Author Topic: Need some help in putting up a temporary shower curtain in a bathroom with the..  (Read 12214 times)

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
I have an apartment which has the showers which were put in but without the shower doors or curtains, would love to use the shower without making the whole bathroom all wet, so...I can drill into the ceiling to place a temporary makeshift curtain with a rod hanging from the ceiling as I can't or don't want to muck up the walls which was tiled from bottom to top, now the ceiling is complete concrete should I try to drill something in there.
 It's in a corner which would require a rounded shower post as you can see from the pictures as I posted below, the only option I thought of would be to take 3-4 twist on hooks which I would try to twist on to the ceiling and then have a zip tie or some string from the hook to the shower polls which I will put the curtains and loops onto and have it held up in 3-4 places.(just not sure that I will be able to twist the hooks into the concrete.)
 Thought that there might be another method which one of the ddf members would come up with? Just need it temporary until I can have shower doors put up.
Thanks.
 You can see as well the poles which is in an L shape which I would like to use.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:10:17 PM by myi »
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline voldemort

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
What about getting a tension rod shower bar. It attaches to the tile without drilling/hardware.

Offline elit

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
What about getting a tension rod shower bar. It attaches to the tile without drilling/hardware.
+1 simple solution

Offline srap

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
This is a corner shower, not a straight bar shower.  Unless the wall across from the toilet is close enough to make it into a straight bar unit.  That, indeed, would be the easiest.

Offline Yammer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
+1 used it a few times already

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Wouldn't work for a corner most likely, although it may work to go across the whole bathroom, assuming they are small enough, and that everything is off only to one side of the bathroom.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline voldemort

• View Profile
This is a corner shower, not a straight bar shower.
A rounded bar won't work?

Offline srap

• View Profile
Is this one bathroom that was redone?  Beautiful job!

Offline as2

• View Profile
Not with a tension rod...

Offline srap

• View Profile
No.  Rounded bars just give more elbow room instead of a straight bar.  Too tight of a curve in a corner and the ends would be at the wrong angle.

Offline voldemort

• View Profile
No.  Rounded bars just give more elbow room instead of a straight bar.  Too tight of a curve in a corner and the ends would be at the wrong angle.
Hmm. And using a straight bar diagonally won't give enough tension from the edges temporarily?

Offline as2

• View Profile
Hmm. And using a straight bar diagonally won't give enough tension from the edges temporarily?
Doubtful. Pardon my artistry, but would this diagram work in theory? The red line would be a tension rod. Based on your pictures, it seems like the bathroom is a good size for it.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Wouldn't work for a corner most likely, although it may work to go across the whole bathroom, assuming they are small enough, and that everything is off only to one side of the bathroom.
was thinking about this idea,I'm going to need to check tom what the biggest size tension bar the sell and would criss cross the two tension bars with one slightly below each other, with the shower curtain on one side, and I got to measure the bathroom.
  Thinking even if I take two tension bars and take a hard plastic plumbing piece which i would set between the two and stretch across the bathroom should one tension bar be too short. Will have to measure the b-room and then take it from there, thanks guys for your time to reply. #Achdus@DDF-WillingToHelp.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline myi

• View Profile
Doubtful. Pardon my artistry, but would this diagram work in theory? The red line would be a tension rod. Based on your pictures, it seems like the bathroom is a good size for it.
I was thinking to you use two poles, yes in the first two pictures that would be a great idea if one tension pole would fit across, while in the last two pictures the toilet is right behind the door on the left so that wouldn't work to put one bar across either it would hit with the toilet or hit with the sink.
  Then I would have to use two tension bars to keep it in a small area away from the toilet and away from the sink.

Those two pictures would be the rounded polls that wouldn't really do me good unless I drill into the ceiling which I rather not waste time drilling into concrete.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:18:38 PM by myi »

Offline as2

• View Profile
I was thinking to you use two poles, yes in the first two pictures that would be a great idea if one tension pole would fit across, while in the last two pictures the toilet is right behind the door on the left so that wouldn't work to put one bar across either it would hit with the toilet or hit with the sink.
  Then I would have to use two tension bars to keep it in a small area away from the toilet and away from the sink.
Well, glad we solved half your problem! ;D  Even if you make a cross with 2 rods, you can leave the curtain only on the shower half of both, making it look a lot better.

Online etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
was thinking about this idea,I'm going to need to check tom what the biggest size tension bar the sell and would criss cross the two tension bars with one slightly below each other, with the shower curtain on one side, and I got to measure the bathroom.
  Thinking even if I take two tension bars and take a hard plastic plumbing piece which i would set between the two and stretch across the bathroom should one tension bar be too short. Will have to measure the b-room and then take it from there, thanks guys for your time to reply. #Achdus@DDF-WillingToHelp.
Good luck! If you criss cross the bars, you can take one shower curtain and one set of hooks and hang the curtain around the corner.
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Well, glad we solved half your problem! ;D  Even if you make a cross with 2 rods, you can leave the curtain only on the shower half of both, making it look a lot better.
if 1 tension rod will work or two for the other bathroom would be really amazing and save me so much time.
Will keep you guys posted thank you so much for your responses.

Offline myi

• View Profile
Good luck! If you criss cross the bars, you can take one shower curtain and one set of hooks and hang the curtain around the corner.
truefully that's actually a very smart idea I didn't think of that, at first would reading your post I couldn't understand what you're writing now that I processed what you meant that happens to be an amazing idea, will keep all the water in the shower area, really a brilliant idea assuming all the previous ideas workout.

I might like this temporary shower too much to bother and build a real one. ;)

Offline srap

• View Profile
Unfortunately, I don't think two tension bars end to end will work.  The ends will buckle with the weight of the shower curtain.  Remember, the slightest extra pull or weight on the curtain (including a hanging piece of clothing or even water weight) will pull the rods down from their position on the wall, curtain and all.

Offline myi

• View Profile
with etech0 idea no need to do that with even a better solution.