Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2408492 times)

Offline Jm1248

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #8460 on: July 03, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
Ever had to explain to recon why you need so many at once ? Or are they for 4 different businesses ?
I have 3 inks at any given time for same biz. Don't think they ever asked me why I need so many. They're usually more worried about how established the business is/length of biz credit history

Offline Tom Brady

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Ritz Platinum
« Reply #8461 on: July 03, 2015, 01:00:32 PM »
I have all the inks & business was just 12k income and 1-2 years old when I applied (depending on which app). Granted it took a few huca's but I never had a real problem
I got my last IP 6 months ago but have had over 4 open at a time since I started this game .
Do you guys have a good relationship with Chase elsewhere, checking or savings account?

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: July 03, 2015, 01:02:44 PM »
Do you guys have a good relationship with Chase elsewhere, checking or savings account?
I have a checking and savings with them for over 5 yrs.

Offline Tom Brady

• View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: July 03, 2015, 01:06:05 PM »
I have a checking and savings with them for over 5 yrs.
Nice. I wonder if that's a significant factor.

Offline leaf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: July 03, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »
Chase Reconsideration seems to be really hung up on this "too many recent applications" issue.  I was explicitly told by supervisor that was the ONLY reason she could not find a way to approve an Ink, even though both business and personal bank accounts are with Chase.  She bought all my explanations (why I needed so many cards etc)  but basically just said impossible to approve with so many recent credit requests.  (seems like they are mainly concerned with Chase applications, though they may point to others to reinforce/entrap).
It seems like a new brick wall (at least for UR cards).
Would like to hear any data points to the contrary from the last couple months. 

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: July 03, 2015, 01:28:16 PM »

I have every account they offer . Oil the  wheels !

Offline Tom Brady

• View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: July 03, 2015, 01:37:34 PM »
I have every account they offer . Oil the  wheels !
I'm going to assume you're a steady banking customer, and don't churn those accounts too. If that's the case, this would be another data point that goes to show that it is/was always easier to get Chase cards if you have a relationship with them banking as well; especially hard to get cards like the Ink's.

Now @Yehuda better not have a long time banking relationship with Chase, otherwise this wouldn't explain why he had a harder time getting the Ink's than PETERP and Jm1248. Obviously there are probably several other factors as well though.

Offline TimT

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: July 03, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
(seems like they are mainly concerned with Chase applications, though they may point to others to reinforce/entrap).
They've been denying some that only have 2-3 chase cards based on too many from other banks.

Offline Tom Brady

• View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: July 03, 2015, 01:45:36 PM »
They've been denying some that only have 2-3 chase cards based on too many from other banks.
Well he was referring to an Ink card, which people are still not completely sure what the case is. So maybe it's somewhere in between?

Offline leaf

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: July 03, 2015, 01:50:37 PM »
Fair enough.
With me main point was Chase.  Bear in mind also I have regular long term (over decade) personal and business banking relationship with them.
Posts about non-recent successes and failures seem irrelevant.  It's about whether things have changed in last month or two. 

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: July 03, 2015, 01:54:42 PM »
It's about whether things have changed in last month or two.
Oh it has

Offline d3athrow

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: July 03, 2015, 06:25:38 PM »
36k is pretty low business income. Not saying people haven't gotten it but..
When i talked about the declining elsewhere, guy claimed he got it through recon on the same day i was denied recon with $2,000 business income and 1 year business age.

Edit: Just remembered maybe an interesting data point, dunno if its common knowledge but they pulled TU on the Ink+ opposed to on the Freedom they had pulled EXP
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 06:29:09 PM by d3athrow »

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: July 03, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »
When i talked about the declining elsewhere, guy claimed he got it through recon on the same day i was denied recon with $2,000 business income and 1 year business age.

Edit: Just remembered maybe an interesting data point, dunno if its common knowledge but they pulled TU on the Ink+ opposed to on the Freedom they had pulled EXP
wow, not many reports like that recently.

Offline @Yehuda

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: July 03, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »
@Yehuda doesn't have an ink? ???

What a sad world.
I can't believe it either. Although it's also not really a secret if you know where to find me.

I'm going to assume you're a steady banking customer, and don't churn those accounts too. If that's the case, this would be another data point that goes to show that it is/was always easier to get Chase cards if you have a relationship with them banking as well; especially hard to get cards like the Ink's.

Now @Yehuda better not have a long time banking relationship with Chase, otherwise this wouldn't explain why he had a harder time getting the Ink's than PETERP and Jm1248. Obviously there are probably several other factors as well though.
Wop wop. Have had bank accounts with them for over 5 years. Had a business bank account that had my name on it in which over a million dollars passed through (which was the final factor that got me approved for my SW Biz card - my only Chase biz card ever). Also have (don't ask me why) a Chase Investments account.

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: July 03, 2015, 06:36:47 PM »
I can't believe it either. Although it's also not really a secret if you know where to find me.
Wop wop. Have had bank accounts with them for over 5 years. Had a business bank account that had my name on it in which over a million dollars passed through (which was the final factor that got me approved for my SW Biz card - my only Chase biz card ever). Also have (don't ask me why) a Chase Investments account.
With that kind of money going through your account hasn't a banker been able to help you at all ?

Offline Tom Brady

• View Profile
« Reply #8475 on: July 03, 2015, 06:37:18 PM »
Wow! I was way off. It's suprising that you haven't been able to get approved for an Ink, when so many "less qualified" people have.

Offline PETERP

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8476 on: July 03, 2015, 08:11:59 PM »

I am a steady customer . I also churn these cards.

Have had a bank account with them for at least 15 years . But have not Run more than a million
Thru it in all that time .
 Keep high balances in checking and savings , so maybe that helps. Also Had SW, UA , and Marriot biz with them ! YMMV I guess ?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 08:15:38 PM by PETERP »

Offline Jm1248

• View Profile
« Reply #8477 on: July 03, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »
Yea ymmv probably. I also churn and I only have bank accounts with them for 5 years which is nothing special. I also got my wife approved a few months ago for ink plus even though she had no biz history and I put income down as 6k

Offline moeg

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8478 on: July 07, 2015, 01:10:50 PM »
I just applied for a freedom for my wife. She called up recon and they basically told her that since I have too many cards they wont approve her and the only reason they considered it was because i was the one who applied. Even if she says all those cards are mine then they say she has no credit history.
Did anyone ever have this sort of thing?
Also how can they know that i was the one who applied???

Offline TimT

• View Profile
« Reply #8479 on: July 07, 2015, 01:13:26 PM »
I just applied for a freedom for my wife. She called up recon and they basically told her that since I have too many cards they wont approve her and the only reason they considered it was because i was the one who applied. Even if she says all those cards are mine then they say she has no credit history.
Did anyone ever have this sort of thing?
Also how can they know that i was the one who applied???
She has no credit history whatsoever ?