Author Topic: Room report: Conrad USM 3BR Villa  (Read 1010 times)

Offline EJB

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 13
    • View Profile
Re: Room report: Conrad USM 3BR Villa
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2018, 07:14:18 PM »
Damn it - didnít get bonus points for the $ I took out and for the food they charged to my room.

Offline Denverite

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 02:40:40 AM »
Damn it - didnít get bonus points for the $ I took out and for the food they charged to my room.

No base points at all?  We went to Ang Thong today and the kids loved it (but my youngest is 5) and I specifically charged to the room via the concierge hoping to get a boatload of points (regardless Iíll get 12ppd from Amex, although I know you paid with the Citi for 4th night free) but it would be Really nice to get an extra 30ppd if it earns like a room charge... :P

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2018, 06:27:43 AM »
No base points at all?  We went to Ang Thong today and the kids loved it (but my youngest is 5) and I specifically charged to the room via the concierge hoping to get a boatload of points (regardless Iíll get 12ppd from Amex, although I know you paid with the Citi for 4th night free) but it would be Really nice to get an extra 30ppd if it earns like a room charge... :P
My guess is if its an official hotel thing youíll be fine. The hotel paid for my meals and I took out money from the hotel - that didnít appear on my folio with the points.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 40K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16441
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2018, 07:58:46 AM »
My guess is if its an official hotel thing youíll be fine. The hotel paid for my meals and I took out money from the hotel - that didnít appear on my folio with the points.
Not surprising.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Denverite

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2018, 09:29:53 AM »

Ok gotcha. I just made a nice donation online to Chabad KS because the I know they take a loss on these crazy cheap prices and the food is so good!  So did you order the meals from the ďConrad Kosher MenuĒ where Chabad and the hotel have marked the meals up to the $20-$30 range or they just let you do the cash advance thing for when you called in your orders directly to the restaurant?

Offline sam28

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2018, 11:43:02 AM »
Wow great TR  and pictures .

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2018, 12:22:19 PM »
Ok gotcha. I just made a nice donation online to Chabad KS because the I know they take a loss on these crazy cheap prices and the food is so good!  So did you order the meals from the ďConrad Kosher MenuĒ where Chabad and the hotel have marked the meals up to the $20-$30 range or they just let you do the cash advance thing for when you called in your orders directly to the restaurant?
Donít use the hotels menu. Iím sure the hotel gets a cut. Thereís a menu in the chabad for takeout/delivery that are reg prices and theyíll charge you 1000 baht for delivery.

Offline Theg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
Room report: Conrad USM 3BR Villa
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2018, 12:24:34 PM »
CKS has a shuttle in to town 3 times a day and they can make a pickup from Chabad for free.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2018, 12:26:55 PM »
CKS has a shuttle in to town 3 times a day and they can make a pickup from Chabad for free.
Thatís a good idea though Iíd tip hotel for that. Would timing work for lunch?

Offline Theg

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2018, 01:38:44 PM »
I think it would but I wouldnít want to bother them by  doing it again for dinner. I had them bring our Dimond breakfast at 12ish and dinner arrived around 6

Offline Z56

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, National EE, Hertz GP, Avis PP
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 01:44:16 PM »
Donít use the hotels menu. Iím sure the hotel gets a cut. Thereís a menu in the chabad for takeout/delivery that are reg prices and theyíll charge you 1000 baht for delivery.

I have the kitchen manager contact info, you can whatsapp him with your order, and he will make sure the hotels shuttle  takes it along with the breakfast that they come pick up from chabad
True friends are like diamonds, precious and rare. False friends are like leaves, found everywhere.

Offline EJB

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 01:45:13 PM »
Thatís the night before I thought. Wonít work for fresh pizza