Author Topic: Fraud Story... what would you do?  (Read 18348 times)

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Re: Fraud Story... what would you do?
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2017, 09:40:04 PM »
...its not a price mistake nothing about ethics in this scenario   
You are right this is worse than a price mistake.
I just found a new supply of forks!

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »
What do you think the right thing is to do?
ok his statement is wrong. But anyone hating on him for not telling chase that they gave him extra points is nuts. Everyone here takes points they are not supposed to. Does anyone tell chase oh I spent 50k on gift cards at staples this year with my ink please take away the 250k points you have me! etc.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2017, 09:45:17 PM »
ok his statement is wrong. But anyone hating on him for not telling chase that they gave him extra points is nuts. Everyone here takes points they are not supposed to. Does anyone tell chase oh I spent 50k on gift cards at staples this year with my ink please take away the 250k points you have me! etc.
sooo different

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2017, 09:50:14 PM »
sooo different
not really if you think about it I would say that the ink w the gift cards and Sign up bonuses w gcs are worse bec you are gaming the system. He did nothing wrong he was given 155k extra points.

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2017, 09:51:01 PM »
sooo different
if you saw 155k extra points in your account you would call chase and tell them to take it back?

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2017, 09:56:37 PM »
if you saw 155k extra points in your account you would call chase and tell them to take it back?
I would call them to find out what happened.

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2017, 09:57:54 PM »
+1

Offline mochjas

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2017, 10:09:56 PM »
you guys really want human eyes reviewing your chase accounts? So now they gave you extra points so you are willing to risk getting A/A-ed  to give them back. You guys are a lot better than me, I can tell you that much

And I still would like to hear how this is diff from buying gcs to get points when the terms clearly state that you do not earn points for cash equivalents

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2017, 10:13:24 PM »
you guys really want human eyes reviewing your chase accounts? So now they gave you extra points so you are willing to risk getting A/A-ed  to give them back. You guys are a lot better than me, I can tell you that much

And I still would like to hear how this is diff from buying gcs to get points when the terms clearly state that you do not earn points for cash equivalents
We all look at things differently. That does not make one better than someone else.

Offline israel11219

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2017, 04:05:46 PM »
to all of you hating on someone who thinks differently: if the discussion would've been about buying GC or any MS someone "might" be right because chase probably make some money when you charge their card even its on a GC, but when the talk is on churning cards and getting every few months another big bonus in my eyes and by anyone straight thinking its much more worse! the only reason why they give bonuses is because they want you should get their product!  in my case i didn't do anything wrong! and i'm not obligated to take any action, I'M PROUD TO BE A JEWISH RELIGIOUS PERSON! in my SHULCHON ORUCH it states very clearly that in the case of a TUIES AKUM YOU ARE  NOT REQUIRED  TO TAKE ANY ACTION and it might even be an issue if you do otherwise because of LOI SCHUNEIM.. cant explain more in a public forum     

Offline ChaimMoskowitz

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2017, 04:09:58 PM »
to all of you hating on someone who thinks differently: if the discussion would've been about buying GC or any MS someone "might" be right because chase probably make some money when you charge their card even its on a GC, but when the talk is on churning cards and getting every few months another big bonus in my eyes and by anyone straight thinking its much more worse! the only reason why they give bonuses is because they want you should get their product!  in my case i didn't do anything wrong! and i'm not obligated to take any action, I'M PROUD TO BE A JEWISH RELIGIOUS PERSON! in my SHULCHON ORUCH it states very clearly that in the case of a TUIES AKUM YOU ARE  NOT REQUIRED  TO TAKE ANY ACTION and it might even be an issue if you do otherwise because of LOI SCHUNEIM.. cant explain more in a public forum     
It would be best you just let this one die.

Offline israel11219

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2017, 04:12:25 PM »
i just replied because i felt a lot of hate on me over here! but case is closed   

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2017, 04:13:11 PM »
to all of you hating on someone who thinks differently 
There was no "hating" only that some people pointed out a factually incorrect statement which you made. There was not a single comment about when you wrote that it was a taos akum. Go speak with your ethical advisor and finished. What people took issue with is when you wrote that points do not cost the bak anything That is simply untrue and nothing but you convincing yourself. I am not sure what you are writing in the rest of the post. Apparently english is not your first language.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2017, 06:15:22 PM »
@israel11219, please report back what, if any, action they take when they realize their mistake & there's no points left in your account for them to debit.

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »
@israel11219, please report back what, if any, action they take when they realize their mistake & there's no points left in your account for them to debit.
+1 That was exactly what I was thinking. There have been multiple cases of people having large balances in their bank accounts, due to a bank error, and IINM there was a case where someone woke up to a ton of cash that clearly wasn't theirs, and spent it, and was them sued by the bank.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline EJB

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Fraud Story... what would you do?
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2017, 06:55:11 PM »
+1 That was exactly what I was thinking. There have been multiple cases of people having large balances in their bank accounts, due to a bank error, and IINM there was a case where someone woke up to a ton of cash that clearly wasn't theirs, and spent it, and was them sued by the bank.

I once had my share counts multiplied by 1000 by accident . Should have wired to some non extradition country and fled .