Author Topic: Technical difficulties on Flying Blue website; won't honor award shown  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Chayahol

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone,

I am new here on the forums. I tried to find an existing thread for my topic, but was unsuccessful. If there is one already, I apologize and please guide me to it!

My husband and I are IY"H going to Africa next summer. Last night I tried to book 2 business class tickets on the Flying Blue website from Entebbe to Los Angeles. 2 Classic 100,000 mile awards popped up (buried in the middle of the 300,000 Flex awards). I quickly transferred 200,000 Chase points to Flying Blue, which appeared in my account right away. Again I searched and the award was still available. But every time I tried to book it (I tried at least 6 times - each time with a new, successful search) I was able to choose seats and input all of our traveler information but when I tried to move on to the purchase screen I kept getting a message that said "A technical error occurred and your search could not be completed." The customer service center was closed at that time. This morning - just 5 hours after I had last tried to book the tickets - when I reached customer service on the phone I was told that that award was not available - only the 300,000 flex award. The rep would not let me speak to any supervisor and, no matter what I said, he just repeated that the only way to register a complaint was through the website, which I did prior to posting here. I also had taken numerous screen shots of the 100,000 award available and my attempt to book it. I included those screen shots in my complaint. There was a message that said I should hear back within 3 days.

Has anyone had this happen with Flying Blue and, if so, do you think that there is any chance of them honoring the original award?  I'm not sure if I should just let it go and try to reinstate the miles with Chase or wait it out. I know that the transfer from Chase is supposed to be final, but I was able to reverse it a few years ago within a few hours of the transfer, but I think that the longer I wait, the less likely that will happen, if it will happen at all.

Thanks for any help you can offer here.

Very frustrated to think of those 200,000 miles sitting there in Flying Blue and still needing to book a flight for our return to LAX.

Offline Chayahol

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Technical difficulties on Flying Blue website; won't honor award shown
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 12:12:58 PM »
Well, I solved my own problem. I decided to go on the website one more time just to see if the classic award still showed up and it did. So I called customer service and at first they said that they didn't see that award - only flex awards. But when I gave them the exact flight numbers suddenly they were able to access it. I think perhaps b/c the flight from Amsterdam to LAX is a Delta flight? Whatever - I now have the flights booked.

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
Re: Technical difficulties on Flying Blue website; won't honor award shown
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 12:18:14 PM »
Congrats, you had an uphill battle otherwise.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper