Author Topic: Turo car rentals  (Read 24474 times)

Offline AMH

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Platinum,Star Alliance Gold, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's circle, Europcar privilege Elite, Marriot Gold
Re: Turo car rentals
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2023, 07:16:13 AM »
Just had a pretty bad experience with Turo. Rented a car for 4 days from FLL. After a day with the rental, the host sent me a message demanding the car back, claiming i disabled the GPS. They even reached out to Turo who tried calling and they emailed me. When i saw the message i responded that its parked in an underground garage and maybe thats why. When returning the car, they gave me a bit of a hassle as well. I wrote a review 2 star saying it wasn't a good experience etc. A few minutes later i get a message from the host saying they reported the car stolen to FLL police bec i kept it when they asked for it back. Mind you, it was returned 10 days ago.

Reached out to Turo support and will see what happens.
Most important is to check host reviews
👆 אהבת חינם

Offline smb2270

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2023, 09:27:03 AM »
Looking to buy Turo gift card. 

Have used Turo many times and it saves lots of time generally just be in touch with host. I have had times where I had to wait which was frustrating but better than waiting at the car rental place in MIA!

Offline cozmohoot

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2023, 02:40:40 PM »
Any recent data points that I should be aware of?
Afaf so will try and get more info on what he needs

Offline emak

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2023, 11:53:53 AM »
Any recent data points that I should be aware of?
Afaf so will try and get more info on what he needs
Just used this and had a great expereince. Got contact info for car owner and he was very helpful

Offline smb2270

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2024, 11:56:49 AM »
I wanted to share a Turo experience re a cancelled car upon airport arrival.

Have used Turo multiple times from MIA, and it certainly saves time.  I was in touch with most recent renter and confirmed the car was good to go the day prior to arrival.  Once I landed, the booking was cancelled and I received a msg from renter that car was broken (no apology).  I called Turo and they took down my address and found me a car for my pickup (recall I paid for delivery).  they claimed that al they could offer me was the same car model.  I was not about to fight with them given that I flew with company and we were almost done retrieving our bags.  I had Turo mail me that Turo will pay for my Uber (minivan) from MIA to destination ($70), uber from destination to rental location (20 blocks; car available three hours later); Uber from our accommodations to renter and then Uber back to airport - so that it was memorialized and to mitigate ambiguity.  They also indicated that Turo would cover any difference in price of current rental versus prior.  All I needed to do was send them receipts of Ubers once my trip was complete.

And Turo did just that, and we wasted no time upon arrival.  The rep was super helpful, even though I did not get what I originally paid for, but through no fault of Turo.  I will certainly book with Turo again and recommend it.  They refunded back to original form of payment, too, right away.