Author Topic: Faroe Islands- with a day in Manchester and Copenhagen  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Elite

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Faroe Islands- with a day in Manchester and Copenhagen
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 09:50:46 PM »
Am interested to know what you did in Manchester. Can't think of anything interesting or touristic there to do

Offline shmebeble

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2017, 02:51:36 PM »
Well now that finals are over.........
We stayed in Woodmere for shabbos because our flight was only an hour and a half after shabbos ended. My great plan was for a friend in Israel to check us in over shabbos, and then we should be safe to get to the airport and through security to make the flight. On motzash I turned on my phone to find a long voicemail from my friend explaining that AF had cancelled the second leg of our trip (from MAN-PARIS) and rebooked us on a flight that left the day before our flight to MAN. Yes, they booked us leaving from MAN-CDG before our JFK-MAN flight. Naturally we were worried and as we sped to the airport I called Delta. Of course they had a 2 hour wait  ::)
I literally ran into the airport like a crazy man, and went right to the Priority check-in. BH the agent was super helpful and after 5 minutes of typing away and a few "hmmms" she had us reconfirmed on our original flight to CPH and had us leaving to Paris two days later- (I wonder if I can still get compensation for having to "miss" that flight?). We made it though security quickly after some nice pax lets us skip. To quote: "we could see the panic on your faces." Conveniently, our pilots went missing for an hour and a half so we had time to shower and relax in the lounge before take-off. Immediately after taxiing to the runway, the electricity on our plane shut off unexpectedly and it took the crew a few minutes to fix this (is this common?). Apparently they didn't think it was a big deal because we took off 10 min later.

{We landed in Manchester- paid to store our luggage and took the train from the airport to the city. There was a free bus from the train that gave us a mini tour and ultimately took us to John Rylands library. It was very nice inside, we found some Judaica pictures and books- which is always a pleaser; overall it was a great time filler. Since it was a beautiful day we walked around a shopping area near St. Annes square and had encounters with the most polite homeless people. From there we ubered to a pizza place where we ordered some tasty brick over pizza. Unfortunately it doesn't hold a candle to Pizza da Solo, but we were hungry so it was delicious. We grabbed food from Ta'am for later and when we realized Uber had a 5x surge, we asked a yiddishe speaking women in the "cute gifts" store across the street to call a car service. The flight to CPH was uneventful and we checked into the airport Hilton at 11:30pm for a quick night. The next morning we made sure to get up (way too) early as we thought the airport might be busy, but the CPH airport is so efficient and quick that we were through the economy security in under 10 minutes.}
An hour later we were aboard our Atlantic Airways flight. As we sat down the exhaustion of only sleeping a combined 7 hours the past two nights finally hit us, and we contemplated going straight to our Airbnb host when we landed. Don't worry, the exhaustion did not last long once we saw what lay ahead.

The Faroe Islands:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 03:02:10 PM by shmebeble »

Offline Yehoshua

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2017, 02:56:34 PM »
Great job. Looking forward to the rest!

Offline Silverswift92

• Non-Elite Member
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile

Offline Something Fishy

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 37
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 05:43:46 PM »
67% of TRs that start this way never get finished. :P

@shmebeble let's not let @yehuda have the last laugh here ;)...
Check out all my Trip Reports here!