Author Topic: Dell Promotional gift card mess  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Yehuda25

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Dell Promotional gift card mess
« on: October 26, 2017, 12:17:58 AM »
I put through a few orders with dell using promo gift cards, dell cancelled the orders and never refunded the gift cards.

Now the gift cards are expired.

Any recourse?

I spent hours and hours on the phone with them, they dont want to budge.
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

― Aristotle

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
Re: Dell Promotional gift card mess
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 01:02:59 AM »
Did they give any reason for why the order was canceled or why they didn't refund the GC'S?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:07:51 AM »
Did they give any reason for why the order was canceled or why they didn't refund the GC'S?
Order was cancelled because it was "placed through the wrong channel" I was buying for biz from their home site.  CC was refunded, but gc wasn't because the account was "on a verification hold which I cleared, but in the interim the gc's expired.

If they really want to play by the terms and conditions they can say now that they won't issue it back becuase the gift card has expired. However they ignored the terms and conditions by not refunding within 3-7 biz days per the terms and conditions, See below.

Returns of merchandise will be processed according to Dell's return policies. Credits for returns accepted by Dell will be allocated back to the Promo Card (in the amount of the portion of the returned purchase paid via Promo Card) as long as the Promo Card has not expired. However, if the card has expired, no credit or cash refund will be issued and remaining funds on the card are forfeited. If you receive a credit, the portion paid with your Promo Card (excluding shipping & handling) will be allocated back to the Promo Card within 3 to 7 business days after Dell receives and processes your returned merchandise. Please note: No credit will be issued back to the card if the Promo Card has expired

― Aristotle

Offline mmgfarb

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 01:08:39 AM »
Seems ridiculous, have you contacted someone from corporate?
"JS [is] a fetid cesspool of unvarnished linguistic manure, with lots of useless drivel and post-padding." -Moishebatchy

Offline Yehuda25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 01:10:54 AM »
Seems ridiculous, have you contacted someone from corporate?
That's my last resort.  What really worries me is that from what I am reading, these gift cards are really kinda more like coupon codes as opposed to gift cards.

― Aristotle