Author Topic: DansDeals Twitter How-To  (Read 1929 times)

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
DansDeals Twitter How-To
« on: November 23, 2017, 01:25:08 AM »
As a frequent impulse flyer, I am often asked by friends/fam/coworkers how to get in the loop on rock bottom prices for flights to Israel, Europe, and the like. The follow up question to awakening these friends to DansDeals is often along the lines of "how often do you check the site?" or "the deals go so fast, how do you get them?", etc. etc.

Well, I have been meaning to do this video for a long time, but with the heat (or cold) of the holiday season upon us, I finally did it. This is a quick <10min walk through from 0-to-hero, including even setting up a quick email account (for the frumies), registering for a twitter, and then setting up the mobile notifications. 

So when you're surrounded by your family and friends this Thanksgiving, and they're wondering how you just went to Paris, are going to China and Israel (and almost went to Australia...) all for less than your mortgage [payment], you can share this link:

https://youtu.be/JSGoh4LWdIA

Enjoy :)

Offline David Smith

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: DansDeals Twitter How-To
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 01:56:23 AM »
Text follow @dansdeals to 40404. Takes ten seconds.
Who do you think you are fooling? You think you are going to pull a quick one on your Creator? Good luck with that.
JTZ

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 09:34:55 AM »
Limits how many daily texts you get, no?
Also, no way to customize night settings.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 11:05:56 AM »

That's a good point, I didn't know about that. But I do mention the sleep mode when setting up the SMS, and it does limit the daily number of text messages as Dan points out.

"SMS follow users have a limit to how many updates they can receive daily. If you have hit your limit, you will receive the message “You've reached your daily limit for Tweet notifications.” If you would like to receive more updates just reply with your full name and follow the instructions to create a full Twitter account."
-- https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170004

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 01:10:22 PM »
Limits how many daily texts you get, no?
Also, no way to customize night settings.
Technically limited, but even during busy season you are way under. I follow via SMS, and there was a while (I think during one of the Israeli wars) when I was getting updates from a couple other twitter accounts that were literally sending a tweet every few minutes, (my phone was buzzing non-stop), and only then did I get the message that I reached the limit. It resets after an hour or two, depending on when exactly you exceeded the limit. So SMS is not that bad an idea.

Regarding getting at night, you are right. I personally don't have the problem cuz I don't take my phone to bed with me, but even for those who do, @dansdeals rarely ever sends out a tweet late at night. (Unless it's a tweet worth waking up for.  :D )
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:14:28 PM by Work-for-ur-muny »

Offline JACKBLUE

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 02:12:41 PM »
Technically limited, but even during busy season you are way under. I follow via SMS, and there was a while (I think during one of the Israeli wars) when I was getting updates from a couple other twitter accounts that were literally sending a tweet every few minutes, (my phone was buzzing non-stop), and only then did I get the message that I reached the limit. It resets after an hour or two, depending on when exactly you exceeded the limit. So SMS is not that bad an idea.

Regarding getting at night, you are right. I personally don't have the problem cuz I don't take my phone to bed with me, but even for those who do, @dansdeals rarely ever sends out a tweet late at night. (Unless it's a tweet waking up for.  :D )
+1

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 02:27:44 PM »

Regarding getting at night, you are right. I personally don't have the problem cuz I don't take my phone to bed with me, but even for those who do, @dansdeals rarely ever sends out a tweet late at night. (Unless it's a tweet worth waking up for.  :D )
that might be true for someone Living in America anyone living outside of America still has a problem waking up in middle of the night. And regarding the SMS is I used to receive the texts that I've reached my limit but ever since a year ago I haven't received that ever since and I receive hundreds of texts daily.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501

Offline CopyJosh

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 03:54:07 PM »
Thanks for the inputs. I’m going to note this method in the description and caption it in the beginning of the video. For now though, there’s an empire turkey leg with my name on it ;)