Author Topic: Hashgacha Pratis Stories  (Read 9587 times)

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
  • Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
Hashgacha Pratis Stories
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:04:51 PM »
AKA מלקט ניצוצות
Check out this amazing story:
Yesterday, I bumped into my daughters 1st cousin (who is a shliach in Peru) on my flight into the amazon jungle. The city where we landed (Iquitos) is so remote and far in the jungle that there are no roads leading into it. He came to do a hashgacha on a small factory that produces hearts of palm. He was planning on just being here for the day and did not take his teffilin along. His return flight was cancelled and the next flight is tonight (he had to stay overnight). He reached out to me to ask to borrow my teffilin. I have already moved on down the amazon river to a small village a few hours away from where he is, but I found a non-Jewish dreadlocked adventurer who understood that this is a holy mission and he gladly took the teffilin and hit the road to bring it to the rabbi.

As a traveler I am blessed with the clarity to see hashgach pratis every day. My blood relative + a random city in a jungle in a far away land. We end up on the same plane, same day, same destination, If I wasn't here, it would have been the first time in his life that he would not put on teffilin. Thank You Hashem!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:00:45 PM by Dan »
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline as2

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 24
    • View Profile
Re: Hashgacha Protis Stories
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 12:23:19 PM »
Yesterday, I bumped into my daughters 1st cousin (who is a shliach in Peru) on my flight into the amazon jungle. The city where we landed (Iquitos) is so remote and far in the jungle that there are no roads leading into it. He came to do a hashgacha on a small factory that produces hearts of palm. He was planning on just being here for the day and did not take his teffilin along. His return flight was cancelled and the next flight is tonight (he had to stay overnight). He reached out to me to ask to borrow my teffilin. I have already moved on down the amazon river to a small village a few hours away from where he is, but I found a non-Jewish dreadlocked adventurer who understood that this is a holy mission and he gladly took the teffilin and hit the road to bring it to the rabbi.

As a traveler I am blessed with the clarity to see hashgach pratis every day. My blood relative + a random city in a jungle in a far away land. We end up on the same plane, same day, same destination, If I wasn't here, it would have been the first time in his life that he would not put on teffilin. Thank You Hashem!
Ya same here, just another day That is incredible! These types of stories seem to be the norm by you. You must be a special person.
Memories last forever, make them while you can.

Offline Yaalili

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 157
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 01:59:24 PM »
Wow nice story!

Offline henche

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hashgacha Pratis Stories
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 02:29:50 PM »
How'd you get them back

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 02:42:06 PM »
How'd you get them back
I'm going to guess, the same way he got them there.

Offline henche

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 02:43:47 PM »

Eh.  A real hashgacha pratis story would have been if he was walking dejectedly down the mud path in the jungle, and a smiley 15 year old kid with a scraggly beard said, excuse me, are you jewish? Do you want to put on tefillin?

Offline mgarfin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 03:39:43 PM »
Really waiting for @Suave to write a book!

Offline Suave

• DansDeals Developer
    • View Profile
    • SWIZU Web Development
  • Programs: Photoshop
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26:42 PM »
I'm going to guess, the same way he got them there.
Yup, the guy is on the way back already BH
DDMS Built with ♥ by SWIZU

Offline justaregularguy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 11:15:18 PM »
can i put in a story? not as exotic as the other one but here goes:
my rebbi informed me in the beginning of one week he was making a shalom zachor that week in his house so i planned on going.

when I got to his block I didnt know which house it was (he lived on a block where all the houses look exactly the same :-\) so I guessed one house and went in and saw the shalom zachor going on with a few people so I was glad I made it.

I noticed my friend from yeshiva there too so we shmoozed. After a while I asked where Rabbi **** was- the baal simcha... and they said oh he lives next door maybe he didnt come........so I said oh wasnt he making a shalom zachor ??? they said it was last week.... :o :o :o.(apparently I completely forgot about the shalom zachor for a whole week and only remembered a week later..that part is weird)
So what was going on this week? I had gone to my friends house actually and his brother had a baby right before Shabbos and didnt have a chance to get the word out so they were grateful that I had come to enhance their Simcha!! ;D ;D

wrong week
wrong house
worked out in the end ;)
nothings impossible- the word itself says Im possible

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 12:22:43 AM »
These types of stories seem to be the norm by you. You must be a special person.
Part of having these stories happen to you is noticing when they do.  And that, too, is what makes someone a special person.

My favorite cause: cssy.org

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 12:28:59 AM »
can i put in a story? not as exotic as the other one but here goes:
my rebbi informed me in the beginning of one week he was making a shalom zachor that week in his house so i planned on going.

when I got to his block I didnt know which house it was (he lived on a block where all the houses look exactly the same :-\) so I guessed one house and went in and saw the shalom zachor going on with a few people so I was glad I made it.

