Topic Wiki

Chase Recon #1: 1-888-270-2127 or 1-888-245-0625 (no longer in service) 1-800-527-7419[Mon-Fri 7:00AM-10:00PM Sat 8:00AM-5:00PM Sun 9:00AM-5:00PM ET]
Chase Recon #2: 1-888-609-7805 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00 PM ET]
Chase Business Recon #: 1-800-453-9719 [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-5:00PM ET]

Chase Fraud # 1: 1-877-470-9042  [Mon-Fri 8:00AM-8:00PM ET]
Chase Fraud # 2: 1-800-278-8830
(If you have a fraud alert on your account, recon will instantly transfer you here for verification, so you might as well call directly)

To fax in verification documents:
#1: 888-643-9624
#2: 888-643-9628
#3: 201-328-3289 (according to a rep from this dept, it's quicker than the other listed numbers)

Chase CS #: 1-800-432-3117

To know whether your application is pending or declined:
Call CS 1-888-338-2586 or 1-800-432-3117 and press # or 1. (If it's asking for your full 16 digits account number, it's 1. If it's asking for only your last 4 digits, it's #)
Press 3, then 1, then key in your SSN.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing of our decision, in approximately 2 weeks
It's pending.
If you hear:
This application is being reviewed. You will be notified in writing, within 7 to 10 business days, of our decision
It's been declined.

Business cards application status: call 800-453-9719.

7-10 day message on the business application line does not mean a denial.

No matter what the status of your app is or what the page said after you hit submit or what Chase emailed you, etc... CALL TODAY! Any "pending" issues can either be addressed once you get your letter in the mail in 2 weeks, or you can JUST CALL TODAY!
And if at first you don't succeed HUCA, HUCA, HUCA etc. If they tell you there's a max of 2 cards per 30 days, HUCA!
PS: If the reason you were declined on a 5/24 card is 5/24, and you are indeed 5/24, YOU WILL NOT GET APPROVED.

Author Topic: Chase Reconsideration  (Read 2411081 times)

Offline Marco Polo

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 104
    • View Profile
Re: Chase Reconsideration
« Reply #2580 on: April 18, 2013, 11:41:09 AM »
+1. I never actually SMd for an approval. Going to try it on my next round of cards.
I have been 2/2 with SM'ing for approval. It seems they are more eager to please through SM.
Quaerite et Invenietis.

Offline jacobgo

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
My SM success for approval
« Reply #2581 on: April 18, 2013, 01:12:56 PM »
I applied for 3 business credit cards from chase (Bold, Plus & United) using the 3 BM to avoid 3 extra credit pulls
United got instantly approved, Bold and Plus I have called reconsideration department they only approved the Plus, after calling in twice + for the ink plus they didn't wanna approve it cause they don't have enough history of my business, I tried all the tricks and explained them that I like the features of the Plus (such as 6 month APR, 2 Free lounge visits yearly) but it didn't help
I tried my last chance by sending them a SM ans YES they approved it without any questions asked
Here's the MSG what I send: Hi there.
I'm writing so that you PLEASE reconsider my ink plus Application card.
I really like the ink plus card cause of the awesome benefits and wish to have their Credit Card.
I UNDERSTAND that I've opened many cards in the past, but PLEASE understand me. I don't need any NEW credit from chase, so I'm willing to have credit lines moved around to enable me application to be approved. such as the united i have $18,000 which is not needed
If needed, I'm even ready to close my United card, as long as I get approved.
I have a good credit history with chase, never once had a late payment,
Please get me approved, and THANKS in advance.
Do the same........

Offline noturbizniss

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: My SM success for approval
« Reply #2582 on: April 18, 2013, 01:15:27 PM »
Already discussed here http://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=8398.msg466341#msg466341 (just pointing to where the thread can be moved).
Regardless, it's great to see another confirmation of this success. Congrats!
READ THE DARN WIKI!!!!

Chuck Norris...
...can still do FT method
...READS THE WIKI!!!

Offline President St.

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 19, 2013, 01:37:31 AM »
Just got rejected via secure message >:(
Guess its just not meant to be.
I applied for Ua Biz and IP, got approved on the United card with 18K in new credit (wo calling recon), yet when it comes to the IP they wont budge.
Has anybody had a similar experience?

Offline mmermss

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: April 19, 2013, 01:46:25 AM »
I applied for Ua Biz and IP, got approved on the United card with 18K in new credit (wo calling recon), yet when it comes to the IP they wont budge.

Did you try calling recon?  Offer to move some of the CL from the UA to approve the IP.
It's not about the quantity of your posts.  It's about the quality.

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: April 19, 2013, 02:44:27 AM »

Yes, I did last night. I will report back later. I think chase sees a 3rd business card product in under 6 months as too many. Got shot down twice for the same reason despite getting approved for for the 2nd business product (IB) with 10k line but they wouldn't approve the 2nd app for the UA business product even when offering to transfer/close 14k on existing card with annual fee posted.

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: April 19, 2013, 05:17:39 AM »
Yes, I did last night. I will report back later. I think chase sees a 3rd business card product in under 6 months as too many. Got shot down twice for the same reason despite getting approved for for the 2nd business product (IB) with 10k line but they wouldn't approve the 2nd app for the UA business product even when offering to transfer/close 14k on existing card with annual fee posted.

HUCA. And then HUCA again !

Offline A European

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 19, 2013, 07:54:44 AM »
Just wanted to share a fact:
I Found it very interesting that one of the only cards I got approved instantly was the UNITED CLUB CC, for both me + my wife ( without calling recon ).
For my wife's account I closed it right away in order to get approved for a different CC in the same 3BM , for my self I still have it.
A few days ago I did a 4BM for my SIL she just had a BA card for almost a year with chase, non approved yet and the only card that gets the 2 weeks message is the.UNITED CLUB ( I added it to the 4BM in order the close it down to get approved for the other cards )

Offline President St.

