Topic Wiki

There are two different types of hyatt nights. Sign Up Nights (referred to as "SUN"s) and anniversary nights. The sign up nights are from when you sign up for the hyatt credit card. The anniversary night are given to you if you keep the credit card after the first year. You get one anniversary night every year. The sign up nights can be used for any hyatt hotel in the world on any date where a Standard Room is available. The anniversary nights can only be used in hyatt hotels categories 1-4 (Notable category 4 hyatt hotels: Hyatt regency mission bay, San Diego Ca. Andaz peninsula papagayo, Costa Rico.). Obviously the sign up nights are more valuable as they can be used in any hotel worldwide. The way somebody would book this night for you is they would put you as a second guest on the reservation. It is not recommended to combine nights between 3 different accounts or more. Or 2 accounts that none is yours. Obviously any reservation from a diamond account is more valuable since you will get the benefits as a second guest.

Suite Upgrades:

When you do the hyatt diamond challenge you get 4 suite upgrades. (For that matter a diamond member will get 4 suite upgrades every year). In order to complete the diamond challenge you must stay 12 nights in 60 days. There are people who will book you a room under their account and then use their diamond suite upgrade for your reservation. The reason why somebody would do this is simple. They want to complete the diamond challenge, therefore they will give you a diamond suite upgrade to get nights under their account and complete the challenge.  Diamond suite upgrades CANNOT be transferred to another account.
Diamond suite upgrades can only be used for a cash or cash and points reservation. They cannot be combined with any free nights or full point nights. Diamond suite upgrades are subject to availability of the suite being available. You can transfer hyatt points between accounts, though you must fill out the form on hyatt's website. People have reported it taking under 24 hours for the points to be transferred.

C+P show up on the website, when available; and it will tell you if not available. And if a Diamond member were to book for you you'd get all the Diamond benefits listed on the Hyatt website.

Per forum rules both buyers and sellers must post a price
« Last edited by Slims on August 14, 2017, 11:31:26 AM »

Author Topic: Hyatt Awards And Upgrades Master Thread  (Read 356379 times)

Online Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Anyone sell Hyatt free night awards?
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 08:52:33 AM »
beat me to itI mistakenly thought the vendome is 'inspire'.

If I use UR points out of a Hyatt acct with 60 days Diamond challenge, what kind of room will I get? Perhaps I can use only 2 rooms per night.

You would not get suites. But if you use 33k a night to get a suite that might work for 2 rooms depending on how many people you are. but you maybe better off just paying for a standard room and using an upgrade and collecting points
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone sell Hyatt free night awards?
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 08:53:09 AM »
Not that I'm looking to sell, but you must name a price.
$240 per room up to 12. I'd pay more for a suit.

You would not get suites. But if you use 33k a night to get a suite that might work for 2 rooms depending on how many people you are. but you maybe better off just paying for a standard room and using an upgrade and collecting points
reg. rate is close to $1000/night or $12,000 for the whole stay....

What kind of suite comes for 33k ur pts? might be an option
Purpose > Pleasure

Online Ergel

• View Profile
Re: Re: Anyone sell Hyatt free night awards?
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2012, 08:56:01 AM »
$240 per room up to 12. I'd pay more for a suit.
when are you going?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2012, 08:56:17 AM »
Purpose > Pleasure

Online Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2012, 09:04:33 AM »
April 15-19
I know someone looking to get rid of his but they may expire by then.I'll let you know

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »
I know someone looking to get rid of his but they may expire by then.I'll let you know
thanks a lot.
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline AJK

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »
If I use UR points out of a Hyatt acct with 60 days Diamond challenge, what kind of room will I get? Perhaps I can use only 2 rooms per night.

You'd originally be booked into a standard room, but you'd almost assuredly be upgraded to a park deluxe. Additionally, depending on availability, you may be upgraded to a park suite as a Diamond.

What makes you think you can only use 2 rooms per night?

What kind of suite comes for 33k ur pts? might be an option

Park Suite, IME.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2012, 09:53:16 AM »
You'd originally be booked into a standard room, but you'd almost assuredly be upgraded to a park deluxe. Additionally, depending on availability, you may be upgraded to a park suite as a Diamond.

What makes you think you can only use 2 rooms per night?

Park Suite, IME.
we are 5 kids and two parents, we can do with 2 suites. although the park suite doesn't look seem so big
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »
Anyone know if the certs require the basic room to be available? looks like only the park deluxe is available.
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline AJK

• View Profile
  • Programs: United Concierge Key; Delta Global Services; American Chairman; US Airways 1K; Hilton Sapphire; Hyatt Tritium; Marriott Californium; Starwood Kryptonium; Hertz Plutonium; National Adamantium, Avis Executive Proactanium
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
we are 5 kids and two parents, we can do with 2 suites. although the park suite doesn't look seem so big

It's not terribly large by US standards, but in Paris its relatively pretty big.

In any case, your most likely going to have kids sleeping on coach/floor with 2 rooms.
2015: 116K bkd | 1.6M brnd | F: OZ,NH,AA,EK | J: UA,CA,TK,DL,TN,AF,VA | LIH,NRT,ROR,PEK,CNS,BOB,MEL,TLV & Pacific Hopper

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2012, 09:57:51 AM »
It's not terribly large by US standards, but in Paris its relatively pretty big.

In any case, your most likely going to have kids sleeping on coach/floor with 2 rooms.
I'm more worried about space than beds.
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:49 AM »
I'm more worried about space than beds.

You'll definitely have enough space for 2 adults and 5 kids in 2 park suites.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2012, 10:04:11 AM »
You'll definitely have enough space for 2 adults and 5 kids in 2 park suites.
All relative. 1 suite and 2 rooms out of vouchers is both cheaper and better. I also hope to get upgraded as a Hyatt Diamond (via challenge). What would be awesome is if these stays (certs) count towards status.
Purpose > Pleasure

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15685
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2012, 10:05:07 AM »
Anyone know if the certs require the basic room to be available? looks like only the park deluxe is available.
Except for diamond certs, they do need basic room availability.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline AJK

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
All relative. 1 suite and 2 rooms out of vouchers is both cheaper and better. I also hope to get upgraded as a Hyatt Diamond (via challenge). What would be awesome is if these stays (certs) count towards status.

Yes, need for space is all relative. Some people can't go to the PHP without getting the Imperial Suite :P but I figured if your trying to make it work, it may be easier to score two suites.

They don't count, AFAIK.