Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2400070 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1940 on: January 07, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »
With JPMPB I'd go into a branch for recon help.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: January 07, 2013, 02:36:31 PM »
With JPMPB I'd go into a branch for recon help.
That' the downside with JPMPB. Often times when I ask a local Chase bank for anything, they say that they can't access the accounts because only the private bankers can help.

Offline Mimi K.

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: January 07, 2013, 04:25:36 PM »
I'm on the phone with Recon now and she said she cannot transfer credit from INK to United personal because that is business credit
that is a bunch of Bunk? Right? :-\ ??? ???
"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Free Stuff!" 8)

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #1943 on: January 07, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
I'm on the phone with Recon now and she said she cannot transfer credit from INK to United personal because that is business credit
that is a bunch of Bunk? Right? :-\ ??? ???

I'll tell you if you never use another emoticon.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline mmermss

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: January 07, 2013, 04:27:26 PM »
ALOL!
 ;D
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline Mimi K.

• View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: January 07, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »
:P 8) NO DEAL!!! 8) :P

Offline Mimi K.

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: January 07, 2013, 04:32:20 PM »
She wouldn't transfer the credit so I closed the Bold (10K) and she reran the application and this time it was approved!  8) 8)
All is well that ends well.  :-\
Although if I would've known that I would not get instant approval I could have blocked Ex & TU
it would have saved me a pull!  :(

Offline churnbabychurn

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: January 07, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »
How about from BA personal to united business. Generaly do they do it?

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: January 07, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »
She wouldn't transfer the credit so I closed the Bold (10K) and she reran the application and this time it was approved!  8) 8)
All is well that ends well.  :-\
Although if I would've known that I would not get instant approval I could have blocked Ex & TU
it would have saved me a pull!  :(
do you mind explaining, reran means more pulls?

Offline Mimi K.

• View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: January 07, 2013, 05:03:41 PM »
do you mind explaining, reran means more pulls?
no. They can run the app w/o another pull.
what I could have done was freeze EX & TU then when I get denied call and ask them to pull EQ
How about from BA personal to united business. Generaly do they do it?
I transferred from Biz to Personal more than once.
They only time they did not want to was with INK Bold because its a charge card.
Others have had success even with Bold. (Meshugener?)

Offline es21729

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1950 on: January 07, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
It worked! Approved for SP after rejection letter using SM.
Process:
Got rejection letter - too many accounts as reason.
Logged on to my wife's existing Chase profile, and sent SM as account inquiry, other. Used reference number from rejection letter as account info.
Wrote in SM that I wanted the SP for the great benefits, was surprised at the rejection, and don't really need more credit from Chase. So very willing to have them move credit from her United to get SP approved.
Next day, got the standard Chase SM we are looking into it.
Today, got SM that app was approved, and that I would be getting a new letter. Checked her United credit line and saw that it was reduced 5k.

I love Chase, and this can be a very convenient approach. Always good to have a successful experiment, B'H. I was not optimistic since my wife already has the BA, Hyatt and United, and never uses them, because I am always feeding her new cards from other banks to meet spends on. This is why Chase is the best.
Good luck if anyone else tries this. I hope it stays alive as an option.

I did a 3BM for the SP, Ink Bold and Freedom cards last week, received the latter 2 cards and a rejection letter for the SP as described above. I followed those instructions last night, telling them to move credit from my new Freedom and existing BA card in order to get the SP approved, and sure enough this morning when I logged into my account I saw that my credit line had been reduced on my BA card. Called reconsideration line and he informed me that they had followed my instructions to a T, and I even got customer service to link the new SP card to my account before I even received the physical card. Talk about making it easy. Thanks for the advice!

Offline MEIR613

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: January 07, 2013, 06:39:50 PM »
Has anyone tried freezing EX and then just transferring credit without a pull?

Offline sy guy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: January 07, 2013, 10:29:31 PM »
sorry for keeping my sm saga going, but I was surprised today to get a chase letter (after I got my wifes physical ink plus card) talking about approval for a sp visa with shift of CL from her united card. I really don't remember applying for them both, but will take the two approvals and 90k ur. For thins threads purposes safe to say sm  works for the shifting CL approval tactic

Offline churnbabychurn

• View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: January 07, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »
sorry for keeping my sm saga going, but I was surprised today to get a chase letter (after I got my wifes physical ink plus card) talking about approval for a sp visa with shift of CL from her united card. I really don't remember applying for them both, but will take the two approvals and 90k ur. For thins threads purposes safe to say sm  works for the shifting CL approval tactic
So we don't know what you applied for, so not much to learn from this strange saga.

Offline ahecht37

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: January 08, 2013, 12:01:26 AM »
I really don't remember applying for them both, but will take the two approvals and 90k ur.
So we don't know what you applied for, so not much to learn from this strange saga.
i hope that you are the one that applied for it :-\

Offline sy guy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: January 08, 2013, 10:56:08 AM »
Applying Occam's Razor - I must have applied for the SP Visa and Ink Plus in a 2BM. My wife got the IP on merit, and was rejected initially for the SP Visa. I used SM to get them to reconsider the SP Vsa rejection and cleared it by having them move credit from her United personal card. So my initial point is the correct one, you can use SM to get Chase to reconsider successfully, after a rejection and when you have credit to move around.

Offline menashe04

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: January 08, 2013, 11:10:09 AM »
I applied for the inks and was declined. I called recon and they told me that I had an old card with them that they closed.  So they can't approve me since we had an unsatisfactory relationship. I indeed had the ba card, and I don't remember why it was closed. It was a few years ago. Any idea what I can tell them to reconsider?

Offline lcyitz

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #1957 on: January 08, 2013, 06:17:34 PM »
I applied for the inks and was declined. I called recon and they told me that I had an old card with them that they closed.  So they can't approve me since we had an unsatisfactory relationship. I indeed had the ba card, and I don't remember why it was closed. It was a few years ago. Any idea what I can tell them to reconsider?
Starting a new business and this time you have investors unlike last time?

I'd say keep calling

Offline nutcase

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: January 08, 2013, 06:58:15 PM »
chase executive office I had success with emailing the ceo's office. you will get a response btw was it a charged off account? if so you need to pay them before anything happens otherwise don't see why they would deny for closing a card..

Offline eliteflyer

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: January 09, 2013, 03:04:35 PM »
Last week I did my first Biz 3BM with Chase for the IB, IP and United MP Exp card for Business. Oddly, the IB which was the last click in the 3BM was instantly approved with an 11k "cl", but the others were sent for processing.

I called Business Reconsideration right away and learned that the IP was still being "processed" and that the United was denied for "too many chase cards opened in the last year." I asked to move over some CL from one of my other 5 open personal Chase cards to no avail.

I called again the next day. This time, the rep escalated the matter to a supervisor who said it would be impossible to move CL to get the United open, but that the IP was still being processed.

Perhaps I should wait to learn whether I am approved for the IP before pursuing the United further? I currently have the SP MC, SP Visa, Hyatt and Freedom open with about 30k cl among all of them.
I called Chase Executive Office today and learned that the IP was actually approved yesterday with a 5k CL, so no need to haggle over moving around lines from other cards. Its helpful that I have an 11k tuition bill payable by credit card this month :-)

Now, I just need to try to push through the United card. One concern I have is that doing so may cause another report pull as it was previously denied on initial contact. My past experience with these is that where they instantly deny a card rather than "review it", any subsequent attempt to open the card causes another hard pull. Thoughts?