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 19, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
Did you try calling recon?  Offer to move some of the CL from the UA to approve the IP.
I resorted to a secure message after calling the businesses recon line a number of times offering to move CL.
Initially the agent was sympathetic to my "plight" and agreed to shift CL to get the card approved, however a manager wouldn't sign off on it and the account was noted with detail that a manager refused to sign off etc, since then i have run into a brick wall.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 04:14:52 PM by AsherO »

Offline yosele

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: April 24, 2013, 04:44:43 PM »
Applied for wife for 1 united personal and two biz cards the IP and the United.

Called recon, got personal approved by moving credit from SP to United, but on the business side, she asked why I need both, I gave explanation, that friends told me that IP is fantastic for business purchases, and United I need because I fly often, after all financial questions, the rep only wanted to approve one card.

Reason, she doesnt have her own credit line that long with chase, and she could only get 7K in credit, and in order to open 2 cards a minimum of 10K is required. I chose the IP.

Called back today, got a different rep, told right away that I want recon on the United biz, told my length of banking with chase, perfect credit etc etc, he said that he sees I called already, I should give him a few minutes, he'll review the file.

He came back with the same story that he cant approve it, because bla bla bla, I should try again in six months

wife doesnt have any other business cards with chase to shift CL

any ideas how to proceed?

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #2590 on: April 24, 2013, 05:50:52 PM »
Applied for wife for 1 united personal and two biz cards the IP and the United.

Called recon, got personal approved by moving credit from SP to United, but on the business side, she asked why I need both, I gave explanation, that friends told me that IP is fantastic for business purchases, and United I need because I fly often, after all financial questions, the rep only wanted to approve one card.

Reason, she doesnt have her own credit line that long with chase, and she could only get 7K in credit, and in order to open 2 cards a minimum of 10K is required. I chose the IP.

Called back today, got a different rep, told right away that I want recon on the United biz, told my length of banking with chase, perfect credit etc etc, he said that he sees I called already, I should give him a few minutes, he'll review the file.

He came back with the same story that he cant approve it, because bla bla bla, I should try again in six months

wife doesnt have any other business cards with chase to shift CL

any ideas how to proceed?

HUCA again.

Post again after the fifth HUCA.

Offline yosele

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 25, 2013, 09:57:07 AM »
Moshe, I'm up to my fourth HUCA, all had the same answer for me.
Not only did they have the same answer, but they all mentioned that I already spoke with several reps...
The last one told me, "I see that three reps already told you this".....

Should I call it, or go again? Any advice now? Or just give yp, and try in a few months again

Offline Shmulyg

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 25, 2013, 09:59:25 AM »
Moshe, I'm up to my fourth HUCA, all had the same answer for me.
Not only did they have the same answer, but they all mentioned that I already spoke with several reps...
The last one told me, "I see that three reps already told you this".....

Should I call it, or go again? Any advice now? Or just give yp, and try in a few months again
Call them about some nonsense things a couple times to push their notes about you down. Then call back.

Offline Shreknit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:32 AM »

I has this once 2 years ago. After 7 huca's and some major attitude problems I finally got a nice rep I told him after my years with chase good credit never late payment etc it would be unfortunate for me to close all accounts and take all future banking to citi bank and within a few min he approved app.

Offline yosele

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 25, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
The issue is that my wifes credit file is fairly new. The first card with chase in her name was opened end of 2012.

Offline scwam

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: April 25, 2013, 12:32:46 PM »
After 2 calls of being shotdown for a 3rd business product in 6 months I have sm'd and waited 2 days. I sent an updated copy of my credit report with my sm. At day 2 I recieved an sm stating that my request is being reviewed and I will be notified of the results in 10 days. I am now on day 6 since I sm'd. They seem to be taking this one carefully. My sm also only asked for a credit line swap.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: April 25, 2013, 12:35:21 PM »
So I decided to freeze my wife's experian because of too many pulls.
I applied for the UMPE and called up.

First rep, we have to pull your Experian.
Second rep, ok, I'll pull Equifax, but didn't approve it because of bla bla bla
Third rep, seemed to try, but still couldn't approve it.
Spoke to a supervisor afterwards and also couldn't approve it.

She was an AU on my amex for a year and on other cards for 4 months. Have a few recently opened cards which I don't use (probably hurt her only a little bit the way it sounded. More about only having personal cards on her name for 3 months.).
They claim as usual, that AU doesn't really talk to them.
Supervisor said that on their signature products they need 5k credit to approve and bla bla.

So, first, I didn't waste an Experian pull.

Next what should I do on the fifth HUCA?

TIA

Or should I apply on same day for a freedom if that's the best option after using a pull and from the supervisor it sounded that that would be easier to approve because it doesn't need that much credit.

Offline Moshe123

• View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: April 25, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »
No way to SM if you don't have any cards with Chase?

Offline bznt

• View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: April 25, 2013, 02:51:46 PM »
Just get your story straight and HUCA.

And what did i tell you about speaking to Dan?... :D
i am reporting back :
i tried to sm recon about a chase ink , but got rejected, so i sent the same message about a sapphire preferred that i got rejected as well , and i just got a message  that i got approved by closing a old united card and moving the credit line over, i actually got more credit then the card i closed had
thank all for sharing great info

Offline PETERP

• View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: April 25, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »
i am reporting back :
i tried to sm recon about a chase ink , but got rejected, so i sent the same message about a sapphire preferred that i got rejected as well , and i just got a message  that i got approved by closing a old united card and moving the credit line over, i actually got more credit then the card i closed had
thank all for sharing great info

Good. Now go use part of that credit to get the Sapphire opened !