Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2400759 times)

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #11900 on: April 17, 2018, 12:47:37 AM »
Is he over 5/24? If yes give up. If no, HUCA and offer to transfer CL if they don't give in at first
No, hadn't opened a single card in 24. Already offered to transfer CL on the first 3 calls, but they didn't budge.

Can the rep see the IHG already? I ask because on last call the rep mentioned that he sees one account in good standing which seemed like he only saw the Freedom.

Offline davidrotts63

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 26
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hertz Gold, Hyatt Member, BA Blue, Ebay banned, Amazon Prime
« Reply #11901 on: April 17, 2018, 12:48:51 AM »
No, hadn't opened a single card in 24. Already offered to transfer CL on the first 3 calls, but they didn't budge.
They make it hard from a new card. You can try to escalate it but IME it likey will not happen.
(Quit) pulling out the flowers, and watering the weeds. -Peter Lynch

Offline Savingsbeast

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: April 17, 2018, 12:53:23 AM »
They make it hard from a new card. You can try to escalate it but IME it likey will not happen.
But the Freedom isn't a new card. What about a transfer from IHG to Freedom then ask for a transfer from Freedom to Slate.

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: April 17, 2018, 01:01:59 AM »
But the Freedom isn't a new card. What about a transfer from IHG to Freedom then ask for a transfer from Freedom to Slate.
Try that. But with a new card they may be reluctant as well, even if the credit you are transferring if from another card.

Offline Zevi16

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: April 22, 2018, 11:06:46 AM »
I just applied for sapphire preferred and it’s pending. I tried calling a bunch of times but each time they ask me to send in my social as proof. It seems like it’s a note  on my account. Should I bother huca? Does this mean I can’t get the reserve for 2 years?
It’s my first chase card by the way.
Oh and it says 7-10 days
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 11:22:41 AM by Zevi16 »

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: April 22, 2018, 04:54:51 PM »
I just applied for sapphire preferred and it’s pending. I tried calling a bunch of times but each time they ask me to send in my social as proof. It seems like it’s a note  on my account. Should I bother huca? Does this mean I can’t get the reserve for 2 years?
It’s my first chase card by the way.
Oh and it says 7-10 days
why don't you just send them your social?

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: April 22, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »
why don't you just send them your social?
I wanted to apply for the reserve today as well as it only works on Sunday But I first had to get approved for the preferred. If I mailed/faxes it in it would take days to process.
BH I went into the branch and they uploaded it for me. Got approved bH

Offline Mr. CC

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: April 22, 2018, 08:51:01 PM »
I wanted to apply for the reserve today as well as it only works on Sunday But I first had to get approved for the preferred. If I mailed/faxes it in it would take days to process.
BH I went into the branch and they uploaded it for me. Got approved bH
what's this Sunday business, do you mean to say that you're only available on Sunday?

Offline Zevi16

• View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: April 22, 2018, 09:50:18 PM »
what's this Sunday business, do you mean to say that you're only available on Sunday?
Yup otherwise I will never get to it

Offline chaimh770

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: May 01, 2018, 05:05:05 PM »
I just applied for a chase ink apparently when you write a name of a company which isn't your personal name they require official gov documents to prove your company exists. I don't have these documents so when I called a chase representative told me the best solution would be to resubmit a new application with my personal name as the company name. (With warning me obviously that it was on my decision).
I did that and was declined right away because I "requested too many applications" I called reconsideration and they told me the same thing.
I feel stuck now the only way I get the card is by providing documents I do not have??
Any help would be appreciated!

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #11910 on: May 01, 2018, 05:15:11 PM »
I just applied for a chase ink apparently when you write a name of a company which isn't your personal name they require official gov documents to prove your company exists. I don't have these documents so when I called a chase representative told me the best solution would be to resubmit a new application with my personal name as the company name. (With warning me obviously that it was on my decision).
I did that and was declined right away because I "requested too many applications" I called reconsideration and they told me the same thing.
I feel stuck now the only way I get the card is by providing documents I do not have??
    I had the same exact experience when I applied a month ago, I used my initials for my company name instead of using my own legal name for the company name as a sole proprietorship which I did not know is needed when applying for a sole proprietorship business credit card, made that silly mistake , tried 5-10 Chase reps/ supervisors got nowhere they all told me the same thing apply for a new card with the correct information but I didn't have a chance to do that yet.
   Will try once or twice more with a call to Chase and see if I get anywhere.

‏ I would definitely call Recon and tell them about your previous application which wasn't completed due to your business name and now when I applied for the same credit card using my correct information i was declined, assuming your original application was approved just your business name was blocking it from being approved approved.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:18:25 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #11911 on: May 01, 2018, 05:32:25 PM »
http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=8398.msg1909938#msg1909938

it seems it's a very common mistake when opening a business credit card that you use a business name versus your personal name when opening a business cc ( while being a sole proprietorship in the business).

Very surprised that @Dan doesn't put emphasis nor state you should only use your legal name when applying as a sole proprietorship for your business credit card if you don't have documents to prove your business name.
  I Know Dan does put emphasis on a business credit card which if you run a small business meaning you're considered a sole proprietorship your eligible to open up a business credit card, but I think he should add you need to put your own personal name / legal name in order to be approved for that small business assuming you don't have documents to prove you're business name?
 (Suggesting this edit because I see it's a common trend around here on DDF for that silly mistake when applying for a business cc, to use a made up bussiness name on your application while being a sole proprietorship in your business.)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:35:44 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline as2

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11912 on: May 01, 2018, 05:34:47 PM »
My brother applied for the IP last year, use his initials for the company name. Wasn't auto approved, but after pending for a few days, he was approved.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline sguitarist18

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #11913 on: May 01, 2018, 05:36:50 PM »
My business name includes my last name, never had a problem with it in the past...though just applied for 2 cards, we'll see what happens...

Offline davidrotts63

• View Profile
« Reply #11914 on: May 01, 2018, 05:50:03 PM »
My brother applied for the IP last year, use his initials for the company name. Wasn't auto approved, but after pending for a few days, he was approved.
This is a new thing that they ask for it.

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #11915 on: May 01, 2018, 06:17:55 PM »
Does it help if I've had cards before with the same business name?

Offline sguitarist18

• View Profile
« Reply #11916 on: May 01, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
Apparently not.  >:(

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #11917 on: May 01, 2018, 06:42:09 PM »
My business name includes my last name, never had a problem with it in the past...though just applied for 2 cards, we'll see what happens...
Could be their happy if part of your name is in the application vs having nothing besides a random bussiness name.

Offline myi

• View Profile
« Reply #11918 on: May 01, 2018, 06:43:42 PM »
Apparently not.  >:(
What happened ? Declined?

Offline chaimh770

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11919 on: May 01, 2018, 06:53:25 PM »
    I had the same exact experience when I applied a month ago, I used my initials for my company name instead of using my own legal name for the company name as a sole proprietorship which I did not know is needed when applying for a sole proprietorship business credit card, made that silly mistake , tried 5-10 Chase reps/ supervisors got nowhere they all told me the same thing apply for a new card with the correct information but I didn't have a chance to do that yet.
   Will try once or twice more with a call to Chase and see if I get anywhere.

‏ I would definitely call Recon and tell them about your previous application which wasn't completed due to your business name and now when I applied for the same credit card using my correct information i was declined, assuming your original application was approved just your business name was blocking it from being approved approved.
I tried explaining didn't help, they said my second application was final decisions, and first was ok but would have to send it the documents.
So if I'm understand once this happens your just stuck? Is there anyway to fix it up?