings for a few hours.

IMO the fact that Iberia initially refused compensation because they were too young is what turns it into a story. They acknowledged that the age of the passengers was an issue but instead of dealing with it by at least trying to get them on the plane they just gave them a big FU and tried to save a few bucks.

Offline elit

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 07, 2017, 10:15:17 AM »
1. It's not just "a 17 year old having to watch her 2 siblings for  a few hours." It's a 17 year old being dumped out of the airport to spend a night watching her siblings unprepared in a foreign country, rather than just getting off one plane and on another.
Granted, it's not the end of the world but it's still more than just watching her siblings for a few hours.

IMO the fact that Iberia initially refused compensation because they were too young is what turns it into a story. They acknowledged that the age of the passengers was an issue but instead of dealing with it by at least trying to get them on the plane they just gave them a big FU and tried to save a few bucks.
I agree it's very wrong. I'm just saying it's not the type of story thay has enough to make ppl go crazy and for it to go viral

Online Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 44
    • View Profile
    • Kosher Horizons
Check out my site for epic kosher adventures: Kosher Horizons

Online mgarfin

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline SearchGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 07, 2017, 02:23:21 PM »
People still blame Iberia for their poor response, they mainly disagree with the title...

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #492 on: September 07, 2017, 02:29:26 PM »
People still blame Iberia for their poor response, they mainly disagree with the title...

Which might be indicative that a title like "The Kids In Spain Are Left Off The Plane: A Nightmare With Iberia Airlines" might have been better received, as the play on words is obvious to many, is catchy, and wouldn't have them focusing on whether or not this is a "nightmare".
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #493 on: September 07, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
Oh please. They just enjoy sticking up for the airlines in every thread. If not for the title then they would focus on the mother making a mountain out of a molehill rather than focus on Iberia's faults.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ
« Reply #494 on: September 07, 2017, 02:36:35 PM »
Oh please. They just enjoy sticking up for the airlines in every thread. If not for the title then they would focus on the mother making a mountain out of a molehill rather than focus on Iberia's faults.

Very possible. Not really familiar with FT.

However, maybe emphasis and focus should be moved to the fact that IB is saying they were bumped because they were last, yet it was IB's check-in agent's at MIA who caused this. The preferred outcome of something like this should be a DOT (and possibly EU and IL) crackdown on involuntary bumping off a connecting flight (especially overseas, especially minors) when check-in for that flight should have occurred early on, at time of check-in for initial flight. I think anyone can relate to the atrocity of involuntarily bumping of even an adult at a point of connection except when next flight out is within 2-3 hours.
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #495 on: September 07, 2017, 02:37:40 PM »
Meh, 90% of FTers always defend the airline and harass the OP.
Yeh exactly why I hate FT. They seem to think it's shticky to bash a op like this and defend the airlines. To the contrary you will always find some nice members as well who will defend the op.
That's the modus operandi there.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 07, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
That's the modus operandi there.

I hear that, but would they also stick up for the airlines if the focus was on involuntary bumping at a connection point when next flight out is more than 2-3 hours (or pick another number if you don't think that 2-3 hours will elicit the right amount of outrage).

I think all can agree that there's a huge difference between being bumped at point of origin to bumping at a connection point.
-- Dan

Offline David Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 07, 2017, 02:44:30 PM »

However, maybe emphasis and focus should be moved to the fact that IB is saying they were bumped because they were last, yet it was IB's check-in agent's at MIA who caused this. The preferred outcome of something like this should be a DOT (and possibly EU and IL) crackdown on involuntary bumping off a connecting flight (especially overseas, especially minors) when check-in for that flight should have occurred early on, at time of check-in for initial flight. I think anyone can relate to the atrocity of involuntarily bumping of even an adult at a point of connection except when next flight out is within 2-3 hours.

That's not a horror story that stirs up anger and indignation. You need an emotional pull, not a factual one; and you need a story that people relate to and feel could have been them. Targeting the most vulnerable people in sight, that are unable to stand up for themselves, and shouldn't be assumed able to deal with the situation they're being unfairly placed in, is a story line. (Whether it's true or not is semantics. It's a matter of effective marketing.) The airline falsely claiming that they were checked in last is wrong, but isn't a horror story. People are bumped every day, irregardless if it's a connection or point of departure. You're not stirring up any outrage like that.
JTZ

Offline whYME

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 07, 2017, 02:54:17 PM »
That's not a horror story that stirs up anger and indignation. You need an emotional pull, not a factual one; and you need a story that people relate to and feel could have been them. Targeting the most vulnerable people in sight, that are unable to stand up for themselves, and shouldn't be assumed able to deal with the situation they're being unfairly placed in, is a story line. (Whether it's true or not is semantics. It's a matter of effective marketing.) The airline falsely claiming that they were checked in last is wrong, but isn't a horror story. People are bumped every day, irregardless if it's a connection or point of departure. You're not stirring up any outrage like that.
I tried reading this but as soon as I got to the word "irregardless" my mind basically shut off and couldn't focus on anything else so I'm not quite sure what your point is.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 07, 2017, 03:00:40 PM »
I tried reading this but as soon as I got to the word "irregardless" my mind basically shut off and couldn't focus on anything else so I'm not quite sure what your point is.
Never use an English dictionary to process DDF posts.
-- Dan