I noticed my friend from yeshiva there too so we shmoozed. After a while I asked where Rabbi **** was- the baal simcha... and they said oh he lives next door maybe he didnt come........so I said oh wasnt he making a shalom zachor ??? they said it was last week.... :o :o :o.(apparently I completely forgot about the shalom zachor for a whole week and only remembered a week later..that part is weird)
So what was going on this week? I had gone to my friends house actually and his brother had a baby right before Shabbos and didnt have a chance to get the word out so they were grateful that I had come to enhance their Simcha!! ;D ;D

wrong week
wrong house
worked out in the end ;)
Nice

Offline shmendrik

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 01:29:05 AM »
Had a tumor. Was found malignant.

Went into surgery with the full understanding that there's only a 50% chance of a successful removal, and that many things can go wrong internally.

Tumor was removed, but my insides didn't heal properly and I had some pretty bad internal scar tissue developing.

Two years later, cancer is back, this time jumping straight to Stage 3. Test show that the tumor had gotten to within millimeters of my lung's lymph nodes, but that it had hit the old scar tissue and was forced to detour.

If not for the botched surgery, I'd be dead today.

חסדי ה' כי לא תמנו כי לא כלו רחמיו. I'm six years clean now.

Offline Work-for-ur-muny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 01:30:34 AM »
Had a tumor. Was found malignant.

Went into surgery with the full understanding that there's only a 50% chance of a successful removal, and that many things can go wrong internally.

Tumor was removed, but my insides didn't heal properly and I had some pretty bad internal scar tissue developing.

Two years later, cancer is back, this time jumping straight to Stage 3. Test show that the tumor had gotten to within millimeters of my lung's lymph nodes, but that it had hit the old scar tissue and was forced to detour.

If not for the botched surgery, I'd be dead today.

חסדי ה' כי לא תמנו כי לא כלו רחמיו. I'm six years clean now.
Wow! May HaShem grant you full health till 120!

Offline as2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 01:54:25 AM »
Part of having these stories happen to you is noticing when they do.  And that, too, is what makes someone a special person.
Very well put, and a great point.

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2021, 10:54:11 PM »
This made me feel really happy, and I want to share it with others.

Since I started filing taxes, I was eligible for refund every year, and I never had to pay taxes out of pocket. This year, I was somewhat disappointed when my accountant told me that I would have to pay New Jersey state taxes - which, although it reflected an increase in my income, it still was an unwelcome expense in a difficult year.

How much did I have to pay? Exactly $502.

But... Yesterday, I received a check back for $500. As many New Jersians know, Governor Murphy made a deal with the moderates that he'll give a middle-class tax break if they agree to his campaign-promised millionaires tax. He structured his tax break only for people who paid state tax out-of-pocket, who have kids, who make less than 150,000 per couple, and they are entitled to get back the amount they paid - up to $500!

Thank You Hashem!

Offline good sam

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2021, 11:02:59 PM »

Since I started filing taxes, I was eligible for refund every year, and I never had to pay taxes out of pocket. This year, I was somewhat disappointed when my accountant told me that I would have to pay New Jersey state taxes - which, although it reflected an increase in my income, it still was an unwelcome expense in a difficult year.

But... Yesterday, I received a check back for $500. As many New Jersians know, Governor Murphy made a deal with the moderates that he'll give a middle-class tax break if they agree to his campaign-promised millionaires tax. He structured his tax break only for people who paid state tax out-of-pocket, who have kids, who make less than 150,000 per couple, and they are entitled to get back the amount they paid - up to $500!

Thank You Hashem!

That's great! And as you said, having to pay tax is a very healthy thing. Hashem should bless you that you should not qualify for the $500 credit next year.
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 11:27:08 PM »

Thank You Hashem!
My grandfather used to say "I give you a brocha (blessing) that you should pay a lot of taxes"
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Fish Tank

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2021, 11:32:19 PM »

Thank You Hashem!
Great story!

So if state tax was deducted from my paycheck each month, I wont be getting the $500 refund check ?

Offline YitzyS

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2021, 11:34:58 PM »
Great story!

So if state tax was deducted from my paycheck each month, I wont be getting the $500 refund check ?
I'm not sure, but I could be yes. I just meant that taxes had to be paid, and it was not a refund if no taxes were paid. If they were paid monthly, it probably qualifies. Maybe someone with knowledge can weigh in.

Offline moko

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2021, 12:08:40 AM »
My grandfather used to say "I give you a brocha (blessing) that you should pay a lot of taxes"
he just had a friend who was a lousy accountant  :)